Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

I really hope you get snow on Coleraine's mountain soon Frostyjoe if only to temper your enthusiasm a tiny bit.

Naw! Snow at my house. Sure we are down for 2c max on Tuesday with -9c uppers! Why not?

Posted

I am but from our favoured direction NW/N. We missed out so many times last year while the south east of NI waded knee deep in snow after enjoying streamer after stream after streamer! I hope the pest from the East stays away this year and we get reload after reload after reload from the NW/N!!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

06z keeps the cold theme going  and some of the charts showing a completely blocked Atlantic!! A fairly weak block at the minute but i would say that the strength of the block will increase as we head closer to the time or at least that's what i'm hoping for!Things seem to be developing nicely for us and it certainly reminds me of 2010! 

Posted

Popping out for a snow shovel this weekend for sure

Winter is a coming.....

Lidl also have snow boots at £17, get them in quickPosted Image Posted Image

Would the snow showers be frequent and heavy on monday night?

I would say you are well in the firing line for any that come in Frosty

Posted

Just hae to wait and see. I am always in the best location for northernlies, it just depends. Sometimes the showers aren't frequent and other times they merge to form a band. I know in 2010 the showers one day merged and it snowed all day, sometimes lough foyle actually acts lake affect.

One things for sure we'll hay no problem with -9c uppers. Fingers crossed the showers are frequent and we get a good covering down to low levels.

The gfs shows a 2c max but if the showers go all day it can be like -1c. Naw expecting that though.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

what are the chance for me in such a low lying area right beside the sea