Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your perfect summers day weather

Posted

As the Model Discussion thread seems to cause some tension and misinterpretation at times, perhaps this would be a good way to clarify our preferred conditions?

For me it's.... Dry, 3/8 Cu, 23-25c, 6-12mph breeze, 50-60% R/H.

Edited by shedhead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Blue skies from dawn up until around 7pm when clouds start to build and i can hear distant rumbles of thunder. It would be dry up until sunset and the heavens would open around 10pm as a thunderstorm passed over. Temperatures would peak around 28c mid Afternoon falling to 22c during the evening and 16c overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Given the UK, a good one is about 24-27C, gentle westerly breeze, a few clouds in the sky just for a little rest-bite from the sun. 

On the other hand we had into 2010 a day where it reached 32C under clear skies, moderate SW wind and low humidity. That felt fantastic whilst walking in the countryside :)

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Clear blue skies all day,max temps around 23c and low humidity with a cooling light wind every now and again. Followed by a nice clear night with temps getting down to around 11c/12c.

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Ex-Arctic/Continental Polar northerly air giving sunshine and 11-20C by day and clear skies and 0-9C by night.  However I would also love Maritime Polar westerly air giving sunshine and showers/thunderstorms with again 11-20C by day and 0-9C by night.

Edited by Craig Evans

Ex-Arctic/Continental Polar northerly air giving sunshine and 11-20C by day and clear skies and 0-9C by night.  However I would also love Polar Maritime westerly air giving sunshine and showers/thunderstorms with again 11-20C by day and 0-9C by night.

LOL, yet you constantly forecast 20C CET's for summer months Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Mostly sunny with puffy cumulus developing, temperatures of 22C, dew points in the range of 5 - 10C with a gentle breeze. Thunderstorms in the evening.

I also enjoy completely clear crystal blue skies with temperatures of 25C with dews below 10C, creating stunning visibility. and deep, pristine skies with no haze or pollution.

Edited by cheese

Posted

22C maxima, 15C minima, completely clear skies, relative humidity below 40%, and a slight breeze to keep things "fresh", not too dissimilar to one day recently when we had a brief incursion of NE winds.

Edited by March Blizzard

Posted

The main thing I want from summer is tanning, I would like DEEP dark blue skies, no polution at all and as clear as the sky can be here with a UV index high of around 8, around 18-25oC with a cool light breeze and then temperatures holding up to around 20oC until about 11pm then a quick decrease to around 10oC or lower overnight... if we had a week of this weather then I would be the happiest person I think! Comfortable for tanning and sleeping, UV high enough to really get a tan and with the continual breeze just to stop you from sweating... Perfect!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Sunny with highs in the 25-36C range, holding up into the upper/mid 20s into the evening, overnight minimum of 19-21C, maybe a storm during night-time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Clear blue skies all day with maxes around 25c-27c. Temps then don't fall too much in the evening just gentle fall to a 18c min. 

Limited wind - just a light breeze.

Today is almost like that bar the morning cloud!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Dry and sunny maybe a bit of fair weather cloud, Just a light breeze, Day 24c-27c night 14c-16c.

But i do like a right good thunderstorm, especially at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Dry with sunny spells until around midday, with cumulus clouds increasingly developing into cumulonimbus, then some sharp thundery showers mixed with further sunny spells, and a significant thunderstorm late evening.  Max temperature somewhere within the range of 21 to 27C.  Overnight minimum not higher than 15C.

I would be looking at humidity around the 50% mark in the sunny spells (though it would of course rise substantially during showers, associated with radiative cooling) and just a light to gentle breeze.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yesterday and today wouldn't be far off the mark.Posted Image 

Posted

A lovely not over warm morning with clear skys then small cumulus building and a max of around 23°,followed by a sunny evening with temps dropping to around 13(enough for a few beers n benefit from the fire pit!) Then watch the forecast of a severe spanish plume advancing for a couple days later lol.Rinse and repeat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Always the main thing for me is it must must must be warmth to enjoy in the evenings. As in comfortable at, say 8pm and also sufficiently warm I can open my downstairs windows at least till 9pm. This means it must be >21c until at least 9pm.

It's no use being a comfortable 23c when I'm at work only to be 16c when I finally get chance to enjoy it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

dunno... i have several

i dont mind heat and humidity, so hotter with high humidity is great...but i also like clear blue sunny skies with drier air, temps mid 20's or higher.

a steady breeze with humidity and high temps in pleasant too.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

A July northerly. Sunny with scattered clouds, close to 20C and a strong sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Highs temperatures all summer ranging from 24C-40C

Low temperatures ranging from 14C-22C

UV indexes of 11 around June-July, down to 9 in May and August for some good tanning

No cloud/rain apart from thunderstorms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Intermittent moderate snowPosted Image

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Intermittent moderate snowPosted Image

LOL I was going to say that. Horribly right now. Blowing hot humid air round the house. Doors and windows open.