Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Got a cevering here but not much beed like a diamond dust since it started

Looks like heavy precipitation setting up now from the west & the south, if this stalls its going to be good. About 2cm of cover here on all surfaces at the moment. Its about to get interesting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Looks like heavy precipitation setting up now from the west & the south, if this stalls its going to be good. About 2cm of cover here on all surfaces at the moment. Its about to get interesting.

Just as I have got to get some sleep.. cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

i love your optomism lool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Jack onions here Sale, same old same old.

DP's now just below freezing lol

So glad I stayed up for yet another none event sad.png

Edited by Mucka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Very heavy now with bigger flakes and the dripping has stopped. Interesting

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

congratulations on the snow hope u all enjoy yourselves

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Woke and peeked out the window - couple of cms lying here. No chance of getting back to sleep now lol :)

congratulations on the snow hope u all enjoy yourselves

what snow? lol its wet as a haddocks pocket where i am at 200m asl while lowlying areas ON THE COAST are getting pummelled,i dont mind sharing but time after time after time is to much to stomach for me.

im taking up walking on broken glass i think it might be more enjoyable than being a snow fan in this area

what snow? lol its wet as a haddocks pocket where i am at 200m asl while lowlying areas ON THE COAST are getting pummelled,i dont mind sharing but time after time after time is to much to stomach for me.

im taking up walking on broken glass i think it might be more enjoyable than being a snow fan in this area

Where about's are you based?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

i know mucka same here,i fell pysically sick my friend.

The 0z NAE accumulation chart backs up our worst fears.

WE CANT EVEN HIT THE JACKPOT from this setup im close to calling a day to this 'hobby' now sad.png

I know mate, completely sickening.

I've seen absolutely nothing all winter despite repeated forecasts of snow and as if that aint bad enough I then have to hear southerners tell me how lucky I am to get more snow than them when they have had a load and I've had none.

I'm swearing at my monitor right now.

Got a few cm lying here too and still falling smile.png

nice one darren,meanwhile 'in the shadow' at 200m up, some 15miles down the road its wet,and that big gap in the precip is right over me.

i wonder if stormmad79 realised this part of greater macnhester is cursed? not seen him for a good while,i think i'll be following him out the exit sooon. :(

Where about's are you based?

next to oldham mate,its absolutely galling and its not the 1st time this has happened either

Posted

Snow only light in intensity in stockport. Although blowing a gale. Grasd and cars covered by not roads or paths.

Pretty much as I expected so no let down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

That rain shadow hole seems to be appearing! The charts were right!

I know mate, completely sickening.

I've seen absolutely nothing all winter despite repeated forecasts of snow and as if that aint bad enough I then have to hear southerners tell me how lucky I am to get more snow than them when they have had a load and I've had none.

I'm swearing at my monitor right now.

just look at raintoday 3.15am shot,you really have to say its not fair this,look at the reds to our west and east,south and north.

nice one darren,meanwhile 'in the shadow' at 200m up, some 15miles down the road its wet,and that big gap in the precip is right over me.

i wonder if stormmad79 realised this part of greater macnhester is cursed? not seen him for a good while,i think i'll be following him out the exit sooon. sad.png

next to oldham mate,its absolutely galling and its not the 1st time this has happened either

It seems to be right over you. You must have snow falling & at least some slight accumulation surely?

Posted

Those who doubted the shadow effect didnt have the local experience. Seen it more times than I can remember.

Need a nwly with cold air already embedded or a raging nely.

Posted

It seems to be right over you. You must have snow falling & at least some slight accumulation surely?

No nothing here, surfaces dry Sale. DP - 04C temp +1.5C

Total joke.

Posted

just look at raintoday 3.15am shot,you really have to say its not fair this,look at the reds to our west and east,south and north.

You're better with this radar as it updates more and is better detailed if you are not subscribed.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/maps