Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Heavy shower in belfast but no thunder or lightning. Looks like a weak breakdown for NI to an almost record breaking spell of weather.

Posted

A cell has exploded to the SE of the Isle of Man. Really is pot luck with these storms.

Yes I keep getting sporadic close thunder rumbles and lightning from the little cell out to my NW. They are just popping up everywhere, but I think that moderate rain murk will scupper here for the next few hours. I could be wrong though and it intensify to what is further east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Gigantic storm shield set up in the East Norfolk/East Suffolk any, storms just die on entering.

Posted Image

Posted

Well was pretty pessimistic yesterday, but the last 6 hours have made up for the last 6 years.

Some amazing Cg Lightning pretty much all morning (as is usual with elevated storms)

Some in the last hour a little too close for comfort.

Did not manage any shots meself this time round but know lots of members from around the South East that have been on Storm Chases over the last few years have absolutely nailed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

A cell has exploded to the SE of the Isle of Man. Really is pot luck with these storms.

YES YES YES!!!!! THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! Most active storm I've seen in YEARS. Lightning every 10 seconds or so with huge deep booming thunder. It's just gone north of me now but I can hear it rumbling like mad. Not quiet rumbles either!! Hopefully not the last!

Posted

Well was pretty pessimistic yesterday, but the last 6 hours have made up for the last 6 years.

Some amazing Cg Lightning pretty much all morning (as is usual with elevated storms)

Some in the last hour a little too close for comfort.

Did not manage any shots meself this time round but know lots of members from around the South East that have been on Storm Chases over the last few years have absolutely nailed it.

Boom boom and boom!

post-15242-0-23715100-1374559513_thumb.j

post-15242-0-94029900-1374559530_thumb.j

post-15242-0-50743000-1374559547_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Merseyside storm shield is down, huge flash and crack of thunder overhead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

It was so foggy here though I couldn't get any pictures! Got video though :) Hopefully Merseyside gets something like I've just had :D

Posted

Wow big bolt of lightning through the curtains followed by a long rumble, but was a good few seconds after!

Posted

Can't buy a storm in this area....well and truly in a dry slot........one rumble of thunder at about 3:30 this morning and that was it............bone dry.

For those of you getting the storms..........enjoy!

Posted

met office forecast for here today is storms to continue till lunchtime, here is hoping, on a serious note i hope everyone is staying safe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

It was so foggy here though I couldn't get any pictures! Got video though Posted Image Hopefully Merseyside gets something like I've just had Posted Image

Rain has intensified here and rumbles of thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Sun is beginning to make an appearance, can hear distant rumbles from somewhere...or could be a plane or traffic! Off to work in a bit, hopefully will bump into something on the way to Leamington.

Posted

Good morning. Nice to get all of 3 hours sleep :)

*checks radar*

Holy shhhhhhhredded wheat. That is a lot of rain and storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Proper power storms last night with power lightning for a lot of people. It has been a painfully slow start to the 2013 storm season but boy has it started with a bang!

Last night has to be the best night for widespread overnight storms since at least 2006. Although to be fair I don't remember any truly widespread storms that year - so probably since 28th June 2005 - that's 8 years in the making!

I managed no sleep at all last night. Chasing until around 11pm, radar watching until 1am and then thought sod it, i'm going chasing again.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Nothing major here though is nice to hear thunder start about 30 mins ago we have had 2 massive strikes but that's it. Rain getting heavier dont know if that's a sign.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

OMFG OMFG! About 10 minutes ago, I heard a loud sferic and then had the biggest +CG strike I have ever heard. sounded like a bomb and had a load of bangs afterwards. Lasted for like a minute. I'm actually quite scared now. Was only about 100 yards away. Just heard another rumble IC. and another.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yesterday, I told myself I'd end up disappointed this morning, and I was right. Another case of so near yet so far as far as I'm concerned - still this evening, eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Met office are going for widespread storms up here most of today - good start to the day and the south looks really active at the minute - great pics guys keep em coming!