Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Researchers estimate over two million deaths annually from air pollution

knocker

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

It stands to reason that crap emitted from the motor vehicles is going to have an effect - my house is on a fairly busy main road and being built in the 30's it did not have roof felt until we replaced the roof last year - the amount of crap that had collected in the attic over the years was astounding - there was a fairly thick layer of black dust, yet the holier than thou health barons sought to ban tobacco smoking in an almost hysterical manner when, in my view, these kind of particulates are just as bad. I would not have thought that it would have taken so much to develop a filter system for motor vehicle exhausts without it affecting their economy, though it would be more difficult for jet engines but there are not so many of these around in comparison.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

It stands to reason that crap emitted from the motor vehicles is going to have an effect - my house is on a fairly busy main road and being built in the 30's it did not have roof felt until we replaced the roof last year - the amount of crap that had collected in the attic over the years was astounding - there was a fairly thick layer of black dust, yet the holier than thou health barons sought to ban tobacco smoking in an almost hysterical manner when, in my view, these kind of particulates are just as bad. I would not have thought that it would have taken so much to develop a filter system for motor vehicle exhausts without it affecting their economy, though it would be more difficult for jet engines but there are not so many of these around in comparison.

my attic has the same black dust....but im not on a main road... you make a fair point but attributing that layer to vehicle emissions per se is misleading.

so?... we have to die of something. stop all internal combustion engines now, those 2 million will then die of something else. IF a study proved that vehicle emissions caused a significant amount of premature deaths then thats when to get concerned. until then?..

Posted

I'm gonna get me rip-snortin' motorbike out and get me some white-line fever. Eat my dust, suckers. Point being... I inhale more crap at our works in ten minutes than I do bloody vehicle emissions an' stuff in a year. Things folk worry about fercrissakes.