Scotland - Alba Regional Discussion 20/03/13 21z ------>

A.J

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Moderate snow shower here with big fat flakes lying on cars and grass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Fantastic. Just added that to the list of things I want to do ... before I die happy.png

Unusual places you can ski in the world - Hawai?

http://www.skihawaii.com/

Yamahasnowmobile.jpg

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Proper snow showers in NE Fife today rather than the flurries of the last few days, giving temporary coverings on grassy surfaces. Temp up to 4c between showers, with the odd glimpse of the sun, so an improvement on the grim grey weather of the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Another beefy snow shower with snowpellets

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

been snowing on and off here today but nothing settling

had a covering this morning but that didnt last long

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

ok folks im driving down from Aberdeen to Glasgow tonight what are the chances of me experiencing some snow?

Quite a high probability, I'd say.

Showers will give variable amounts though.

Let us know how it went.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Just had a very intense snow and soft hail shower in Alloa. You could see it coming for about 20 mins. A big increase in wind and very heavy snow. Only lasted 10 mins but gave a temporay covering in places. Very enjoyable after the snizzle of late :)>

Posted

Quite a high probability, I'd say.

Showers will give variable amounts though.

Let us know how it went.

wont be heading down the road until about 7/730pm so should could be a fun drive. Will find out how the new tyres on the car cope now they are bedded in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Heavy shower just now of polystyrene packing material.

I have a sack of that stuff in the attic... tempted to chuck it around the yard to remind myself what graupel's like. However Ms HC would probably have something fairly caustic to say about that so mebbe not!

Posted

NASA 0z ppn charts for tonight

again dingy the snaw hatching with this model its not accuruate it will aw be snaw

post-18233-0-84054000-1364306247_thumb.ppost-18233-0-05939100-1364306253_thumb.ppost-18233-0-14050800-1364306257_thumb.ppost-18233-0-64934400-1364306263_thumb.ppost-18233-0-39479600-1364306268_thumb.p

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

NASA 0z ppn charts for tonight

again dingy the snaw hatching with this model its not accuruate it will aw be snaw

post-18233-0-84054000-1364306247_thumb.ppost-18233-0-05939100-1364306253_thumb.ppost-18233-0-14050800-1364306257_thumb.ppost-18233-0-64934400-1364306263_thumb.ppost-18233-0-39479600-1364306268_thumb.p

Like the look of those charts. Showers certainly becoming more intense as the day has progressed, lets hope for a guid nite of snaw!

Posted

Like the look of those charts. Showers certainly becoming more intense as the day has progressed, lets hope for a guid nite of snaw!

yeah it would be nice to have a few inches out of tonight but we will just have to wait and see what falls

Posted

Wonder why the good ole BBC didnt really pick up on the intensity of the showers ratling through the central belt today. The site still shows only light scattered wintry showers?

Posted

Wonder why the good ole BBC didnt really pick up on the intensity of the showers ratling through the central belt today. The site still shows only light scattered wintry showers?

just the usual crap they either dont bother there back side cos its scotland or they cant predict convection very well

Posted

Nicer day with plenty of blue sky and light snow showers about, great if you are behind glass in a tractor cab but out in the fresh east wind its still very cold in spite of the sun. Ground is still continuing to dry so that's a big plus. Currently 2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Dear God, the dewpoint is under -7'C out there, very impressive for the middle of the day in late March!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

heavy snow shower on in aberdeen

Dyce was on northern edge, we only got flurries.

Posted

well this winter has been a good one this time around with the amount of snow events we have had and the fact it just doesnt seem to want to end ( good for most but still thoughts go out to NL who is paying the price of it all ).

no doubt that the good winter we have had is due in main part to the SSW we experienced in january even though we havent experienced the deep cold it has still been a really good long running winter with hopefully more snowy winters to come in the years to follow.

even though we have had a good long snowy winter i just cant get that nagging feeling out of my head that without the initiation of the SSW which people think put pay to the easterly we were all getting ready for in december we would have had a lenghty deep cold spell from that event but that we will never know and we cant really complain as it hasnt been a boring rain filled winter but i'm sure if it was we would have been cursing the SSW.

hope everyone has enjoyed this winter as much as me its been really nice even though due to my location i havent really seen any impressive snowfall or anything that has stuck around for any length of time for me it has been really good to find a place like this to enjoy the winter with other snow lovers and be part of the KILTED THREAD and to see others getting a real pasting at times maybe in future winters i will have my day here and thats the good thing the chase will come every year hopefully from now on and i know one thing for sure i will be here to enjoy that chase.

so in summary cracking winter this year and we will never know what would have come off without the SSW but maybe in future winters we will see if we can manage a long cold spell without an SSW.

congratulations to everyone who got what they wanted from this winter and for the people that havent got what they were looking for dont get too down other years may well bring that huge dump of snow to your doorstep for u to enjoy.

u never know we still have a breakdown to look forward to hopefully so we all might see one last good snowfall yet.