Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That was a definite roll of thunder then...surely! Going out to investigate :D

Guest William Grimsley

Anything that could develop in this rain over East Devon later? We've only had 1 lightning stike and 2 claps of thunder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

im absolutely blown away its hardly even raining no thunder all week we missed it must be the most unlucky place in uk this week grrrrrr

Posted

Hmm, just noticed with my window open in the sheer hope of hearing a distant rumble, Heathrow is on easterlies which means there must be at least a 5kt wind from the east (with an easterly component added in) (in line with their westerly preference rules), for them to be flying this. Of course that's at ground etc, but interesting all the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm

Anything that could develop in this rain over East Devon later? We've only had 1 lightning stike and 2 claps of thunder!

agreed we've had nothing apart from earlier but that was just a teaser!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Skies darkening to the south of Derby. Met office precipitation forecast for tonight looks rather intense.

Posted

Skies darkening to the south of Derby. Met office precipitation forecast for tonight looks rather intense.

darkening here too

Posted

Just heard 2 distant rumbles here from the West. Not surprised as its gone quite humid here this afternoon!

Posted

Thunder here in Eastbourne is becoming more frequent - still no visible lightning and rain is not as heavy as earlier! I think the cloud base is lowering as the clouds are changing again.

Posted

Getting dark here in Slough, and the wind occasionally picks up. but no rain, nothing.

Hoping we get a good storm tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Thunder and lightning here on IOW

:)

Long deep rumbles

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted

Cells developing east of here, sky looks really potent atm. 

Development of a few cells in Yorkshire, Derbyshire showing quite clearly on the 1800 and 1815 radars. Worth keeping an eye on further development in this region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

Mammatus sky currently over Sheffield city centre, wind gusts picked up noticeably in the last 15 mins. Here's hoping!!!

Posted

As the cap erodes with the MCS pushing further NE, a LLC will begin *if not already* to develop around the Midlands region, this further instability will cause regional pulse-cells to merge into a longer thundery-spell of rain for the west moving northwards throughout the late evening.

This is just the start of what i'm expecting to be a very memorable 6 hours RADAR watching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Those cells just north of Nottingham went from nothing to red on the Netweather radar in 20 mins!

Wish I was in Nottingham at the moment, I'm up north seeing family this weekend.

The cells in north west England are also intensifying, seems to be quite a lot of energy about.

Posted

Thunderstorms to the north and to the SE. Please let the band utilise all this humidity!

As the cap erodes with the MCS pushing further NE, a LLC will begin *if not already* to develop around the Midlands region, this further instability will cause regional pulse-cells to merge into a longer thundery-spell of rain for the west moving northwards throughout the late evening. This is just the start of what i'm expecting to be a very memorable 6 hours RADAR watching.

Fingers crossed Snow!

Posted

Heavy rain here now, really big raindrops. Love the smell of fresh rain!

Posted

I think we are primed CB for some storms Posted Image

Indeed we are but I'm was expecting it to be a bit more 'intense' than this, so far it has been quite average. I can't complain as its been too long since our last proper thunderstorm/MCS. I watched the outflow this morning from the Benelux system and was a little jealous...

Edited by MR CB

Posted

Rain now commenced, am torn as to what to call these clouds as they honestly don't appear cb. Id say they now look more like stratus clouds. Really difficult to understand this setup I have to say, from viewing the radar and others posts I would expect towering cb and the odd rumble to be approaching by now.

Anyone here from Reading/Basingstoke able to confirm what they are getting, as a shield seems to have placed itself over Bracknell/Guildford/Slough etc at the moment.

Posted

Those cells just north of Nottingham went from nothing to red on the Netweather radar in 20 mins!

Wish I was in Nottingham at the moment, I'm up north seeing family this weekend.

The cells in north west England are also intensifying, seems to be quite a lot of energy about.

I just watched one of them firing up North East of me and it looks a beast, its currently over Sheffield 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Odd spot of rain now. Tower trying to go up over my house and another one to the SE.