Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Been raining here about an hour now. Novel seeing rain! Can already see the grass and weeds starting to grow. Anyone got a tip for lower back ache?

Volterol heat pads - self adhesive, stay hot for hours.

I see Andy's also replied.....gardening, it's a killer on the back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Trust me farington is a different world weather wise and its strange how it gives you that.location? Either use Binegar or mendip hills in search bar for a better idea. good.gif although it does seem latest runs have improved chances of some warmer weather for here now with 16c for sunday air_kiss.gif

Now 17c, so I might get there in the end. Whatever, looking better on Sunday in particular and into next week too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Grotty, rainy and 6c but I'm full of sunshine as my son has just passed his driving test.clap.gif

My ears pricked up with the mention of warmer weather but does that mean sunny too? Met have me down for 13c and cloudy during Sunday with light rain in the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Grotty, rainy and 6c but I'm full of sunshine as my son has just passed his driving test.clap.gif

My ears pricked up with the mention of warmer weather but does that mean sunny too? Met have me down for 13c and cloudy during Sunday with light rain in the evening.

Sunday looking rather cloudy for most of our region, with just eastern parts of the South in with a chance of something brighter.

This is due to a weak front straddling Wales and the west Cornish coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Sounds expensive .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sunday looking rather cloudy for most of our region, with just eastern parts of the South in with a chance of something brighter.

oops.gif Indeed it does, good job someone is following the outputs closely. Anyway the MetO are way off and the GFS has it nailed, you know. Scorchio come the weekend or not, trust me, we'll be basking in it some day soon. ph34r.png

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Thanks AWD. I will have to be patient for the long awaited Azores high smile.png

Posted

Sounds expensive .

My poor bank account looks rather sick especially as I have just paid a chunk of money to change his insurance over to a full licensed driver and 2 months insurance, although he will pay me back. it costs a fortune to start out now, we had it easy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Not for me! blum.gif LOL

post-15177-0-38761000-1365616807_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Not for me! blum.gif LOL

post-15177-0-38761000-1365616807_thumb.g

I can't get my head round those charts. Probably me just being thick but isn't the clear white 100% cloudcover rather than clear skies.

The reason I say this is because over the Irish Sea and down off the west coast of Cornwall and Devon it is clear white. Yet there is forecast to be a band of PPN exactly there.

Hence why I don't use those charts, they confuse my ickle brain! lol.

post-12721-0-73257900-1365617654_thumb.j

Edited by AWD

Posted

Yeah, solid white is 100% cloud. Basically, sunny spells get better the further east you go. If that cloud chart i posted verified, most of us would see a bit of brightness (in our region at least)

it's a tricky forecast for the weekend i think, simply because the folks who don't follow the models/charts and watch TV forecasts will be thinking that this weekend will see blue skies and warm temps, while the latter is correct, forecasting sunshine amounts will be awkward. Some poor people may be wet on Saturday and stuck unthe that weak front on Sunday, at least there will be one dry day i guess?

Posted

I think come Sunday we'll have a situation where the day will start cloudy, but as the sun rises and the air warms the frontal cloud will begin to disperse/break up leaving hazy sunny spells and Altocumulus/Cirrus patches. There may well be more cloud left in the afternoon the further West in the region you are and conversely less cloud further East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Looking forward to Sunday; going to Winchester to meet family so hopefully have more of a chance of basking in sunshine than here in Somerset!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Thunderstorms likely in parts of the SW tomorrow especially during the night; vertical and upward drafts could cause some hail to form too:

nmm-15-32-0.png?11-01

nmm-15-35-0.png?11-01

I would say areas prone to them are:

post-17320-0-18535700-1365637720_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thursday: Sunshine and Scattered Heavy Showers, some Thunder possible.

68 followers @kernowweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Damp start but milder than of late

Temp 6.0c

Posted

5.6c here to greet dawn and although cloudy, it has a somewhat different feel to things. The issue I have, is that I'm still under a windflow from a NE quadrant, when is that ever going to change?

If Gibby's analysis of the 12z outputs is spot on, I would gladly take it with open arms. The main thing being, that the Jet Stream is finally on the move Northwards from its holiday in North Africa. smile.png

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Lively shower just coming into the tip of Cornwall now... Any thunder reports guys?

Looks good on the radar. Let's hope that is the first signs of the winds backing round to the SW. Still got the Easterly flow here but I understand it should change later into the afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I was hoping the sun would have come out by now, but its still very much overcast.

Not looking good at the stage for any shower developments later.

Posted

Currently 10.3°C cloudy but bright.

The more i keep looking at the weekend's weather, the more i feel it got a bit overhyped, unless you live in the south east of course.

Posted

Currently 10.3°C cloudy but bright.

The more i keep looking at the weekend's weather, the more i feel it got a bit overhyped, unless you live in the south east of course.

Yes but night time temps being around 7 to 9c is much better for the heating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Some meaty looking showers showing on the radar. Could be fun later!

Posted

First thunder of the year here but only 1 rumble,have equalled last years total already.

Posted

Enjoying an increasingly convective sky approaching from the WSW, it's turning into a proper April showers day with warm sunny spells in between - at last!