Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sunday 27th June 2004

PB22

Guest Phil_Uk

Meant to add this last night, at around 6pm last night, (27/6/04) there was visible lightning to my South, lasted for around about half an hour with some very dark mammatus following on behind it. :) Barely any rain to speak of as we were just outside of the storm itself.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

yes- we had lightning here in ipswich yesterday to, at around the same time. A few rubmles of thunder too but nothing too dramatic

Posted

sferics seemed to go slightly manic over the east yesterday eve'...surprise surprise...

Looks like end of week may hold some potential thundery showers for some,the east probably fairing best JUST for a change :):):wink:

I mean what happend to those summer storms usually associated with the Spanish plume that hit at some ridiculous time in the early morning (i recall several 8am whilst getting ready to school storms whooooo)(going back a bit|!)dumping silly rainfall amounts and some cracking thunder/lightning to boot.

A pretty rare sight nowadays and by June we'd certainly have a taster of this.. :?:

Guest Phil_Uk

Haven't seen an overnight storm, at least those that begin around midnight or later in this part of the world from a Spanish plume for what must be a good 10 years or so now. Think we are well overdue that kind of summer weather again. Maybe this year, maybe not, but I'm not holding my breath after last years false dawns.

Phil.

Posted

Good points raised guys, I'm in the area that is supposed to be in the prime Spanish Plume area and have had only 1 this year and that was 28th April, so when that came along between 11 and 3am I thought this year was going to be a cracker.....how wrong I was :cry: :cry:

Still July and August to go so dont despair just yet, all it needs is a few southerly flows and low pressure to form over France and we may be in business, but on the down side my optimism is only 30-70%, it just dos'nt feel right this year yet again!!!

Paul Sherman

Posted

Sure is Pete. The weather just cannot get going at the moment, this week looks like another write off for any heat building!! Low pressure to the North West and tightly packed isobars, that just means showers or longer spells of rain and very cool or average temps. Any idea what next week holds.

Paul