Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Please use this thread for your regional meteorological mumblings and general weather chat for the area.

The old thread is here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76700-south-westcentral-southern-regional-discussion-discussion-21st-may-2013-onwards

Watch out, I shall be in your patch for the next few days for an unofficial visit and sampling many local delicates and maybe introducing myself to a fair maiden of the parish..... :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Cant remember such a spell of weather like this in the summer for a long long time!!! We're going to be rivalling 2003 and 2006 if this continues, maybe not for the record breaking temps seen in 2003 but the longevity is noteworthy?

Its remarkable that day 9 on this mornings ECM is still hot with high pressure dominating.

Posted Image

Edited by chris55

Posted

Cant remember such a spell of weather like this in the summer for a long long time!!! We're going to be rivalling 2003 and 2006 if this continues, maybe not for the record breaking temps seen in 2003 but the longevity is noteworthy?

Its remarkable that day 9 on this mornings ECM is still hot with high pressure dominating.

Posted Image

Definitely and today is already the 12th day of heat/sunshine!!

Posted

Still v warm with a breeze in the back garden.....time to breakout the Thatchers....will help me sleep later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Wow hot work landscaping today - bit more humid this pm, hazy views from high up in Stroud. Latest idea on Model Output thread: mid 30's C from coming Sunday through to Thursday next week! Heat wave up a notch then...

This morning the BBC were predicting a range of 16/30C for next Wednesday in Swindon, but that has changed to 17/34C. Maybe this heatwave is about to step up a bit!

The GFS seems to think so. 30C widespread next week in the SouthWest, and up to 32C in places. I know it's a far way out, but this is eye candy if there ever has been if you like the heat.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'm working in Westbury today and there is an incredible infestation of flies here.

Lovely and sunny and very hot but the amount of flies I have harassing me is taking the edge of what could of been an enjoyable day.

And yes, I did shower this morning! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny A few clouds about.....Humidity 44%  Light N. East breeze 5.0 km/h.  Temperature reading  29.2c.

Posted

I'm working in Westbury today and there is an incredible infestation of flies here.Lovely and sunny and very hot but the amount of flies I have harassing me is taking the edge of what could of been an enjoyable day.And yes, I did shower this morning! :)

i live in westbury and its infestation is not the word..just sent out for bug zappers and bug spray :[

is it right that we could be looking at higher daytime temps nextweek..do i order my paddleing pool now resdy for sleep nextweek :O

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

i live in westbury and its infestation is not the word..just sent out for bug zappers and bug spray :[is it right that we could be looking at higher daytime temps nextweek..do i order my paddleing pool now resdy for sleep nextweek :O

Could get a degree or two higher, yes, but whether next week will be as dry or not is much more unclear.Quite possible it could be humid and thundery as things stand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Back up to 30.9c...

Posted

Could get a degree or two higher, yes, but whether next week will be as dry or not is much more unclear.Quite possible it could be humid and thundery as things stand.

i think we are due for some riproaring storm action..all of this dry warm sunny weather is boring lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just made it to the hottest day this year here by 0.1C. 31.0C an hour ago and now slowly falling again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep, hottest day here as well 31.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Station record at southamptonweather.co.uk as well: 32.0C at 14:05.

Some nice convective-type clouds building up - would be really nice to have a cracking thundery downpour as I am not keen on watering the plants just to keep them alive (bought lots of new ones this Spring).

Just hope we don't revert to Atlantic lows before Wickham Festival because I've got no chance of any leave from work until then - fingers crossed!!!

Kate x

Posted

Reports of thunder and heavy rain along the A33 south of Reading - I'm just to the west and nothing to report.

However, the relief from the sun hiding behind clouds is wonderful Posted Image

Posted

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Being a sun worshipping beach babe, (my words, no one elses)...I am lovin' this weather and long may it continue! :D

It's bleedin' hard work teaching 30 9 year olds in this though I have to say, on the bright side I'm on my hols next week. Posted Image

Posted

Lush weather recently, I see many places reaching this years highest!! Took a trip to the beach with some mates, and even took a dip in the sea, and I wasn't cold when I came out!! :O long may this continue... Although I'm going on holiday soon, so you can have rain then ;)

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 0855 on Thu 18 Jul 2013

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 0900 on Thursday and 2100 on Friday in parts of England.

Southwest England and the West Midlands have been elevated from level 2 to level 3. Southeast England and London remain at level 3. The East Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber and East of England remain at level 2. North East England and North West England remain at level 1.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77187-hot-and-settled-spell-discussion-and-temperature-reports-july-2013/?p=2736601

So far. So good. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77241-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-11th-july-2013-onwards/?p=2736608

Model's firming up on continued heat, YES. Model's boosting chances of increased heat and increasing chance of violent storms, pretty much YES. 30c breached on every day this working week, I certainly think that's a resounding YES bar a failure tomorrow.

Anyway, enough blowing of one's own trumpet as I’ve been suffering of late in this heat but it's a case of putting up with what we got, I guess. I am finding it hard to focus on the tasks at hand and next week will make that especially difficult given the added impetus of potentially violent storms thrown into the sultry mix. Posted Image 

I have a feeling this Afternoon’s suite of model outputs are going to be MENTAL. Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

I have a feeling this Afternoon’s suite of model outputs are going to be MENTAL. Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Looking over the posts you made that you linked in your post, It seems you've been right so far. Let's hope you're also right about this afternoon's models being mental too! :D

Posted

I'm getting really confused about the temperature readings at Solent. Now I live about 6 miles from this site as the crow flies, and in an urban area. Earlier this week, I was recording 29C/30C whilst Solent was at 23C/24C/25C. Fine, I thought, there was probably a sea breeze on those days and I'm probably over-reading slightly due to my amateurish measuring. But today, while I'm hitting 28C/29C, Solent has raced on ahead to 30.2C. Don't get it - I'm taking readings in a sheltered garden in the middle of a metropolis, would have thought I'd be a degree or two up on Solent if anything. Do they burn stuff near the site? ;)