Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 10/03/13 17z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

https://www.youtube...... Camalot/ Cornwall Legal law to climate,,,,,Winter finishes March 2nd on dot

Least camalot gets a winterblum.gifblum.gif

Reminded me of my courting days.LOL

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Nearly 3 hours of continuous moderate snow and still no sign of it letting up. Also, the skies are darkening somewhat with the onset of the "code red blizzard" we are all anticipating here:

http://www.jerseymet...Radar/Radar.htm

Current temp: 0.0C

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted

Still snowing, not all light either, if this keeps on all day we'll easily get above 5cms on surfaces prone to settling. Still expecting a heavier period this afternoon.

Edited by rjbw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I must say the west country has had very little luck these past 2 winters. We had a near perfect chance for a rare widespread event today and even the cornish have managed to miss out cray.gif

Just looks like a cold week but becoming less conducive for any snow by the time some real ppn reaches us later in week. I won't be turning the News channel on this evening to see endless reports of the eastern half of england bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nearly 3 hours of continuous moderate snow and still no sign of it letting up. Also, the skies are darkening somewhat with the onset of the "code red blizzard" we are all anticipating here:

http://www.jerseymet...Radar/Radar.htm

Current temp: 0.0C

Stay safe....

Posted

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=rsum&HH=24&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Latest NAE a big upgrade for South Hants and IOW - 14mm (ie 10-15cm snow) for Isle of Wight by tomorrow morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Starting to brighten up, I can understand the frustration with the heavy stuff in the channel but hey Ho it's the Channel Islands turn. Good luck to them. What is more frustrating is that the French are getting some!!!!!

Heavy rain showers forecast for Friday,,,Guarantee the French won't nick themaggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Cold and snowy is great but just grey, windy and cold is MEH!!! Bring back Spring, I was enjoying the sunshine!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I am in Chudleigh now, its snowing a bit here, was snowing heavy with small falkes on my drive over Dartmoor.... Wonder what I will go home to??!!

post-18883-0-91866500-1362997266_thumb.j

Probably not....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

After going back through the models, it seems yesterday's NAE wasn't far off the mark after all?

Posted

rain today radar has the snow going in the opposite direction to how it had it only an hour ago!!!...now being pushed back west and south so no heavy stuff for us...some flurries coming in over London might make it here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Cold and snowy is great but just grey, windy and cold is MEH!!! Bring back Spring, I was enjoying the sunshine!!

Nothing Springlike for at least a week I'm afraid and maybe even further out than that.

Hopefully get to see some more sun eventually which will please a lot of people who are downbeat about missing the snowy action.

For this region, good places for some snowfall of any consequence today remain Southern Dorset, most of Hampshire and potentially into parts of East Wiltshire as the day wears on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Snow stopped and little brighter but wind really increased with some gusts sounding like express train passing,,,,,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

rain today radar has the snow going in the opposite direction to how it had it only an hour ago!!!...now being pushed back west and south so no heavy stuff for us...some flurries coming in over London might make it here...

Yes it is moving from Northeast to Southwest on its Northern edge. I believe you are from the New Forest when I saw your profile earlier, so you should be in a good position for a fair few flakes yet.

Posted

Stay safe....

Thank you coffee lover :) We (the family) are all safe indoors and well stocked up with essentials. The littleuns are keen to go out and play but with a wind chill of -8 and a blizzard incoming, this won't be happening today. No doubt the schools will be closed tomorrow (as well as today) when the forecast is set to improve so they will have plenty of time to play out in it then good.gif

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted

Nothing Springlike for at least a week I'm afraid and maybe even further out than that.

Hopefully get to see some more sun eventually which will please a lot of people who are downbeat about missing the snowy action.

For this region, good places for some snowfall of any consequence today remain Southern Dorset, most of Hampshire and potentially into parts of East Wiltshire as the day wears on.

and of course the Channel Islands drinks.gif

Posted

Looking at the radar we're tantalisingly close to the action.

Posted

Thank you coffee lover smile.png We (the family) are all safe indoors and well stocked up with essentials. The littleuns are keen to go out and play but with a wind chill of -8 and a blizzard incoming, this won't be happening today. No doubt the schools will be closed tomorrow (as well as today) when the forecast is set to improve so they will have plenty of time to play out in it then good.gif

Put some pictures up later Fitzwis if you get a chance please. clapping.gif

and of course the Channel Islands drinks.gif

Goes without saying. I think your island may well be making the headlines later on today. A proper snowfest for your shores. drinks.gif

Looking at the radar we're tantalisingly close to the action.

Yes, I would say we have an outside chance of a few more snowflakes to add to yesterdays snizzle. I don't expect anything other than that though, to be fair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Thank you coffee lover :) We (the family) are all safe indoors and well stocked up with essentials. The littleuns are keen to go out and play but with a wind chill of -8 and a blizzard incoming, this won't be happening today. No doubt the schools will be closed tomorrow (as well as today) when the forecast is set to improve so they will have plenty of time to play out in it then good.gif

Aww thats good.. We are just waiting for the council to close the schools on the island, its become a right nightmare here, cars crashing, roads being closed, train on fire..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Snow!!

Heaviest snowfall of the morning now, flakes a much bigger, no let up.

Aww thats good.. We are just waiting for the council to close the schools on the island, its become a right nightmare here, cars crashing, roads being closed, train on fire..

Train on fire, not heard that one, wow.