Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Oh good, nothing to worry about. Can I quote you on that Four?

Posted

Oh good, nothing to worry about. Can I quote you on that Four?

8. Frontiers of Faith and Science said...

Roger, the AGW movement is far past the point of needing actual evidence to make claims about claimed impacts of CO2. Any AGW revelation, if it supports the general idea of climate disaster, is credible to the believers. Likewise all rebuttals contrary to the climate disaster dogma, no matter how well evidenced, are to be discarded by the good believer.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Good then. I'm sure folk will remember your scathing  assurance that we have nothing to worry about from our impacts on our planet in the years to come Four and that we have it here recorded in black and white?

If I am proven wrong in my concerns then what of it? What have we lost? If your  constant assurances that nothing is amiss and that all is well proves unfounded, and your calming tomes has resulted in a lack of action when it was really necessary, then what?

I no longer have the will to debate this point Four. You are victorious in your aims. I just hope to God your victory is true and good.

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Does that graph show an increase in storms then?

It's not me trying to twist reality to suit personal dogma.

If I am proven wrong in my concerns then what of it?

You try to scare people with visions of catastrophic changes when the evidence does not support it.
This does not make you seem like a visionary prophet, it makes you seem like a zealot. Posted Image 

• Like 3

Posted

The whole argument is not on possible outcomes but in trying to scare/convince people into believing that we are heading into the abyss, this without any credible evidence or data. A far more pragmatic approach would be to admit just how uncertain we really are and that we may end up with a negligible amount of CO2 induced warming as we simply have no way of knowing just how much impact this will have. That wouldn't mean it would have no impact but merely highlights were we are right now in terms of global surface temps.

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Beg to differ, Stewfox. BBC Question Time last night devoted 10 minutes to this question.

Awkward it was too, as both sides used the IPCC's report to justify themselves - Nigel Lawson citing the lack of evidence supporting consequentially larger and stronger storms, and Ed Davey citing evidence supporting consequentially larger and stronger storms.

Lawson essentially lost the argument, and looked most foolish, when he raised the question of "the pause", and was rebuffed on the grounds that this is selective timing. We need to look at the bigger picture.

Because everyone knows that global warming actually started in 1960.

In need I stand corrected and my early optimism was unfortunately unfounded. All the standard alarmist including the BBC have come out blaming the event on climate change, sad really

Lawson  was in fact the only one on question time who had a clue what he was talking about (although he is getting on in  years and isn't as 'clear' as he use to be')

I would loved to have ask the 'panel' what is the current sea level rise, the state of the ice at the poles etc etc

The response would have been 'about 100ft sea level rise' (not the real few mm), they would have said we know the poles have lost half their ice etc etc 

These foolish ones who spout doom and gloom but don't have a clue what even IJIS stands for and wouldn't be within 5 million square miles of what the current ice figure is at either poles.

Finally with regards to 'selective timing', its not for the sceptics to prove a 'pause' but for the Green tax lobby (ie IPCC) to prove there has not been one and if they have to dive to 2700m to find it, so be it Posted Image

Edited by stewfox

Posted

That prediction timelapse video that was circulating a decade ago had almost everywhere glowing red by now.

Lol, don't worry four I'm pretty sure our friends from the IPCC will be working on that one and making further adjustments in order to make it look like we have warmed to those predicted rises, and if not the reasons will be as enlightening and entertaining as ever.
  • Like 1

Posted

Lol, don't worry four I'm pretty sure our friends from the IPCC will be working on that one and making further adjustments in order to make it look like we have warmed to those predicted rises, and if not the reasons will be as enlightening and entertaining as ever.

How do they explain a slower melt out in the Antarctica ?

Looking at fresh water, wind etc doesn't seem to fit . If winds blowing ice out then one would expect to see rapid melt off ??

Maybe colder temps slows the melt  ?? New theory ?

Posted

How do they explain a slower melt out in the Antarctica ? Looking at fresh water, wind etc doesn't seem to fit . If winds blowing ice out then one would expect to see rapid melt off ?? Maybe colder temps slows the melt  ?? New theory ?

Indeed, or maybe they just can't see the big white elephant in the room as in the colder SST's around Antarctica.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm if possible but a little snow is nice.

With all those expenses paid boozethon conferences they jet around too I expect all they see are pink elephants.

• Like 1

Posted

The year '2013' apparently ends in September , so your post for October 2013 showing the globe in the freezer, will I fear have to go into the 2014 IPCC calendar Posted Image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24925580

Call me 'old fashion' but I would like to judge a year when its ended ??

