Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the North West...

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75969-north-west-england-regional-discussion-19th-february/page__st__800

Posted

Err, where did all this snow come from?

Looked outside about an hour ago and it was raining heavily, got a hell of a shock when I looked out again just now to find it replaced by heavy snow.

When I got really cold suddenly earlier I thought it was down to me being ill at the moment, I guess not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

4C here, what a joke!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Snowing here and settling but could hardly be described as heavy but it's another fall to add to probably the largest number of individual events IMBY in any winter since the 80's.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Splodgy snow now. Sticking wetly on grass and car. Temp 3.0C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Im not, still raining

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Quite honestly, what did you expect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Scattered cloud and dry here.

Posted

Its very strange I mean how far away is Leyland from Blackburn? About 10 miles I'd guess, just don't get it.

More than that, though I think my altitude and being in a valley might have something to do with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its very strange I mean how far away is Leyland from Blackburn? About 10 miles I'd guess, just don't get it.

Yeah more than 10 miles more like 20

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

is the snow in your area only at elevation or is it falling to lower levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

heavy snow and big fat flakes. wasn't checking the models so a total surprise. fantastic

Posted

Good morning.

Wet and cold this morning after overnight rain and sleet.

Looks like showers beginning to head into the region via the Irish Sea and N Wales. With a temp. of 2.1C and dp 1.4C it's looking like rain showers with hail in any heavier bursts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Woke up to a cm or so on the ground but with temperatures of just above freezing, it Is starting to thaw.

Apologies if this sounds like an IMBY statement but things look interesting for the east of the region overnight tonight and during Monday as an area of precipitation comes in from the east with a lot of cold air wrapped within it.

This COULD give a covering to higher ground in eastern parts, Saddleworth, East Lancs etc with more substantial falls over the higher parts of the South Pennines and Peak District. Tuesday looks like a rinse and repeat with even more cold air within the mix and the chances of wintry ness to lower ground and further West in the region.

All in all, several more cold days to come and no real signs of warmer conditions, at least this far north.

Posted

Woke up to a cm or so on the ground but with temperatures of just above freezing, it Is starting to thaw.

Apologies if this sounds like an IMBY statement but things look interesting for the east of the region overnight tonight and during Monday as an area of precipitation comes in from the east with a lot of cold air wrapped within it.

This COULD give a covering to higher ground in eastern parts, Saddleworth, East Lancs etc with more substantial falls over the higher parts of the South Pennines and Peak District. Tuesday looks like a rinse and repeat with even more cold air within the mix and the chances of wintry ness to lower ground and further West in the region.

All in all, several more cold days to come and no real signs of warmer conditions, at least this far north.

I just entered Bacup into the Met Office location forecast and indeed lots of sleet/snow symbols through until Wednesday. Compare that with my location forecast much lower down, further west and the symbols are all of rain.

So certainly looking like higher elevations could fair quite well for snow over the coming days. But as you say, winds will be coming from the East early next week and bringing much colder air into play thus increasing the chances of some snow down to lower levels.

Certainly going to be an interesting period of weather considering we are into the second half March!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Rain here

Posted

Rain here

0.9c and a couple of cm's of horrible slushy mess here.

To be honest I'd take plain and simple rain over that any day.

Posted

A slight covering this morning.

Melted now just had another snow shower temp 2c.

Sunny lol.