Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Alba Regional Discussion 20/03/13 21z ------>

A.J

Posted

Morning all,

Dusting of snow here in Crail, bringing our days with lying snow count to 6 for 2012/13. As with all the other days nothing measurable just enough to turn the ground white. +1.7c.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Snowing again here, very light and fine. Snow still lying frozen from last week, the hills are white and the sky is white and its very weird. Can't remember when I saw any colour!

Funny you should say that. I thought the same thing two days ago when I saw these snowboarders walking away from East Lomond. That's the most colour I'd seen in days.

post-10976-0-75291500-1364285168_thumb.j

Not having much luck catching the showers just yet. They're running to the north and the south of the Lomonds but annoyingly steering clear of the hills themselves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

Dusting thus morning and some snow falling.

Does the Skew-T look good further south for this evening? LS also mentioned this yesterday from charts for this evening and overnight

Yes, the Edinburgh sounding looks similar too.

Interpolating between Edinburgh and Aberdeen, I'd expect the whole east coast to experience the same conditions (plus or minus very localised effects).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

A nice wee covering this morning 2-3cm at the most, good looking radar as well, could be good today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

Satellite:

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17973-radar/

And radar:

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17972-satellite/

hightlight more efficient convection off the Sea.

Edited by FrenchScotPilot1

Posted

A very heavy snow and soft hail shower here in Alloa at the moment. Ground slowly turning white! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Light snaw here just now, when is this cold going to shift? Not anytime soon looking at the latest charts.

Posted

Snowfall seems to be aided by the lighter wind today too, showers taking longer to push through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Some relative relief out there from the bitter cold on the way to work. Wind has dropped, sun peeking out. Either way, expecting max temperatures here *might* be a degree or so higher at urban-street level than the last few days. We'll see ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Wow, Aberdeen 3 degrees and sunny!

I know, feels almost pleasant out there doesn't it, especially as the wind doesn't seem to have the same bite as it's had recently. Funny though that 3 degrees and a bit of sun feels so nice, just shows how cold March has been for us to get excited about that.

Posted

Woke up to a cover this morning at half 5. Wasn't expecting that. All gone now though

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Nice wee 2cm when I left on top of some of the old snow. He haw in Glasgow as usual!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

I guess not expecting anything to stick around in day-time from this light-snow-showery regime, even as cold as it is.

I'm just treating whatever stuff comes out the sky as something to justify the cold as much as anything else ! smile.png

Snow showers are very light/grainy, never going to settle unless the intensity picks up a good notch

Posted

I know, feels almost pleasant out there doesn't it, especially as the wind doesn't seem to have the same bite as it's had recently. Funny though that 3 degrees and a bit of sun feels so nice, just shows how cold March has been for us to get excited about that.

I havent even put a jumper on today and the office is actually warm for a change now that we dont have a raging wind blowing through the gaps in the doors and the workshop shutter!!

Posted

Recent snow sj

Snow showers are very light/grainy, never going to settle unless the intensity picks up a good notch

Aye. Bit heavier at the Gyle now with proper flakes rather than graupel but no real intensity. Don't expect any lying through the day so I'd almost prefer the sun came out, kept the place dry and then see what tonight brings. Felt much less cold this morning on my cycle. Amazing though watching snow falling from the Office at this point in the year.

Edit: Heavy here now with big flakes. Won't last long.

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

I'm happy with all this "light snow... not settling..." stuff as I'm about to try to get trains up from Essex to Embra and would rather not find myself walking most of it over the top of drifts!

Posted

Intermittent heavy snow and hail showers here in Alloa giving a temporary light cover on grass etc, gone within a few minutes after the shower, nice sunshine in between the showers though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Came over high ground this morning and the snow is piled 5ft high at roadside, girl I know who lives on a farm says they had 12ft drifts because the wind just piled it up so fast. They're lambing in this and not happy. It was light feathery snow mixed with wee polystyrene beads of hard snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

A moderate snow shower with big fluffy flakes, lying on the grass.