• Like 1

Posted

With all those expenses paid boozethon conferences they jet around too I expect all they see are pink elephants.

I can see very little explanation as why year on year we see slower melt out and higher and higher minimums.

Its important given Antarctica has well over 70% of the worlds ice

I always thought the southern oceans were ‘warming’ but not according to this ??

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v6/n5/fig_tab/ngeo1767_F2.html

I can see the IPCC have tried to explain the increase in Antarctica  sea ice but not the slow down in melt or increasing mins ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

If I am proven wrong in my concerns then what of it? What have we lost? If your constant assurances that nothing is amiss and that all is well proves unfounded, and your calming tomes has resulted in a lack of action when it was really necessary, then what?

This is an area called risk management, which requires an evaluation of the probability and the potential consequences of a risk, followed by a decision on what, if any, measures to take to reduce either.AGW is tricky because it is unprecedented and predictions are many and varied and have historically shown poor verification. Even if you accept IPCC's analysis as gospel, there's huge error in its estimation of CO2 sensitivity. As for the effect of the resulting temperature change, we are getting even closer to speculation. So the consequences of inaction are essentially unknown. This makes an effective risk assessment impossible.If you can't gauge the risk, then you are no better than guessing to gamble on the future. Grey-Wolf could build a bunker in his garden to protect against an unprecedented nuclear war, based on the above rationale. Maybe one day it'll save his life. Edited by Jimmy0127
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

100% agree with you, Mike...You'd have thought that 'Green Summits' would be the first to exploit video-conferencing technology? IMO, 100 individuals in 100 private jets, all converging on some exotic location in mid-Pacific, is hardly a good example!

• Like 1

Posted

100% agree with you, Mike...You'd have thought that 'Green Summits' would be the first to exploit video-conferencing technology? IMO, 100 individuals in 100 private jets, all converging on some exotic location in mid-Pacific, is hardly a good example!

""""With more than 250 scientists and country representatives today finalising their landmark review on the latest thinking on climate change in Stockholm, you can be sure they have taken steps to cancel out their own impact on the environment. 972 tonnes of CO2 equivalent"""

http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/2297141/un-hails-zero-carbon-ippc-summit

Now nobody wants wind farms in their back yard so they have built them in inner Mongolia (this is no joke), no idea at what that cost in terms of CO2 ?? I don't know if inner Mongolia has ready made industry for producing wind farms ??

http://cdm.unfccc.int/Projects/DB/BVQI1208922577.77/

Edited by stewfox

Posted

I think any conference which means hundreds of inviduals attending in some far flung place is outdated in the modern world, the fact that this is from a group of people lecturing us on fossil fuels and the need for reducing our reliance on them makes for comical reading, regardless of ones stance on the science. Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted

So the missing heat was first in the oceans then it absconded to the ice and now rumour has it it's waiting at Cape Canaveral  in order to be launched into space.

• Like 2

Posted

GW, captain misleader himself is accusing us all of playing dumb on this thread, would that be the same dumb that cannot work out where the missing heat content is now, is it behind you GW, are you sure?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

So the missing heat was first in the oceans then it absconded to the ice and now rumour has it it's waiting at Cape Canaveral  in order to be launched into space.

So they have found the missing heat Posted Image

Because apparently the HadCRUT4 dataset, only covers about five-sixths of the globe this suggested that global warming has slowed substantially since 1997

So its all in the artic

But  Posted Image IPCC say “â€â€Instrumental observations over the past 157 years show that temperatures at the surface have risen globallyâ€â€â€

http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/faq-3-1.html

So when they cant find the heat Posted Image they find new areas' which were never part of 'Global' before ?

What was Global in 1860s ? Europe and Eastern USA ? Posted Image

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 2

Posted

So they have found the missing heat Posted Image

Because apparently the HadCRUT4 dataset, only covers about five-sixths of the globe this suggested that global warming has slowed substantially since 1997

So its all in the artic

But  Posted Image IPCC say “â€â€Instrumental observations over the past 157 years show that temperatures at the surface have risen globallyâ€â€â€

http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/faq-3-1.html

So when they cant find the heat Posted Image they find new areas' which were never part of 'Global' before ?

What was Global in 1860s ? Europe and Eastern USA ? Posted Image

It's a case of find wally, he's here somewhere, can you see him, no  not over there.

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 2

Posted

It's a case of find wally, here's somewhere, can you see him, no  not over there.

Interesting to see IPCC recent Christmas photo shoot of staff members, the heading 'Individual thinking global actions' was interesting ?

They were asked to 'point' towards the missing heat ?

post-7914-0-93928300-1384962788_thumb.jp

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 1