Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

From my vantage point looking at the Nottingham and hull storms in the distance, they seem to have lost there charge now.  Not seeing any flashes. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Posted · Hidden by snow raven, July 22, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by snow raven, July 22, 2013 - No reason given

Any pictures please guys from near Nottingham, with all these Cg's surely someone has something to upload for us storm starved south easterners..............oh wait and North Westerners

T**T
Posted

Of course, the storm missed us ever so slightly. Still, I saw lightning and thunder, but I'm sure all of the people from Chesterfield in this thread are sick of being teased like this.

Did it follow the path of the M1? Thats what usually seems to happen 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

Typical I post that its intensifying and then it literally just seemed to die away to nothing but the occasional flash of lightning.

Posted

Did it follow the path of the M1? Thats what usually seems to happen

Pretty much, yeah. We got more than we usually get though, so I'll take it, and there's still all night and tomorrow to hope for something. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

another thunderstorm developing to my south....some lightning and low growls of thunder....as with this afternoon's storm it's developed in a matter of minutes!

Posted

Fantastic Picture Mark, forgot you were now in Nottingham and not NE England - Should have known you would nail that tonight - Great Stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just had a smoke outside and a few distant flashes seen. Im happy with that if nothing else happens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Oh dear I think I am imagining things now. Long low rumbling sounds just now, but it must of been a plane. Although planes here fly past us and do not normally rumble in the distance. TV on mute now and window wide open.. Nope still convinced my mind was playing tricks lol

Very muggy feeling and oppressive here so wishing for something in the early hours here to help freshen it a bit. No hope of sleeping until something breaks and I could be in for a long night at this rate. Hope all my cousins and aunt in Notts are enjoying theirs :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Wont that stuff in the SW just follow the route of those other storms earlier?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Dam it keep seeing cells kicking off over leicestershire way,seeing lightning hearing the thunder,need it near me lol

Posted

Are you chasing it LOL

Wow, about an hour ago was under an intense storm near to Eastwood in Notts. Most of lightning high based but almost constant with a deep growling thunder, although considering it was overhead the thunder was not that loud. As it passed over it brought marble sized hail and torrential rain. Some great CG's as I drove after it from its rear. Now sat near to Kirkby, Notts and its moved off to the north.

Posted

Pretty much, yeah. We got more than we usually get though, so I'll take it, and there's still all night and tomorrow to hope for something. Posted Image

Aye good luck mate, under normal circumstances i would much rather be down here in cornwall! But right now id much rather be back home waiting for a storm! Keep us updated and good luck to everybody else for some night time action. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Its all dying a death isnt it lol???

Posted

Oh dear I think I am imagining things now. Long low rumbling sounds just now, but it must of been a plane. Although planes here fly past us and do not normally rumble in the distance. TV on mute now and window wide open.. Nope still convinced my mind was playing tricks lolVery muggy feeling and oppressive here so wishing for something in the early hours here to help freshen it a bit. No hope of sleeping until something breaks and I could be in for a long night at this rate. Hope all my cousins and aunt in Notts are enjoying theirs :)

Nope I heard the same ! Heavy shower lasted all of 30 seconds lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

First attempt of time lapse from Bridgnorth suing iMotion HD on the ipad Posted Image

No storms tho...

Edited by Kain

Posted

Aye good luck mate, under normal circumstances i would much rather be down here in cornwall! But right now id much rather be back home waiting for a storm! Keep us updated and good luck to everybody else for some night time action.

Cheers and I will, good luck everyone!

Posted

It is worth keeping an eye on developments in the channel . The south west channel has started producing some storm activity in the last hour . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Here you go Paul...

Posted ImageIMG_7495.JPG

Great shot. Looks like the main bolt hit behind a ground. Either meadow lane or Trent bridge!!

The storm was heading towards me, but our storm shield moved it north. At least I have a sleeping 3 year old though!!