Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th January 2014 onwards

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Random solitary lightning bolt struck here in Penryn about an hour ago. Seemed to strike the university campus. Instantaneous thunder and I think it struck only about 20-50m away from me! Never been that close before! and not sure I want to get any closer!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Just a quick check on my audio feed if you would be so kindPosted Image

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/brumcam.html

Edit; mmm....Tough crowd or wrong forumPosted Image

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Moderate hail shower just passed through. Hoping see see a couple of flashes later, depending on whether current devlopments to the East keep building in the right direction! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Just caught the edge of a very heavy shower to the east here in Leeds. Nothing significant yet but some nice convection going on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Some hailstones here a few minutes ago but looks to have kicked off near to Luton in the last few minutes.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

My android app lightning detector has detected a storm to the south about 6km+! Towards the south east coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Things really getting going in Kent ATM.

Posted

Check out the storm on the coast of Holland! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

just had a massive flash of lightning and loud bang of thunder shook the windows caught me by surprise and a sleeping family member who fell out of bed Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Check out the storm on the coast of Holland! 

I've been watching that one on Blitz.Just hoping it may come my way Lol. The MetO has forecast thunder for the SW maybe over night and tomorrow! but it'll probably end up in the far SW knowing my luck lol. Great to hear some are getting storms though.Posted Image

Posted

I've been watching that one on Blitz.Just hoping it may come my way Lol. The MetO has forecast thunder for the SW maybe over night and tomorrow! but it'll probably end up in the far SW knowing my luck lol. Great to hear some are getting storms though.Posted Image

It looks to be surviving the North Sea but I think Gloucestershire is pushing it a bit :D Maybe worth keeping a watch if you live on the coast of EA. 

The storm season has kicked off early this year. I have already seen a storm on January 25th but since then nothing here, although other parts have had a fair few. I am hoping the warm winter and resultant warmer SST's will help to make April/May more active than last years abysmal spring for storms. Although to be fair July onwards made up for that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Norfolk clipper.....will it won't it...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

It looks to be surviving the North Sea but I think Gloucestershire is pushing it a bit Posted Image Maybe worth keeping a watch if you live on the coast of EA. 

The storm season has kicked off early this year. I have already seen a storm on January 25th but since then nothing here, although other parts have had a fair few. I am hoping the warm winter and resultant warmer SST's will help to make April/May more active than last years abysmal spring for storms. Although to be fair July onwards made up for that. 

Lol wishful thinking on my part in hope that it may just may edge it's way over to Glos (knowing damn well it wont because storms never come here lolPosted Image )Plenty to look forward to  for the up and coming storm season and yes, seems to have started earlyPosted Image . The heavy showers are now passing through North Lincs and Yorkshire..Good luck to anybody who's up there and of course yourself SupacellPosted Image

Edited by Jane Louise
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Saw a bright flash to my NE as I was driving. Must've been all the way over off Norfolk. So weird seen as its foggy!

Posted

According to the weather app on my phone, there is a thunderstorm over Manchester right now. I have heard even any distant thunder yet.

Good luck... if you do get anything please send it this way.Posted Image

Posted

good luck Jane

Aww thanks Stu! but you know how it goes Posted Image Have you had any storms up your way this year? or am I going to see you back in the NSC Lol

Posted

There has been a few strikes detected around Manchester. That storm in the southern North Sea is making a bee line for Lowestoft, if you were there I would think you would be seeing the flashes out to sea by now. A storm off the coast of Cromer too. It would take a miracle for them to get this far though.

Posted

Aww thanks Stu! but you know how it goes Posted Image Have you had any storms up your way this year? or am I going to see you back in the NSC Lol

no Jane had no storm up this year so far last 1 was the 6th of dec last year and that 1 woke me up early in the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Quite a bit going on out there this evening. Would love something to creep across the Irish Sea though..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

There has been a few strikes detected around Manchester. That storm in the southern North Sea is making a bee line for Lowestoft, if you were there I would think you would be seeing the flashes out to sea by now. A storm off the coast of Cromer too. It would take a miracle for them to get this far though.

Absolutely incredible this! A Dutch import in March, whats going on lol !Posted Image

Ill keep an eye out bud to my East and North where I've already witnessed a bright blue flash through the fog!!