Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 10/03/13 17z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Think it's all gone broadly to plan with the extreme south coast the only area to see anything other than a flurry.

Dartmoor and Cornwall are probably the places that have lost out a little, with the forecast over-suggestive of snowfall there.

Otherwise I continue to maintain that the best place in our region for anything today (and even there its nothing more than decent light snow) wil be the Southampton/Portsmouth and Isle of Wight area.

Any reports from the Channel Islands? They were one area forecast to get something significant?

I still think Dorset East could do ok today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Few centimetres on grass here ( Portland ) so frustrating seeing that heavier stuff just out in the channel ! If only it would push slightly north ! I can almost touch it lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It looks to be fading quickly for our region i think ..

post-15177-0-54976200-1362992531_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yep. If anything half decent falls, that's where it will be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Starting to brighten up, I can understand the frustration with the heavy stuff in the channel but hey Ho it's the Channel Islands turn. Good luck to them. What is more frustrating is that the French are getting some!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Snow!!

snowing for 2 hours now, looking good looking at the radar for later!

-0.4c ; windchill -6.2c ; dewpoint -1.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

I think it's a case of poor old cornwall once again.

We must all be magicians because somehow,we always seem to magic the snow away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Are you guys looking at the same radar as me? http://www.jerseymet...radar/Radar.htm

That heavier band is getting closer and closer, I should know...I kept my girlfriend up by tracking it every half hour through the night! Oops blum.gif it's an illness! tease.gif

That radar isn't reflecting properly, half of the precip is missing from the coverage.

I'm not buying the heavier stuff moving this way, the low is creeping very slowly east, precip is fading from here but it'll begin to pep up in the Sussexes and Kent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

I think it's a case of poor old cornwall once again.

We must all be magicians because somehow,we always seem to magic the snow away.

https://www.youtube.... Camalot/ Cornwall Legal law to climate,,,,,Winter finishes March 2nd on dot Edited by cerneman

Posted

Are you guys looking at the same radar as me? http://www.jerseymet...radar/Radar.htm

That heavier band is getting closer and closer, I should know...I kept my girlfriend up by tracking it every half hour through the night! Oops blum.gif it's an illness! tease.gif

Indeed, all is far from lost. There remains the strong possibility that heavier stuff will affect the east of our region at least. Sussex and IOW well placed IMO but no reason why Dorset/Hampshire couldn't pick more up later on. Keep an eye of the radar for NW edging of higher intensisty stuff as it tracks ENE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

i have to say its suddenly got warmer here. cant give stats as at work, but what had settled on cars is now melgting away. It is still very lightly snowing though

Posted

Well SW now looks mainly Dry and increasingly bright with just the odd flurry, GFS has even backed off on the Snow showers reaching down here, Aside from a few wintry showers on Wednesday , then cool with light rain showers until a band from the NW hits over the weekend , possibly proceeded by Snow in the East but most of our area will probably be rain .... As for the Models if it was January the upcoming setup would be Snow heaven , but as it's march low pressure over the country with uppers around 0 will mean feeling Cold and Wet. The weather gods have really not been on the South Wests side this winter , but hey ho , maybe next year :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Well my met app has changed to heavy snow at 12.00pm ! Currently lots of little flakes few centimetres on the ground :@)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

March last year was sunny and Warm,,,, Was having to open greenhouse vents to keep seedlings cool,,,,,,,,,Sitting down by river for lunch, Warm evenings,

Lets hope this year we get good late Spring and Summergood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

temp 0.4c dp -7.1c and a bloody hideous biting wind. I have to take the dogs out in a minute with the wind racing across the fields. I should have invested in a balaclava. I'm yearning for the weather of I think last Tuesday of sun and about 15c, so lovely.

The wind has also caused another problem. I have a rather daft male blue tit who keeps attacking his reflection in my new patio door. The advice was to cover the door in clingfilm which I did but the wind blew it off last night and he is back again today flying and pecking at the glass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Things developing nicely in arreton on on the isle of wight !