Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Fantastic drying weather. Put my work shirts on the line an hour ago, all dry.Lovely wind out there!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Certainly fantastic weather still if you like it v warm and yes prospects of next week even hotter for a while then later in the week or possibly before we can all do some radar watching .lets hope we can get some evening storms the ones that rattle the windows and lightning you can read a book by .but going by modells and data places of real interest still to be forecast so plenty to keep us on our toes .certainly a time of interest,we had cream tea outside yesterday and not a Pesky Wasp in sight ,but its nice to see the bees on flowers although not many ,just noticed Andy Bown from Warminster post ,our parosal took off and curtains in our house knocked off ornaments happened same time nearly as Andy Bown incident ,tonight calls for a nice cold Thatchers ,cheers Posted Image

Posted

2 weeks + of gorgeous weather and the potential for thunderstorms...I literally couldn't think of anything better. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

7pm and Chivenor is still reporting 28C

Bound to drop once the sun goes down, but how warm is it going to be tonight?

May as well stay up all night Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I don't want it to end!  Now its the summer holidays yay! and so we want the good weather to continue.  Temp still at 27c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Do you think cornwall will get some storms?

Yes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not quite as hot temperature wise today but still hot enough at 30.2C and the sun felt stronger in crystal clear blue skies and much lower humidity. A warm evening now, still at 26.5C.

Posted

I'm staying in Ilfracombe from tomorrow for a week - what's the weather looking like?

Posted

Once again Met Office have not correctly forecast conditions for here on the Hampshire coast. Max forecast temperature was 28C & it is already just over 30C! NE'ly with high pressure & sunshine in summer = Hot Hampshire coast. Solent Met station is currently hottest in UK, again, was 29C at 1pm.

29.3C here today. 30C and 29C at the nearest official sites. in Wouldn't be surprised to see 27C or more on the south coast tomorrow if it stays sunny, no matter what the Met say

Posted

post-12721-0-01417700-1374271100_thumb.j

Boom, badda Boom!!

Posted

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Boom, badda Boom!!

Damn!

I wanted the settled weather to last til end August.

And at least until after next weekend, as it's the Bristol Harbour festival starting next Friday, for the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Boom, badda Boom!!

Hmm let's hope this comes off ! Thunderstorms breaking out across the southwest, yes please

Posted

Damn!I wanted the settled weather to last til end August.And at least until after next weekend, as it's the Bristol Harbour festival starting next Friday, for the weekend.

I'm going to the harbour festival so I too am hoping for a dry and relatively warm weekend. That after some midweek storms off course.I think August will be a relatively average British summer month with plenty of useable outdoor days mixed in with a few rotters.

Posted

I'm going to the harbour festival so I too am hoping for a dry and relatively warm weekend. That after some midweek storms off course.I think August will be a relatively average British summer month with plenty of useable outdoor days mixed in with a few rotters.

Hopefully August will be a thundery month, just need the balloon fiesta weekend to be dry light winds!

Posted

Hopefully August will be a thundery month, just need the balloon fiesta weekend to be dry light winds!

With so much heat/humidity in Northern Europe along with some slack pressure patterns that might not be a bad call.

Posted

I seem to remember both the Harbour Festival and the Balloon Fiesta had good weather last year - they marked the start and end of a warm, generally settled period in the otherwise washout summer.

Posted

Have escaped from Somerset back to home in Northants for the weekend. 18.2c now with full cloud cover and a breeze :-) back to north Somerset on Monday for some more heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Well its still looking good for possible storms next week .the possibility of some very warm temp and high humidity, and synoptics,.although at this range exact locations and any intensity of storms hard to forecast .scattered at first more likely then as activity blossoms to our south and s west hopefully for storm lovers we can see some of those intense night storms of years gone by  that rattle the windows ,and sends people under the stairs .just as an example on outlook charts if you take each run of GFS rain forecast its a very big difference in each run of only 6 hours .sun nights fax should give us more insight to the week ahead but in this type of synoptic situation radar watching and probably sattelite viewing will be interesting come late mon /tues and onwards .well im cutting grass today a little brown but messy ,sun just gone behind small cumulus cloud so i will get on with grass .ps saw quite a bright meteorite in early hrs of this morning at about midnight 20,lasted a good 2/3 seconds and was coming approx nw to e/se ,Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Typical I break up from school Tuesday so i guess the weather had to break down .Lol.

However back to today, more cloud around ,but sun scorching and very sticky too.

Posted

Completely clouded over here! That was unexpected. No sunbathing today then.