Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How good was July 2013?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still  warm here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

An overall very good month here, without a doubt better than anything we've had since 2006 but not quite topping that July, though I would say better than 2003 for prolonged sun and heat and don't remember 1999 enough to comment on that. Unfortunately though two events were ruined by bad weather at either end of the month - friend's birthday BBQ nearly blown away on the 3rd and Bristol Harbour Festival Matthew sail rained off on the 27th. So I rate this July 8/10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

A very nice month from the 4th until the 24th, then it was largely overcast, rainy and much lower temps. 

Still the best spell since 2006 though, although not quite as warm. Still very sunny and bone dry from the 4th until 24th. Shame it dipped so sharply though. 

Posted

Outstanding from the 6th til the 22nd in the lakes, then much more unsettled with over a months worth of rain in the last week making it wetter than average!

296 hours of sunshine, Mean of 17.9c, Highest temp 30c, rainfall 112mm

Posted
7/10. Nowhere near as good as it should have been given the synoptics. While it was the best summer month since July 2006, months like April 2007, April 2011 and March 2012 were vastly superior.

Sunshine (216.6hrs) similar to the long forgotten Julys of 1971 and 1982 and way short of July 1955 (263hrs). However I would say that the synoptics were much more favourable than 1971 and 1982 and closer to 1955. It was not even as sunny as May 2013 (217.2hrs), which on paper would look to have inferior synoptics.

There was only one good weekend with the other three having one good day and one poor day. Basically far too much easterlies spoiling things yet again.

There were more cooler than average days than there were warmer than average days in the last two Julys combined and, due to several vile days in the last third of the month, rainfall ended up above average for the 5th successive July - the first time this has happened since the late 1930s.

It was also yet another summer month where we ended up wetter than Stornoway which is completely unacceptable.Very worrying if this is the best that we can get in summer nowadays. The wait for a warm, sunny and dry summer month enters it's 8th year.

Posted

Too flaming hot and it abruptly ended our nice long period of below average months!  However, the evenings were pleasant and the nights not too sticky so I shouldn't complain too much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Too flaming hot and it abruptly ended our nice long period of below average months!  However, the evenings were pleasant and the nights not too sticky so I shouldn't complain too much.

Long yes - nice no! Time for a nice long period of above average months! Actually that can take a break Dec-Jan then get going again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Fairly poor with almost constant mist/fog. Ave temp was 11.9C which was 0.6C higher than July 2012.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I'm sure the Shetlands are lovely... but boy does your weather sound naff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed whilst I'm sure the Shetlands is nice, you must generally have one if the most ugly climates out there. Some nice blustery snow showers in winter maybe but god it very rarely gets beyond mild in summer doesn't it. Horrible!

• Like 1

Posted

Fairly poor with almost constant mist/fog. Ave temp was 11.9C which was 0.6C higher than July 2012.

Don't think I could ever live there! That's comparable to a warm October here! No thankyou! My average high this month was 26.7oC and overall was 20.58! very warm month indeed!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Lerwick had a mean max of 14.3C with 104.7 hours of sun in July.

Posted

Long yes - nice no! Time for a nice long period of above average months! Actually that can take a break Dec-Jan then get going again...

Well I thought that getting six below average months in a row was pretty impressive, especially when this would have been almost unthinkable just 5 years ago.  Each to their own though of course.  As for your comment about a period of above average months coming up, I tend to think that this could well be the case......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Drool...

I'd love to spend a while in the Shetland's to experience the climate there. must he heaven on Earth for you laserguy!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I couldn't live on the Shetland islands.. that climate just sounds plain horrible! October here is sunnier and the same temperature pretty much as it is there in July. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I couldn't live on the Shetland islands.. that climate just sounds plain horrible! October here is sunnier and the same temperature pretty much as it is there in July. 

Maybe but I think they tend to get much better weather when we get the rubbish and vice versa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Maybe but I think they tend to get much better weather when we get the rubbish and vice versa

In need 3c and drizzle when we get that horrible -5c and snow

For me July been a great month as spent a lot of it 'working from home' before I start a new major project in September. My plastic spa has seen a lot of action , see here which shows the type of Spa, the occupants are however are from Carlesberg

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.drinkstuff.com/img/products/layz-banner-premium.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID%3D2623%26reviews%3Dall&h=169&w=400&sz=23&tbnid=WGDMhXxje5CSFM:&tbnh=51&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlazy%2Bspa%2Bpictures%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=lazy+spa+pictures&usg=__Fb6lo7b3ClC7u8C4uXCNIzeZ890=&docid=-hzodoFO8XFjVM&itg=1&hl=en&sa=X&ei=rp77UZe7B8TJ0QWMpIHQBw&ved=0CGQQ9QEwDQ&dur=339

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

i think ill look back and regard it better then i do atm.. why? because we had several breaks (unwelcome) from the sun/warmth, particually the other weekend when it was dull, cool, and breezy in a stiff ne breeze off the north sea.

hitting us at the weekend really spoilt it as we were unable to enjoy the heat.

very happy that we have had some heat at last, its been too long and it might be another 7 years before it happens again.

overall.... best since 06, but thats not hard! but not as good as 75, 76, 83, 90, 95, 03 06. possibly on a par with 84, 91, 96.. so good but not great. (location made the cold north sea a spoiler when the air came in from that direction)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

A fantastic month, not quite as good as July 2006, but level with July 1999, overall though very pleased with July 2013.Posted Image

Posted

One of the best months I can remember- I can remember the summers of 2003 and 2006 well and July 1999 was good but I was too young to really pay attention to the weather in 1995 and while I do recall some of August 1997, my memories are rather vague. This July was certainly a lot better than July 2003 in these parts and the real heat wasn't that prolonged here in August 2003. Looking at the stats I reckon it's clearly better than 1990 here which was unremarkable apart from that early August heatwave.

In terms of Julys it's probably 3rd behind 2006 and 1995 in Manchester if we only include months in my lifetime (since 1987), definitely beating 1989 and 1994.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

August 2003 had the same CET to July just gone but had a more notable and warmer 10 day period at the start. That shows that the remainder of the month would have been good but hardly anything special. The last 3 days of August 2003 saw some cool northerlies which much have taken the shine off the month at the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

9/10. Cloud around in the mornings sometimes, but otherwise sunny all the way through :)