Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thursday 1st August: weather chat

The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A mainly cloudy morning, the sun eventually breaking through towards midday. The afternoon was hot with increasing amounts of sunshine as the remaining St dispersed to leave Ac Castellanus and floccus.

The warmest day of the year so far and the warmest day since July 19th 2006; it was the warmest August day since the 9th in 2003.

At 1800 g.m.t;

Temp; 26.5c

Max' today; 27.4c

Min' last night; 15.1c

Grass min; 14.9c

Rainfall from 0800-1800 g.m.t; Nil

Sunshine today so far; 5.56 hrs

Mean wind speed; 16 mph S/SE

Highest gust today; 34 mph S at 1445 g.m.t

3 oktas Ac floccus and castellanus

Vis; over 80 km.

Despite the general south to south east flow a late sea breeze has set in for parts of north west England this evening. At 7pm the temperature at Liverpool airport was 27°C but with a sudden strong wind shift to the north west the temperature fell to 21°C at 8pm. Further inland at Rostherne and Manchester airport temperatures were still up 27.5°C and 27°C respectively with winds still from a southerly quarter. Reached as far inland as Warrington at least, quite breezy and much fresher within the last hour.

edit. Some slight ragged cumulus formation to the south east, can be seen on satellite also, may be as a result of the sea breeze.

Edited by Interitus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

cloudy to start becoming brighter and into afternoon before getting total sunshine 24 deg @3pm,max 27.5@6 to 7 pm.27@8pm still 25,5deg

Missed out on warmest day of year when I got 28.5 a couple of weeks ago

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A unpleasant evening still. The temp sat at 26.1C with a warm breeze just blowing the warm air around. Going to be an unpleasant night to sleep in as well.

Posted

Going to be an unpleasant night to sleep in as well...

I've got to work thru' it.... Sleep/work, a lose/lose combo either way. Damn this hateful summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Incredibly it's still 23.4c at 10pm. During the hot spell of July we often got down to 15c by now after seeing similar daytime maxima so this is quite special. Tonight must come close to breaking some records with temperatures still very high

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Cloudy and warm last night with a little drizzle.

Cloud and a few sunny intervals this morning, sunny afternoon, then cloud and sunny intervals this evening.

Warm with a moderate to fresh southerly.

Min: 15.8c@ 0600

Max: 24.9c @ 1600

Rain yesterday: 6.2mm

Dry since 10am today

Est sun: 8 hours

Currently: Clear spells, breezy

16c/ 90%/ 1006mbar steady

post-2595-0-61745700-1375391643_thumb.jppost-2595-0-66683500-1375391648_thumb.jppost-2595-0-47072000-1375391692_thumb.jppost-2595-0-43749200-1375391698_thumb.jppost-2595-0-00218800-1375391713_thumb.pnpost-2595-0-35591500-1375391718_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Incredibly it's still 23.4c at 10pm. During the hot spell of July we often got down to 15c by now after seeing similar daytime maxima so this is quite special. Tonight must come close to breaking some records with temperatures still very high

It was 26C here @ 9pm, which is truly exceptional for this rural location in the Vale of York. However, it's now 23C, so the inevitable rapid decrease has commenced. Will be interesting to see how low it falls.

Posted

Was a beautiful day at 32.4oC, you know it's hot when you walk out of a supermarket and feel like your stepping out of a plane on holiday ahah, still 23.5oC at half 11! I really haven't felt TOO hot today though and that - I think - is down to the cool day and night yesterday!

Posted

Mostly cloudy this morning with periods of sunny spells before the cloud cleared completely during the afternoon. It temporarily returned in the evening before clearing once more by sunset. Maximum temps were down again on inland areas as a keen onshore south-easterly breeze picked up after midday. What was rather notable however was the max dewpoint of 21.0C at 1pm which is the warmest I have ever recorded at this site.

Max Temp: 26.5C (warmest in August since 2006!)

Min Temp: 16.9C

Mean Wind: 9mph SE

Max Gust: 20mph

Rainfall: 0.2mm (dew)

Sunshine: 10.3hrs

Still very warm indeed with a temp at 00:14 of 22.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

yesterday for me was sunny all day with small clouds in sky.I am wondering why people enjoy such hot temps tho, they unbearable for me. I couldnt sleep was too sweaty.