Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What will the weather be like in 10 years time ?

stewfox

Posted

Yes but you could make a similar list for any decade!

You could but my feeling or it seems to me is that we have become more extreme with our weather in the last 10 years. I say this because we have decades of records and in theory, it should be harder and harder to break records or get close to extremes over decades assuming a static environment. Well we don't live a static environment but even so what are the odds of us recording the two warmest Aprils on record, warmest July, warmest September, warmest autumn, wettest April, wettest June, 2nd coldest December, sunniest February etc within 7 years let alone 10? Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

You could but my feeling or it seems to me is that we have become more extreme with our weather in the last 10 years.I say this because we have decades of records and in theory, it should be harder and harder to break records or get close to extremes over decades assuming a static environment. Well we don't live a static environment but even so what are the odds of us recording the two warmest Aprils on record, warmest July, warmest September, warmest autumn, wettest April, wettest June, 2nd coldest December, sunniest February etc within 7 years let alone 10?

You are probably right to a certain extent but there have been many occasions that have been close to records yet not actually taken them.It wasn't long since that we were told we were going to get drier and more Mediterranean and winters were going to disappear so things can soon change over several years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

If I was to be forced in to having a guess then I would say Wet cool and windy on this exact day in 10 years time.