Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Don't see why I'm getting rain? Phone app does predict freezing rain though, strange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Finally just started to snow here!

Been snowing here for ages now but its just been snizzle, nothing heavy yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It will be and look at your altitude! Just goes to show it can happen even at this late stage of the season, but only if conditions are finally balanced. Enjoy mate! smile.png

Don't worry, I am. And yes I know, amazing! I'm practically at sea level. Snow still really coming down and accumulating all the time. This situation

is so unusual here on the coast. I recon that college will be off tomorrow, especially since I have to get all the way up to southport for it. Thank god I finished my assignment yesterday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

It really comin down here. Fantastic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It really comin down here. Fantastic

We've been very lucky; and this is only the beginning!

Edited by Chris R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Been snowing here for ages now but its just been snizzle, nothing heavy yet.

I'm not at home in saddleworth today I'm in manchester. Not expecting to much here though

Posted

think its time to watch the rest of practise 1, get a nap then watch practise 2, by then we should be in the really heavy stuff at daybreak

Posted

I'm not at home in saddleworth today I'm in manchester. Not expecting to much here though

Right, might be better off the further South although i really wouldn't want to call this in terms of which parts of Greater Manchester gets the best, Cheshire and areas further West and South West in a decent position though.

If this was heavy I'd be buried by breakfast time, even so, if it keeps this up wow for late March!

Oh yes, its going to be a stonker for late March, although we had a cracker on April 4th last year!

Right, might be better off the further South although i really wouldn't want to call this in terms of which parts of Greater Manchester gets the best, Cheshire and areas further West and South West in a decent position though.

Oh yes, its going to be a stonker for late March, although we had a cracker on April 4th last year!

Its just cranking up here but dew points are now only -2.1 compared to a low of -3.5 at 10:30pm earlier, so the intensity is getting better but really don't want it to go much higher now. If I could I bank what I have now for as long as I could throughout today.

Posted

Its just cranking up here but dew points are now only -2.1 compared to a low of -3.5 at 10:30pm earlier, so the intensity is getting better but really don't want it to go much higher now. If I could I bank what I have now for as long as I could throughout today.

i think you should be ok wrt marginality, belting down here now, i would rather take the chance with marginality to get a bigger fall, but thats easy to say when your 600ft on the edge of West Yorkshire!

absolutely gutted,again.i know exactky whats happening here,the 'hole' is there amongst the heavier precip and im right in it.

Good luck to all the guys to my south,south west north north east etc.

Nothing yet?

Posted

Right, haven't looked for 15 minutes. Lets see.

Well it's still snowing, but not very heavily and I can hear some dripping from the gutters. There seems to be a slight partial thaw going on.

i think you should be ok wrt marginality, belting down here now, i would rather take the chance with marginality to get a bigger fall, but thats easy to say when your 600ft on the edge of West Yorkshire!

The radar is shocking for oldham ashton rochdale the heavier stuff is skirting to our west and will eventually push to our east,you really couldnt make this shadow thing up,really you couldnt!

Nothing yet?

fine snizzle,little chance of that settling! its the radar im looking at and seeing all the reds skirt to our west.

Posted

The radar is shocking for oldham ashton rochdale the heavier stuff is skirting to our west and will eventually push to our east,you really couldnt make this shadow thing up,really you couldnt!

fine snizzle,little chance of that settling! its the radar im looking at and seeing all the reds skirt to our west.

Belting down here, not checked to see whether its settled yet, am going to do that now then off to bed

Will the size of the flakes increase at all or are they likely to remain small but plentiful?

From what I've been told if dew points keep rising ever so slightly you get bigger flakes but with the chance of it becoming more marginal so not sure what I want right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Got a cevering here but not much beed like a diamond dust since it started

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Got a cevering here but not much beed like a diamond dust since it started

Posted

From what I've been told if dew points keep rising ever so slightly you get bigger flakes but with the chance of it becoming more marginal so not sure what I want right now.

With it not really accumulating on roads/pavements at all I think I'd take the risk. I'm not seeing where the big predicted totals (anything above 10cm) are coming from tbh, after about 4 hours of this there is barely a cm on pavements & roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Pavements are white. The roads are slushy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

absolutely gutted,again.i know exactky whats happening here,the 'hole' is there amongst the heavier precip and im right in it.

Good luck to all the guys to my south,south west north north east etc.

Same. Seems the hi res models may have been correct. Looks like a dud to me for most of Cheshire. You may get lucky later on!

Off to bed.