Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

hmm, looks suspiciously like anaprop returns bud, they're sporadic in intensity which adds to my suspicions....can't get sat24 imagery to load though so can't confirm one way or the other

I don't know if it is or not. A couple of strikes around the Dorset coast now being shown on the ATD.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Maxed out at 31.4c in Weston, currently 29.4c

Dewpoint is 18.5c, Humidity is 52%

Posted

From Ian;

"WILTSHIRE Increasing chance now of showers or storms developing in some districts through rest of this evening."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

I am right in the centre of this cloud,and there is not much rain falling from it!

Posted

I am right in the centre of this cloud,and there is not much rain falling from it!

Any lightning? Wanna know if I should go to Holt Heath to try and photograph it.

Posted

From Ian;"WILTSHIRE Increasing chance now of showers or storms developing in some districts through rest of this evening."

Cue a little dance........

clouds at the minute 

post-9379-0-38034200-1374512367_thumb.jp

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

From Ian;"WILTSHIRE Increasing chance now of showers or storms developing in some districts through rest of this evening."

Hopefully not long before this little lot turns electrical for some in this region.

post-7183-0-43555300-1374512182_thumb.jp

Posted

12z WRF-NMM model shows a gert clump of storms heading into the SE quarter of England but still with something smaller affecting the West Country Tuesday morning;

post-12721-0-85566000-1374512278_thumb.jpost-12721-0-94287500-1374512284_thumb.j

That's actually not to disimiliar from the 12z NAE either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

'Butler Son' I Haven't seen any lightning or heard thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

blimey, thunder and lightning from nowhere!!!....torrential rain, my goodness, those cells went up quickly!

Posted

blimey, thunder and lightning from nowhere!!!....torrential rain, my goodness, those cells went up quickly!

watching clouds go up here potterne 

post-9379-0-24845500-1374512892_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

AWD, Ian F or someone in the know.

Can you inform me as to where Tuesday's developments are going to come from. Posted Image Am I right in thinking it will be in connection with the frontal mass out to the West and Southwest. I don't foresee much hope of an imported MCS given the proximity of all that cloud, currently.

post-7183-0-80781600-1374512966_thumb.jp

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Humidity has shot up to 75%, not sure what relevance this has. Is higher humidity relative to lower temperature? It was 30c earlier with humidity at 50% and it was "comfortable". Now it's 24 and I'm sweating buckets!

Edited by TimMB

Posted

Hearing distant classic deep-based rumbles in Newbury now, very distantly of course. Posted Image

Posted

AWD, Ian F or someone in the know. Can you inform me as to where Tuesday's developments are going to come from. Am I right in thinking it will be in connection with the frontal mass out to the West and Southwest. I don't foresee much hope of an imported MCS given the proximity of all that cloud, currently.

Posted Image 1830CEST 220713 satellite image.jpg

It's shown to develop ahead of the front to the south west of the UK, starting off over north Spain and developing further as it heads through Biscay and north into Southern England.

post-12721-0-65167200-1374513206_thumb.j

No idea if it's going to be a MCS situ or not, like you say, probably unlikely here but possible further east.

Posted

A real lesson for anyone who dispairs at no development by 4pm! Rapid development in half an hour and a lot of lightning near Salisbury and up towards Swindon. Cbs high based to the East of here.

Posted

It's shown to develop ahead of the front to the south west of the UK, starting off over north Spain and developing further as it heads through Biscay and north into Southern England.

Posted Imageimage.jpg

No idea if it's going to be a MCS situ or not, like you say, probably unlikely here but possible further east.

Thanks AWD, I just have a silly fear of things not going quite as planned. Especially given the potential shown by Shaferknakkers on the Beeb, sounded mental.

Posted

Thanks AWD, I just have a silly fear of things not going quite as planned. Especially given the potential shown by Shaferknakkers on the Beeb, sounded mental.

It's happening now, lets hope for further developments to the west too.

Posted

What did Thomasz say? I missed that forecast.

Posted

Salisbury & Swindon in the fortunate rain firing line at the moment from the line that cruised past us to the west sharing 2 drops of rain and no storm activity.

Edited by Dorsetbred