Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

website for the total rainfall in the last 24 hrs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Welcome to the forum landslave. I will take a look see if I have a zoomable chart.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/aktframe?TYP=niederschlag&KEY=UK&LANG=en&ART=tabelle&JJ=xxxx&SORT=2&INT=06

Not sure if they have a zoomable chart but there is a table of rainfall amounts and can display this on a map. Don't see it can be zoomed in though, maybe someone else can put a link here that you are looking for and for others too.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

In terms of rainfall, Weatheronline does a large map of rainfall recorded at weather stations,

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LANG=en&CONT=ukuk&LAND=UK&REGION=0003&SORT=2&UD=0&INT=24&TYP=niederschlag&ART=kartealle&RUBRIK=akt&DATE=1374991200&CEL=C&SI=mph

post-213-0-02002300-1375000840_thumb.jpg

While Netweather Radar, does the same for accumulated rainfall upto 24hr according to radar returns. For subscribers this is fully zoomable.

post-213-0-49399800-1375001003_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

yeah I might subscribe if thats zoomable, I gues thats what you guys all use?Desperate for rain here, last 3 days predicted rain and clouds, both fri and sat largely sunny, always can see clouds to west so frustrating.Today predicted fully cloudy with rain, sunny this morning with blue sky. They every day predicting clouds wrong.

Posted

yeah I might subscribe if thats zoomable, I gues thats what you guys all use? Desperate for rain here, last 3 days predicted rain and clouds, both fri and sat largely sunny, always can see clouds to west so frustrating. Today predicted fully cloudy with rain, sunny this morning with blue sky. They every day predicting clouds wrong.

this is the forecast for the East Midlands (includes Leicester area) from Met this morning

Today:

A sunny start for most but cloud increasing and outbreaks of rain moving in by this afternoon, the rain perhaps heavy for a time, especially over Derbyshire. A chance of drier, brighter conditions returning to some parts later this afternoon. Maximum temperature 22 °C.

Net Wx radar, the free version shows where the rain is at the moment?

The Leicester forecast, see link below has no more than a 20% chance of rain today, so I'm not sure which forecast you are using?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/leicester#?tab=fiveDay

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

I check weather news and accuweather. 

I didnt know the met office did local forecasts.

any idea why the same areas keep getting the rain and others consistent dry?

its been sunny all day so far, with some clouds over me but they small, tons of cloud to the west.

thanks for the info on both local met and net wx radar.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted

I subscribed now to the lite service I like that rain radar, but I think I want the service above it the extra lite so asked for the 7 day trial to see if I like it, thanks for the pointer.

The radar now shows leics right at the tip of a new lot of rain, I see wales has the best of it.  Just outside now the sun went in and started raining lightly.  Cloud came from behind me so I didnt see ti coming.

Edited by chrcoluk