Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Good morning. Nice to get all of 3 hours sleep Posted Image

*checks radar*

Holy shhhhhhhredded wheat. That is a lot of rain and storms.

good morning, was a good night here storm wise,  whats your take on more today?,  although as i type more rumbles are heard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

good morning, was a good night here storm wise,  whats your take on more today?,  although as i type more rumbles are heard

Hmmm so the hot tub worked to bring the storms your way then Sparky Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

3 flashes and bangs at around 0350 and no rain ........ Welcome to South Bucks, the home of no weather events ;-)

Posted

Well it woke me up at 6am then for about an 45mins we had a conveyor belt of lightning strikes and thunderclaps (every minute or so) - a brief spell of very heavy rain but now eased back to lighter rain and lightning as stopped....for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Round 2 here now. :)

Posted

Hmmm so the hot tub worked to bring the storms your way then Sparky Posted Image

certainly worked mate, first crack of thunder i heard was 3.35, and still the occasional flash and bang going on now

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Aah well that was a pathetic attempt at a storm now light to moderate rain. Zippo last night the cell to sw of us shredded with ease. Perhaps the next band will survive the shield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Can't buy a storm in this area....well and truly in a dry slot........one rumble of thunder at about 3:30 this morning and that was it............bone dry.For those of you getting the storms..........enjoy!

The central wilderness ....... Same here :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

3 flashes and bangs at around 0350 and no rain ........ Welcome to South Bucks, the home of no weather events ;-)

That counts as a full blown storm for us round here....!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just noticed what is on the radar to my south. A line of thunderstorms heading towards my direction.

I need to get some sleep.... what will win, my love for storms or my tiredness lol? Currently on 25 hours without sleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

It looks like the storm over Bradford area is expanding on it's eastern flank but a few more radar runs needed to confirm - anyone in the area to confirm?

Just noticed what is on the radar to my south. A line of thunderstorms heading towards my direction.

I need to get some sleep.... what will win, my love for storms or my tiredness lol? Currently on 25 hours without sleep.

Keep going - you never know when this set-up will occur again!

Posted

Been completely dry here in Aylesbury (Bucks) all night not a drop of rain. I was stuck in that horrid triangle on the radar that saw nothing all night lol Big disappointment for Southern England on the whole. On the other hand it's been a marvelous night for most others, at last people saw decent storms in the UK.

Posted

Same here in Slough, just a few loud bangs. We did though have about 15 minutes of heavy rain to boot too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

For all of us getting absolutely nothing, please, please, enjoy every moment of it!!

Posted

Manchester picadilly hit by lightening according to local radio

Severe disruption to train in and out of manchester....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Storms to the S are going to drift too far east again. How frustrating! Arrgh!

There's always next year I guess...think our best chances this year have slipped east CC. 

Posted

Manchester picadilly hit by lightening according to local radio

Yep all trains have been stopped. We literally had 3 decent lightning bolts in 30 minutes and one got the tram station and one hit the train station.

Posted

Still rumbling away to the north across Manchester, some nice convective structures within the mid-layers aswell as moisture rising from the local woodlands, more 'flash and bang' stuff on the way from the Midlands it seems so time for a cuppa and to regather myself.