Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looking forward to some decent snow at last. Wind is pretty strong too so we could see some moderate drifting.

Pete

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Looking forward to some decent snow at last. Wind is pretty strong too so we could see some moderate drifting.

Pete

Yep, looking good for the NE of Wales.

My parents are in Flintshire (near the border)...........wishing I was there the next few days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yes guys and gals up north keep us updated! Will be fun to see how much you get!

Posted

Yes guys and gals up north keep us updated! Will be fun to see how much you get!

yes god luck all your northerners! ENJOY, you deserve it! Keep us posted. :)

Posted

Live in hope or die of despair !south westward movement we need more lol 13032312_2112.gif

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Current conditions :

Weather : Dry, cloudy.

Temp : 3.5c (-0.4c per hour)

DP : -1.8c

RH : 68%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

whats the forecast for nw wales near bangor???

Snow, 2-5cm possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Current conditions :

Weather : Dry, cloudy.

Temp : 3.5c (-0.4c per hour)

DP : -1.8c

RH : 68%

Hope you got a jcb on stand by! I bet the horseshoe pass would be amazing tomorrow.

Posted

Anyware in north wales should see plenty of snow tonight especially after midnight Good luck and enjoy by this time tomorrow should have at least 6incs.Always remember as a child i always wanted to know were the horseshoe pass was because it was always closed by snow!

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

heavy snow in northern Ireland right now guys and sounds quite nasty, still looking very good for most of north wales. be great to see some pics to show how deep it gets tonight and tommor up there. and I will put bucket out back to show how deep the rain gets down here ha ha.

Posted

Anyware in north wales should see plenty of snow tonight especially after midnight Good luck and enjoy by this time tomorrow should have at least 6incs.Always remember as a child i always wanted to know were the horseshoe pass was because it was always closed by snow!

Horseshoe Pass or Bwlch yr Oernant is near me. There is a snow around still from the past few days. There are still a couple of big drifts on the Horseshoe Pass from the heavy snow 3 weeks ago!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Sleety/Flakes of snow here in bitting gusty winds. I'm currently in Deiniolen, N West Wales.

Posted

Still bone dry with a biting wind. It's not strong enough for a full blown blizzard at my elevation (350 feet) but I'd expect some of the higher areas like the Llandegla and Denbigh moors to see gigantic drifts in the next 24 hours. Leading edge of the snow is being reported to be around Wrexham so it may be here within the hour !

Pete

Charming night out there, wind and rain really getting going now, howling and lashing the rain against window. Could have another 24 hours or more of this, 3-4 inches rain possible around these parts. Significant snow possible in the NE especially over higher ground and down to lower levels in places too.

Crazy amounts of snow showing on the NMM for the high ground of N Wales, more than the Alps have. Slightly over the top I think but could get nasty up there.

nmm-26-60-0.png

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Just driven down from Dowlais back into Merthyr. Heavy (almost blizzard) conditions at Dowlais top. Turned to sleet as I got into Penydarren. Current temp 2.3C

Posted

High uppers seem to hog the N and W coast until Saturday.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs302.gif (6pm friday)

Also dewpoints around 0C

So borderline for snow at sea level here I think, but time will tell!

Although the precipitation will be lighter on Saturday, both uppers and dewpoints fall, so more risk of snow here on Saturday :)

Posted

I expect the southern and eastern facing slopes of the Berwyn Mountains...especially places like Moel Sych and Cadair Berwyn (830m) to be pummeled.

There was already fairly deep snow up there today away from the sun.....with deep drifts hanging on from when it snowed in late January

I only have land 700 - 1000 ft asl 12miles to the north....but with a view of the Bryniau Clwyd /Llyn Brenig area and the Berwyn Range

By the way.......it was called 'Bwlch yr oernant' for a reason! ;)

Posted

First flakes of snow spotted, wind has picked up in the last few minutes, leaves blowing around all over the place. This is getting interesting.

Pete

Posted

Charming night out there, wind and rain really getting going now, howling and lashing the rain against window. Could have another 24 hours or more of this, 3-4 inches rain possible around these parts. Significant snow possible in the NE especially over higher ground and down to lower levels in places too.

Crazy amounts of snow showing on the NMM for the high ground of N Wales, more than the Alps have. Slightly over the top I think but could get nasty up there.

nmm-26-60-0.png

Some of those colours in North East Wales (Southern Berwyns) seem off the scale e.g. 40+ ?? Or am i seeing things