Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

1st July 2004

Paul

Posted

Please post your reports here - hopefully it'll be a busy day :)

Please try to keep this forum for reports only if possible :D

Posted

Great start to the day, it's only 12 noon and thunder has been heard from London!! A very big cell currently passing through North London around the Hampstead and Highgate area, visible lightning and booming thunder heard. :D

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Heavy shower with thunder and lightning passed overhead here in Milton Keynes about 15mins ago, looks promising for some more later this afternoon. Can already see new cells developing not to far away, maybe just maybe we'll be in for a window rattler :):):D fingers XXXX

Posted

got a thunderstorm here. frequent lightning & thunder,shower is passing through pretty quickly though and stilll developing.

looks like kent/essex is gonna get this one big time :shock:

Posted

Just had a massive storm with torrential rain and loud thunder/lightning hear in Cambridgeshire. Lasted about 30 mins. It went really dark, you could feel the power!! :D:)

Matt

Posted

Fantastic T-Storm between 1520-1550ish. Slightly West of work, but passed right over my house. 2 lightning bolts seen but probably more, plus heavy rain, and many rumbles of thunder. 38KT gust recorded at work. :D

Posted

A good storm at 2.30 today saw 4 CG's in a few mins thunder was rumberling about for about 15 mins heavy rain to :D:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

heavy, torrential rain and bright lightning with loud thunder for around an hour at about 4 but it has died down now

Posted

Ive got a possible Large Thunderstorm in the Leeds(maybe Bradford) area at the moment its West of me heading East, i can hear a few distant rumbles but the cloud isnt your usual Anvil or centre rising cloud its more of a flat Disc(UFO shaped) cloud, is it possible for lightning to accumulate in cloud thats formed with a low top

Posted

This is :evil: abosolutely :evil:

Between 1620 and 1725 an active thunderstorm passed within 2 miles of home.

BUT I MISSED IT DUE TO WORK :cry:

Heard a few rumbles of thunder but got home to hear of bright lightning just to the south and loud thunder :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roads in Warminster, 4 miles to my south, were closed due to rapid flooding :!:

So I can't provide the kind of report I would like :D

Posted

At around 3pm whilst working in Petersfield I was caught in a very heavy down poor with thunder passing overhead and saw 4 or 5 CG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Just had another SEVERE thunderstorm in Ipswich- about 100 flashes of lightning- very bright and longlasting, very loud thunder. The rain was torrential and there was hail mixed in with it too- my garden was flooded by about 6cm of water and the whole road had asbout 3cm of standing water! It has died down now, infact the sun has come out but it is still raining slightly and there is a lovely rainbow...aaawwwwwwww. hehe :D:):) ohhh- how i do like to be around when there a storm :D:)

Posted

:D WOW, incredible, Awesome

More than made up after missing the earlier storm........

.......I have just witnessed a huge rotating cb move over my house. Had just logged off net-weather, went upstairs to check the clearer skies and saw cloud moving all ways :):):):D:wink:

Have taken some amazing pics on the digi camera and am going to transfer them to my computer soon - just had to report. I am sure there is at least one funnel but the updraft and downdraft movement was immense :):):wink:

Will try to get them uploaded into at least the gallery but perhaps someone could host them for me and then add them into this thread for quicker viewing :?: :)

If you can do that please send me a PM and we'll go from there.

I am now delighted

Edit : Phil UK to include Andy Bowns pictures

1.Amazing horseshoe clearance to my west and low scud moving rapidly north - south.

RotatingCB-010704%20001.jpg

2. To my east at the same time moving south - north. Is this a funnel?

RotatingCB-010704%20002.jpg

3.Low scud rising and falling like a yo-yo! Major rotation too.

RotatingCB-010704%20004.jpg

4. Just a few seconds later showing how much movement had occured.

RotatingCB-010704%20004.jpg

5. Fantastic dark base and blue beyond.

RotatingCB-010704%20007.jpg

6. Same funnel appearance now left of the lamppost just a few seconds later. Also check out the awesome light funnel shape on the right reflecting sunlight. This disappeared quickly and whole cloud moved off over the hill.

RotatingCB-010704%20008.jpg

Guest Phil_Uk

The best that Birmingham could manage. Today, and passed me by, as per usual :roll: .....

cb1.JPG

And was this a funnel cloud perhaps?

funnelmaybe.JPG

Phil.

Posted

Couple of shirt-lived storms here in N Ireland today with lightning and small hail.

Roll on tomorrow :roll:

Posted

Very close but no cigar today..last minute blackcloud and moderate rain only passed mostly to the south then another half an hour later to the west..no thunder heard..same old story here afraid to :-x say

They always seem to bypass us... :cry:

Posted

Hey guys....

Was about 10 miles from a severe thunderstorm here in Wilmington, Philadelphia.

While being in the NE of the US, the best storm was probably on the day I arrived. I really wish I had taken my camera. My family and I were in Central Park, New York, when the clouds rolled in and convection was clearly seen drawing moisture from where I was. The rain was on and off from 4pm until about 8, then it went quiet, but to be followed by a nasty strorm with lightning a couple of times every 10 seconds and loud thunder.

I missed a couple of severe thunderstorms, and I wanted to see at least one severe thunderstorm while I was here, but had a total of 3 storms in 2 weeks. One in New York, one in Hershey Park, Harrisburg, PA, and one overnight where I am staying now with friends. I'm back Saturday morning, so I'm hoping the weather will be interesting! See you guys then!

Posted

Looks like there are some storms embedded in the system which is skirting along southern England tonight. Some strikes currently (3am) around Purbeck in Dorset just west of Poole and Bournemouth at the moment suggested from the lightening detectors, having moved out of south Devon earlier. Looks like any rainfall and thundery activity overnight is limited to south of the M4 though. Have any members from that part of the world been woken up by thunder? Perhaps Sussex and Kent might see something in the next few hours? Looks possible as I write.

Posted

There is a breakout of Thundery Activity in Northern France . This according to our detector is heading towards the South Coast of England affecting Mainly Hampshire , possibly Dorset and West Sussex . For more updates click the link below :D

Posted

No reporting area for the 2nd of july yet so i will post my storm report here

At around 2.30am a large thunderstore pasted over Portmouth with some great lightning with A couple of CG lots of IC and even saw a CC.

No photos though sorry