• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Well there hasn't been snow here, but in compensation we do have some glorious sunshine with lovely fluffy white cumulus clouds drifting about! And, you never know, we might even see some snow showers!

Posted

Although most of the peturbations from the 17th onwards stay below the average, it is nowhere near what we have now.

The ensembles are definitely bringing in the cold rain scenario's.

post-15177-0-78304100-1363000873_thumb.p

I agree, it'll stay chilly but we won't see anything like this again and also another factor is everyday that big thing in the sky we call the sun is getting higher too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Look at that PPN on the radar!! Just a small shift north and we would be getting battered!! Enjoy it channel islands!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Snow is really beginning to pick up!

bitterly bitterly cold out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Convection being pulled into the main band from the NE... Haven't seen that for a few winters!

SM

seems to have stopped now do you think theres a chance of futher outbreaks?

in the porstmouth area?

Posted

Although most of the peturbations from the 17th onwards stay below the average, it is nowhere near what we have now.

The ensembles are definitely bringing in the cold rain scenario's.

post-15177-0-78304100-1363000873_thumb.p

this is exactly what i've been thinking for ages. A couple of days of exceptional cold and then basically below average (but nothing out of the ordinary) probably associated with an increase in rainfall. In short, horrible for our neck of the woods. I don't care if it snows further north, it will be awful for us.

I've been looking at the CFS for a while (i know...i know...) but that is continually giving no hope whatsoever of any proper spring appearing before May. Lots of blocking, lots of cold rain.

Anyway, enjoy the snow those who have it! just a few flakes in the wind here in Farnborough...

*edit* - slightly heavier snow now!

Edited by Pharaoh Clutchstraw

Posted

Look at that PPN on the radar!! Just a small shift north and we would be getting battered!! Enjoy it channel islands!!

Just seen some white up on your hills!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Heavy snow Newport IOW at the moment, roads starting to get a bit dicey now - looks like it could continue for a while!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Never thought I wouldn't be happy to be under a Thames Streamer cray.gif but it is just preventing the Channel Low from making landfall here. Sounds like Pompey are just getting clipped by the northern edge of it? Maybe it will pivot enough for me to have some flakes worthy of working at home cos I'm feeling ever so slightly guilty....

Edited by katemart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Just seen some white up on your hills!!!

Yeah, I have to say there has been a bit, will be interesting driving back up this afternoon to see if there is more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Convection being pulled into the main band from the NE... Haven't seen that for a few winters!

SM

Where have you seen this?

Posted

Come on snow in Southampton. . . . . . . My patience is wearing thin!!!!! Madly snow dancing :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Never thought I wouldn't be happy to be under a Thames Streamer cray.gif but it is just preventing the Channel Low from making landfall here. Sounds like Pompey are just getting clipped by the northern edge of it? Maybe it will pivot enough for me to have some flakes worthy of working at home cos I'm feeling ever so slightly guilty....

Not really unfortunately.

Posted

More notable here in Christchurch now. Still small flakes but larger than before and certainly heavier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Only problem with being Weather forum member and radar watcher is realise how close we came to memorable event for our region,,,,,,Bit like being one digit away on all your lottery numbers,,,,,,So close but butters no parsnipsnea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Very rare but I feel like one of the haves in stead of the have nots. Let me explain. For work, I have had to drive from Bournemouth to salisbury in my snow covered car. I can see other drivers looking with open eyes( always good to have them open when driving) and envey, thinking wow where has he come from.

This is usually the other way round and it is I looking at others. So chest puffed out, car covered, I feel great. A bit like the chap who is surfing on the blowup crocodile in that advert!

Wow I am easily pleased!!!! Looking forward to driving back later to my snow covered home!!

Posted

Come on snow in Southampton. . . . . . . My patience is wearing thin!!!!! Madly snow dancing :-)

Snow dancing doesn't work :-( my legs are aching from all the jigging!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Note to self. When writing smug post on iPad and sat in car. Turn off bloody lights, got a flat battery. What a knob!

Posted

The thames streamer (convection) will not prevent the front moving North, instead it will aide in development on the Northern Flank, just whats happening now.

Where have you seen this?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Snowing better in Newbury now, a fair few flakes blowing in the wind. AT up and down and now sits at 0.3c.