Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK Tanning Season Begins Now!

Posted

The met office actually gave out a warning on thier website last week!

I'm STILL peeling more than a week after I got burnt! That was the worst I have EVER been burnt thouvh :/

post-17115-0-03810600-1367391643_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Anyone who goes out in hot sunshine WITHOUT PROTECTION is asking for trouble. I had a malignant melanoma above my eyebrow removed in 2008. I was b****y lucky and it hadn't gone very deep. But the surgery and the worry was awful. And I'm not even a sun worshiper but I didn't use sunscreen and I have been burnt in the past.

Please, peeps.....USE SUNSCREEN and don't get burnt. It's not worth it believe me. When I read of people becoming red raw and peeling it makes me so angry. It might not show up (melanoma/skin cancer) for years after being burnt but it may take you horribly by surprise. It did me.

USE SUNSCREEN and layers of thin clothing, sun specs and a hat. And make sure your kids are protected as well. Don't go in the sun between 12 and 3 pm or keep in the shade.

I'll shut up now. But be SUN AWARE.....please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This stems mostly from an ideal than tanned skin is more attractive than white skin.. it's an idea that is fundamentally incorrect... it's an each to their own situation, but fair skinned people generally don't suit tans, because their skin isn't designed to tan and fair skin tones are red, that means people go red in the sun.. 

I feel women/girls and some men?, often go down the road of tanning for beauty, which i don't really understand because there are some very beautiful, very white/untanned girls out there? Anyway tanning doesn't make you look more healthy, unless you have that yellowish skin tone that naturally allows for some lee-way in the sun. 

Understandably some people work outdoors and cannot avoid UV exposure, but to it for beauty reasons is something I've never understood.. you need sun exposure but not excess.

I can tan myself, I rarely burn, but I do not feel the need to go out and prove it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Yes I hope it doesn't go down the road either, a warm summer would be a good remedy for the let downs of recent... of course it's quite easy to be pedantic about the situation by saying this month wasn't dry, than month wasn't wet, but patterns work on broad time scales, and in a broad sense summers have in recently time been fairly cool and unsettled. Let's hope that ends this year! 

Do i have any faith in the models? not at all, so my coherent mind says to me, that this summer could end up any way at the moment... coherently I'm thinking 'mixed'