Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2013 summaries and overview opinion

damianslaw

Posted

As Autumn 2013 comes to an end (as defined meteorologically), please use this thread to post your summaries, general opinions, thoughts, views about the season.

Its been quite an average season in terms of temperatures, despite the very mild October, September saw some early chilly weather, and the second half of November has been quite cold.

On a personal level, I quite enjoyed September, a very mixed month bookended with decent warmth. October I'd rather forget, I like Octobers to produce a few frosts, but this October was very mild throughout with miserable SW flow.. yuk..

Quite enjoyed this November - decent frosts and nice sunny dry days, it can be a thoroughly miserable dank grey gloomy month with mild drizzly conditions, thankfully we have been spared such goods. Would like to have seen a bit of snow, but its always difficult to achieve snowy weather in November - more so than April.

2013 is turning into a very decent year in terms of distinct seasons, admittedly a very very slow start to Spring, but we had the very good summer to compensate followed by quite a seasonal autumn despite the mild October.

Posted

A very calm Autumn here, barely more than one or two "windy" days and certainly no gales or storms. highest wind gust has been 35mph

Leaves stayed on the trees right up till end of november now they are finally falling

autumn colours have been ok after a  very slow start

Edited by Lake District Blizzard