A.J

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just to counter some of the concern (if there truly is any?) or overhyping of the potential in here, the forecast from the professionals is currently for a widespread small covering by morning of 2-4cm, I imagine that would not inconvenience travel whatsoever. sorry.gif A rare event yes, but it is pretty much forecast to be just a typical winter storm, at this stage. acute.gif Yes, the potential is there for something more threatening to occur but even then, the upper risk level is currently for a fall of only 5-10cm. I am not attempting to pee on people's excitement here because I am lucky forward to receiving SNOW as much as any snow lover. clapping.gif

I copy below the current MetO warning for today, for the Southwest region.

Accumulations of 2-4 cm of snow could occur quite widely over southern counties, with a risk of 5-10 cm for parts of southwest England.

The public are advised to be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

More snow is forecast for tomorrow as well and I believe the main talking point will be the wind and blowing snow, causing a feel of extreme cold.

That made me laugh you make it sound like a common winter event rofl.gif 2 - 4cm for west country this winter is a big deal... air_kiss.gif

Lets hope this upgrades into a 'winter storm' with alot more falling good.gif

Posted

WOAH Dew point in poole has just droped massive! 4.3 now to 1.7!

Yes have just noticed a massive drop in temp here as well, the Colder uppers have just hit defo ...

Posted

It's not the amount of snow it's the wind , if drifting occur,s the roads and high hedges just fill up and cause major disruption

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Yeah dp are dropping like astone now! Down to 1.4

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

This is nothing to do with yesterdays conversation its an observation on something iv noticed in the last hour or so, the seagulls seem to be extra noisy, do they know stormy weather is on the way?

(

Posted

Yes have just noticed a massive drop in temp here as well, the Colder uppers have just hit defo ...

It really has dew paoints are still falling very fast! now 1.4 ! Love watching the weather change live, very interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Just to counter some of the concern (if there truly is any?) or overhyping of the potential in here, the forecast from the professionals is currently for a widespread small covering by morning of 2-4cm, I imagine that would not inconvenience travel whatsoever. sorry.gif A rare event yes, but it is pretty much forecast to be just a typical winter storm, at this stage. acute.gif Yes, the potential is there for something more threatening to occur but even then, the upper risk level is currently for a fall of only 5-10cm. I am not attempting to pee on people's excitement here because I am lucky forward to receiving SNOW as much as any snow lover. clapping.gif

I copy below the current MetO warning for today, for the Southwest region.

Accumulations of 2-4 cm of snow could occur quite widely over southern counties, with a risk of 5-10 cm for parts of southwest England.

The public are advised to be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

More snow is forecast for tomorrow as well and I believe the main talking point will be the wind and blowing snow, causing a feel of extreme cold.

Believe me, 2-4cm of snow can bring Southampton to a standstill quite easily, and that is without drifting, rush hour traffic and the closure of our major artery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

That made me laugh you make it sound like a common winter event rofl.gif 2 - 4cm for west country this winter is a big deal... air_kiss.gif

Lets hope this upgrades into a 'winter storm' with alot more falling good.gif

Agree,,,,,,We just under 3 weeks to Easter, good.gif Recently experienced awful slate grey dry cold spell, Some snow falling in brisk cold wind would be very exceptable last wintery spell before spring, Anymore than that would be Mother natures bonus for South West

Posted

Believe me, 2-4cm of snow can bring Southampton to a standstill quite easily, and that is without drifting, rush hour traffic and the closure of our major artery.

acute.gif Yep - you've got that spot on! Even a 1cm dusting brings this city to standstill.

Posted

it sure does around here,

Wonder if the motorway 32 hour closure will have any impact, snow may be arriving just as its reopened. Might not be much traffic to clear it for morning rush hour.

Posted

Well the Heavy ppn currently over Exeter should slowly start to turn wintry from now on ...So reports of first Snow drops would be welcome so we can keep a track of how far the colder uppers have progressed .

Posted

System seems to be heading NE to me

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/satellite.php

But a second opinion could prove I'm blind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Agree,,,,,,We just under 3 weeks to Easter, good.gif Recently experienced awful slate grey dry cold spell, Some snow falling in brisk cold wind would be very exceptable last wintery spell before spring, Anymore than that would be Mother natures bonus for South West

I think with out being rude that there are one or two on here that are being a bit NIMBY.......................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Hi everyone

Just checking in before the main event begins. Our local met office who are usually shy when it comes to issuing severe weather warnings have just issued a code red warning for us for tomorrow. Overnight rain tonight will turn readily to sleet and snow by morning and will become persistent and heavy during the morning. This coupled with an easterly gale to severe gale force wind gusting as high as 60mph will cause significant drifting. Maximum temperature expected is 1C. I will do my best to share pictures and reports as and when I can. For everyone else in the south west due to be effected by the imminent extreme weather, stay safe smile.png

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Get in there Plymouth and surrounding area with their very own amber warning. I grew up there and know how hard it is seeing everyone else getting some not ever seeing any yourself

Posted

Jersey Met has issued a Code Red blizzard warning for tomorrow (Monday) morning.

Sleet will turn to snow with gale to severe gale force winds expected by mid- to late morning. With up to 10cm of snow and strong winds, significant drifting is expected.

A Code Red means there is likely to be major disruption and it alerts government authorities to initiate contingency plans.

Jersey's Education Department is warning parents to make contingency plans for tomorrow in case schools have to close. A firm decision will be made early morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

it sure does around here,

Wonder if the motorway 32 hour closure will have any impact, snow may be arriving just as its reopened. Might not be much traffic to clear it for morning rush hour.

Yes, if the works finish on time then you could be right and bad weather might mean there is a very quiet rush hour in the morning. However, judging by the number of local people who didn't actually know the roadworks were happening at all and have merrily set off to mum's for lunch I wouldn't bet on it rofl.gif

Just wondering how much contingent time was factored into at that 32 hour estimate? If the weather is as bad as the NW forecasts those contractors are going to be cold to the bone with snow blowing in their faces. Glad it's not me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

The wind is really picking up here! And temp feels like it has dropped again.

Posted

I'm not so sure looking at this:

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

Just stationary for now by the looks of it lol

Posted

AWD if your about look at the loop on rain today , it is moving NE and intensifying as it does so , AKA GFS ...

Train your eyes on Bridgwater as it is a good example .. Starts of yellow, then orange , now red ...

Edited by snowmadchrisuk