Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

4.4C here, had nothing but rain this month and I don't expect to see any snow.

My apps going with snow and lots of it from 6am lol but i doubt it very much, we have clear skies here now.

Cloudy here but if you are lucky enough to have clear skies go out and see if you can see the Northern Lights, the view line is now as far south as Manchester .Twitter is going bonkers with reports of sightings!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

clear skies and as a result the temperature has dropped into freefall.. currently -1.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Cloudy here but if you are lucky enough to have clear skies go out and see if you can see the Northern Lights, the view line is now as far south as Manchester .Twitter is going bonkers with reports of sightings!

Nothing here, just dark skies... I don't think the Northern Lights have ever been viewed this far south.. certainly would make sense, as Ive never seen them myself.

Nothing here, just dark skies... I don't think the Northern Lights have ever been viewed this far south.. certainly would make sense, as Ive never seen them myself.

Don't be daft the Northern lights have been seen this far south many times, I saw them not too far away from here in Parbold twice a couple of years ago.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Been out to look .. Sky fairly clear with some strips of clouds overhead. There looks to be a wall of cloud to the east.

Amber alert on Aurorawatch.

Presume we look N'wards? How high up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I doubt i will see that here lol as leyland is totally flat! Almost at sea level lol, all i can see are trees!! At least you have Parbold hill ! :lol:

Edited by SparkleS

Posted

Don't be daft the Northern lights have been seen this far south many times, I saw them not too far away from here in Parbold twice a couple of years ago.

Never seen them here, and my eye is always on the sky!

Posted

Some fields at 120m around here retained snow cover all day. I think we have à Good chance of another snow cover tomorrow morning.

Posted

Temp down to 0.7C dp -0.9C under clearing skies.

Looks like the ppn is heading in to North Lancashire and Cumbria.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

My weather apps saying rain and snow right now lol how can that be when its clear skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dry here but radar shows showers tantalisingly close by over the Pennines

The alignment seems to be pushing them further north rather than west as was forecast last night and that is probably why we are still dry.

BBC forecast at 6am still shows snow across more eastern parts of the region but whether this is using old data is the question.

Temperatures certainly aren't a problem at the moment, currently at -1.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Its frosty here too but see some clouds to the north. I hope it will bring bit of snow here.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Snowing here roofs covered and paths but not roads

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

what a stunning start to the day,Blue sky and Sunshine,frost melting rapidly

Oh and then there is that warning for snow,Yeah right

C.S

Posted

Still snowing but only light

Wasnt expecting anything lol

Posted

Lovely morning commute to work - shame I have to stay there for the next 8 hours - Sunny skies after a frosty start. Very glad that slushy mess as stayed to the north and east, let's hope it stays there.

Posted

Lovely morning with clear blue skies and the temperature rising quickly after an overnight low of -3.2C.

The ppn which gave a covering of snow overnight in parts of Yorkshire and Cumbria is slowly heading south through the region. With the temp currently at 5C and dp 2.7C I doubt there will be any snow to low ground.

Be a shame to spoil the sunshine really :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Sunshine turning hazy here,as the remains of the weather front begin to sink south

C.S

Posted

Stayed above freezing last night, in fact the past 5 nights have been completely frost free.

Dew point at 3.8C

Temperature 6.7C slowly climbing.

Liverpool airport forecasting snow to rain, but most likely only rain. Given the temperature and the rain only DP temp. Nothing special happening, tomorrow a 60% chance of a snow shower, but we've been here before imby, so i will take it as unlikely given it's failed on a number of ocassions lately.

Some one mentioned a slight covering last monday. Reality was, if you blinked you would have missed it, within minutes the frost had gone (hardly can call it snow :p) the temperature and dp will need to take a massive dip over the next few hours if the airport is right, I have severe reservations about it being snow, rain showers yes.

Posted

Current temperatures 7.3C and still very slowly climbing. Hazy skies now, but still a beautiful sunny day