Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

No offence to anybody...

But some people..

Moan when it's to hot.. Then look for a break down... 

Moan when it's to cold.. Then look for a warm up..

Moan if its to warm in winter and go on a cold hunt...

Moan if it is too cloudy...

Posted Image

Lets face it... There are some right asses in the world lol!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Ahem..still a duff heatwave Mushy?

not now no! but it wasnt looking like it was going to deliver at the time of posting.

after six summers of it never delivering despite some hopeful forecasts (bbc bbq summer.... even gp 'shades of 76' got it wrong (but no one chides him <_< , an idiot like me is expected to get it wrong, but not the great gp! (no disrespect to gp, just the sychophants) ) ) yes ive been very much in the camp of 'ill believe it when i see it'... well i see it now! :lol:

The 12Z has actually reduced the risk of thundery downpours from the 06Z run until much later in the run where a low from biscay heads up Northwards.towards the UK. 

Not sure what to make of the UKMO, first impressions seem to be its has more or less removed any shallow troughing and pressure looks slightly higher but all very slack looking. 

UKMO is sensational.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

UKMO is sensational.

Just what i like to see. Hopefully the others follow suit. I see the Azores high ridging back in once again so no breakdown there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

No offence to anybody...

But some people..

Moan when it's to hot.. Then look for a break down... 

Moan when it's to cold.. Then look for a warm up..

Moan if its to warm in winter and go on a cold hunt...

Moan if it is too cloudy...

Posted Image

Lets face it... There are some right asses in the world lol!

I am looking for a breakdown, but never comes out of FI, fear we've got this well into August, which is normally a cooler Atlantic month

Posted

which is normally a cooler Atlantic month

Eh? Maybe in the last 10 years or so but historically there is little to choose between July and August as the warmest month. Most of the UK's records for the highest temperatures have been set in August as well.

Posted

I have never known netweather to be this busy out of winter? thought normally in summer there would be virtually no posts, and regionals removed, but seems miles busier than normal,

this weather is as boring as 'eck, different if there were widespread storms due

Posted

because the synoptics we are seeing haven't been common for the past fews years, so even though the temps are nothing notable people like to talk about the charts and the length of this spell

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I have never known netweather to be this busy out of winter? thought normally in summer there would be virtually no posts, and regionals removed, but seems miles busier than normal,

this weather is as boring as 'eck, different if there were widespread storms due

This weather is the trigger for the big beefy storms though, not typical atlantic watered down crud. If you're in search for a proper storm, these synoptics normally happen before it. Next week looks extremely promising.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

One word for the ECM;

BANG.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

One word for the ECM;BANG.

Here's hoping, If I have to endure uncomfortable heat then at least make it worth while and thunderstorms would do just that. Edited by Smartie

Posted

Didn't the '06 spell break down with a whimper? had a feeling it did, where as the '03 spell broke down well, 38°C then storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

All ive seen in model thread is breakdown is on 27th no 23rd no wait 25th madness lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

If it gets as hot and as thundery as some are saying and I hate both I'll up sticks and go to shetland where it is a little cooler

Posted

If it gets as hot and as thundery as some are saying and I hate both I'll up sticks and go to shetland where it is a little cooler

Bye Bye for at least a week Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

im going to moan...

its not hot enough!

:lol:

Posted

im going to moan...

its not hot enough!

Posted Image

Mushy, have you tried parking your car in the sun and then sitting in it with the heater on full blast, that should do the trick

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Today's serious weather complaints:

The sky could do with being 0.1% less overcast. The high pressure is 0.2% weaker than I want it to be. The humidity is 0.05% too high - if it was 0.05% lower, it could make a huge difference...

Plus, the temperature could do with being 0.0001*C warmer (so I kind of agree with mushymanrob that it's not hot enough :lol:)

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I knew from the very start that if we started to get any form of a north east/east wind that the clouds would start to come in. The location of the high pressure is the difference between hot and dry, slight breeze to cloudy skies increasing in the east.

But yet so many members get excited over high pressure = HOT/SUN AND DRY, they really need to look at what the wind flow will be. Such a shame as I was looking forward to sunning it today Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Sorry but I strongly disagree.

The temps for the E/SE have been predicted to be much lower on Saturday for several days now and I commented about this due to the E,ly flow off the N Sea having a knock on effect on the temps.

By the way I would hardly call temps still 4C above average as cool. A cool max temp in July would be around 17C.

" I commented about this "

Hold on a min, if I remember correctly I was complaining about this for some time now when a number of members completely failed to mention the lower temps,north sea crud. I also live much closer to the North Sea than you so experience it first hand every time Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

" I commented about this "

Hold on a min, if I remember correctly I was complaining about this for some time now when a number of members completely failed to mention the lower temps,north sea crud. I also live much closer to the North Sea than you so experience it first hand every time Posted Image

Fear not Victor, i bet it doesnt happen that many times a year down your way which means that at all other other times....you gueseed it i have it lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fear not Victor, i bet it doesnt happen that many times a year down your way which means that at all other other times....you gueseed it i have it lol

not this year, first half of June and about half the days of this settled spell. You can't stop the north sea cloud making machine Posted Image

• Like 1