Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013 15.00 hrs onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Slowing down but still blowing around at times, and certainly left a very decent covering, also -2.1C so it's very cold for march.cold.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

grr i missed the forecast on bbc can any one tell me whats the update for herne bay please? wind enarf going some out there, im sitting with candles all arround as the lights have been flickering the last 30 mins :/

It's an evil wind doth blow! :) Nice adjective used earlier today.

Posted

Snow here not a problem but wind is, just this minute had to slowly drive around an Audi TT that has been smashed to pieces by a fallen tree at Corton. Thankfully driver looks fine but in shock. One lucky fella.

Posted

I'm at a bit of loss how so little snowfall can cause disruption to be honest. I battled through only 5-6 inches in January on a Monday to get my son to Nursery out in the North Bed sticks (down minor roads) when all the schools were closed. Sure it was slow, and I had to drive very very carefully. Please explain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Has anyone got a link to a web cam in Jersey have been looking for half hour but ones I

found are not working.

http://www.camscape.com/view/32290

At the airport but seems to have cleared up in last few hours. Other island webcams show rain. Here is a link to a few webcams with historic images:

http://www.camscape.com/Europe/United%20Kingdom/Channel%20Islands/Guernsey-Airport-and-Weather-32290.php

Edited by geordiekev

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Still in the zone here

Here are a couple more short ones. The first is the main road clogging up - I haven't seen a gritter all day and it is even worse now without any tread marks.

The second is a bit of fun facing up into the snow at night.

Still snowing thickly here - my footprints had gone by the time I have finished uploading these.

Lots of snow there! Stay safe peeps.. Just a quick one though you won't see gritters as the salt and grit won't have any effect with the amount of snow falling..... It would be pointless . When it starts to ease off they will grit to get it melt. People needs to heed to the warnings and not drive..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm not looking forward to walking into the town centre for my monday night bowling league. maybe half a dozen layers will do :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Can anyone paste a link of the low beginning to pivot or point me in the direction of where to find it please?

http://www.rain-alarm.com

As good as any. It is bizarre to see the low going East and showers in off the East coast coming West.

Posted

grr i missed the forecast on bbc can any one tell me whats the update for herne bay please? wind enarf going some out there, im sitting with candles all arround as the lights have been flickering the last 30 mins :/

Pelting it down here now for last ten minutes....... 0.5cm covering most things......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Well....Higham to the A289,then turning back as the bypass is gridlocked then 1/2 way back to Higham has taken over a hour to travel less than a mile!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Coming down fairly steadily here at the moment. Friend just popped in (training for a marathon and been for a long run....mad, yes!), he said there are drifts up at the airport. Interesting night for some....happy days good.gif

Posted

This time of year you really need the PPN to arrive after dark. If it had arrived 6 hours later, we would have got a lot.

Lovely covering on all surfaces of about 2cm here in Southend. Looks like you lucked out AFT.

Posted

Just come back from a walk. Widespread 1 to foot snow drifts. Where the snow has blown off the playing field through a hedge into a lane .. Up to 2.5 foot drifts (easily) . And all sorts of drifty shapes. Last time I saw that was 1987. Try and get some pics tomorrow.

RB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Choas on the roads around Marine Parade, Seafront etc here, took 1h 40mins to go 6 miles, lol. Roads just a sheet of ice, nice one gritting team. Around 2 cm here Id say

Edited by Essexgooner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

North sea peping up again front moving north.

Few more hours of this and some could see 15cm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well....Higham to the A289,then turning back as the bypass is gridlocked then 1/2 way back to Higham has taken over a hour to travel less than a mile!

Blimey! OH text me to say he was at the junction for Shorne. Going to be a fair while yet by the sounds of it.

He left Canary Wharf at 5.45!

Posted

and here, couldnt tell how heavy the snow actually is with the wind blowing it about, its even settling on the window glass

Nothing here at all, it's very frustrating as there must only be about 10 miles in it. Please front just edge ever so slightly north.

Guest bjaykent

-2c with biting wind, everything now very icy under foot, still snowing lightly but nothing like earlier, road gritted about 30mins ago - Gritter lorry had snow plough attached, may be a good sign for later!

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

i'm gonna say it......................................BLIZZARD! never seen it this bad before! love it good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

coming down heavy here! looks like everything is moving west now.

Edited by El Pistolero