Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted

No, they are gonna be pushing in from the northwest soon (the colder uppers) I think it's all moved a bit further north than forecast, but that means all the more to come back down again later tonight and tomorrow :-P

thanks for that :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Starting to get a covering here now as well. Its even sticking on the roads. If this carries on as forecast we could have a decent amount by the morning :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not a lot here either, can hear a lot of dripping too. I really want a lot of snow but can't help but think its not gonna happen.

My guess is 1-2 inches by morning. And if so not bad for the end of March...

Edited by TonyH

Posted

4 inches of snow this morning, hardly any melted, now at least 2-3 inches piled up on top of that. Big drifts. Incredible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have say yet again seems to be a downgrade I am in the amber zone and yes starting to settle but really tiny flakes. Can someone explain why this winter I have only seen small flakes, apart from when I was in central London last week where I saw 10 mins of 50p size flakes.

Lets all keep positive !

Posted

Yup doesn't help uppers are on the up slightly till around 9am. Only promise I can see is slowly but surely over the last hour things seem to be intensifying

Uppers gradually fall after midnight.

This is a total non-event for us in Leicester, I'm done with this cold snap now. One of the most over-hyped ever!

What? Over a foot of snow in parts of Wales and North Midlands 'over-hyped'!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Just snizzle in stoke . Doing my head in . Though I would have being in the sweet spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

18Z better, could be heading towards a good friday snowfest, the 12Z was horrendous and too progressive with the Atlantic, as though its Nov to early Jan

Posted

I have say yet again seems to be a downgrade I am in the amber zone and yes starting to settle but really tiny flakes. Can someone explain why this winter I have only seen small flakes, apart from when I was in central London last week where I saw 10 mins of 50p size flakes.

Lets all keep positive !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

This is a total non-event for us in Leicester, I'm done with this cold snap now. One of the most over-hyped ever!

If it was 1c lower we'd have a good 3inches on the ground. But alas, it isn't. Should get below freezing in the next 3 hours so might see a small covering by the end of Saturday.

So painfully close, my thermometer keeps bouncing between 0.0c and 0.3c.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

It will kick in after midnight.

Posted

What will ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Originally it was yesterday night, there has been a hiccup every time to pull snow away from lower ground. The 12nae looked great, 6hours later it all changes , that tells you how fickle the situation is , and how fickle the nae is maybe. It looks better after midnight , but for low ground it's too wet and too late in the event I think.

Posted

Originally it was yesterday night, there has been a hiccup every time to pull snow away from lower ground. The 12nae looked great, 6hours later it all changes , that tells you how fickle the situation is , and how fickle the nae is maybe. It looks better after midnight , but for low ground it's too wet and too late in the event I think.

I'd wager you are pretty much right on this. Only chance is if the ground freezes over fairly quickly when we dip below freezing.

Painfully slow progress but the wet snow continues to pile up,if temps were that bit lower or to be more precise below zero then this would've been so much more clear cut...

Borderline snow can and usually does your nut in fool.gif still we mustn't complain eh! it is late March after all.

Posted

What will ?

It

But the atmosphere becomes more conducive for snow as the night goes on.

Posted

Looks like this is turning into a non event for good old leicester , sleet at the moment and just wet .

Yet up the road in Bagworth its settling quite nicely now. Roads are covered, not huge amounts yet but building up.

Posted

It

But the atmosphere becomes more conducive for snow as the night goes on.

It's now a weakening mass Tony, I would think fragmenting is the only thing that will happen after Midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I'd wager you are pretty much right on this. Only chance is if the ground freezes over fairly quickly when we dip below freezing.

We had thick lying snow here last sunday and snowman still here ok only 8 inches high. Snow will settle in March

Posted

It seems to have gone very light here METO showing heavy snow for now, what do they call heavy snow