Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Crap! This is looking bad ... its soooo eerily dark out there. Glad to be home. Got my beer and will be here with you guys for the all nighter Posted Image

Amazing, that is what I plan to do, have supplies and that is me for the night (if the power goes it will most defo be the beer else I have fresh milk, kettle and running water to keep the tea cup refilled, but may move onto the beer later anyway as it is Friday)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

It's really kicking off down in Somerset now where the floods are, the BBC news reporter getting blown all over the shop! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Oh carp - Me and my big mouth....From Sussex Weather 30mins ago*****WARNINIG***IN THE NEXT HOURA line of torrential downpours spreading into west sussex and will cross into east sussex in the next hour, please be careful out there as there has been reports that rivers have burst there banks today near heathfield and near druisillas in sussex.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=669088193134785&set=a.667671329943138.1073741829.666930653350539&type=1&theater

Back laterxxx 

Posted

Not even the slightest hint of a storm here, a bit breezy and had some rain today but nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever

Yes. Its just been a rainy windyish day SO FAR..... but when I was at bluewater there were some pretty strong gusts at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Operation get my soggy **** home completed!

Dry,clothes,hot drink and a window to point at the weather now! Rain was the total bugger today,lagged it down everywhere.....slightly more than glad to be indoors at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Still strangely still here.

yeah same here , very still temp is up too 10.1 and pressure is down to 974.8 .Very strange , I can see clear sky too

Posted

Just a heads up to those of us that use South Eastern Trains to travel - they are putting speed restrictions in place from 7.00pm tonight:  http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/

Following on from the above post, SE trains aren't running a service before 11.00am tomorrow morning. Soooo pleased I don't have to go to work in the morning!
  • Like 1

Posted

temp continuing to rise in  north london, 10.8 now.

Looks like the rain got into my weather station. if not I need to WORRY!

It is currently reading 38C. Please tell me, should I believe it? Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

sound off subtitles on, problem solvedPosted Image

Sort of thing I would do :lol: honest Posted Image

Phew - I'm now ready for flooding but not yet for the gales.

Now please don;t laugh - but when there is a risk of the house flooding I do like to have nice clean floors/carpets..... so having moved everything to higher ground, have been madly vacuuming up the stray hay and wood shavings currently littering the downstairs courtesy of the piggies !

Thankfully it stopped raining here about 3.30pm......stream peaked 2" short of flooding the bridge/breaking bank.......this was about 4.15pm so quite chuffed I got the timing right!

It's all going to depend now on how much more rain is dumped in how short a space of time tonight. The stream is primed to capacity - we need a pause in the rain for a good 2hours to give it time to recover otherwise another 5mm in 30mins will tip it over and it will all end in soggy mess.

Worryingly it's gone very dark here and just had visit from PCSO  on duty til midnight to identify possible  flooding/sewage issues for vulnerable residents that could arise later - have told her that tea and coffee is available here throughout the night for her and colleagues...provided they can get across the bridge

Back later tonight when the winds pick up.

xxx

Good luck, I have biccies here too (and crisps) went mad on this months shop and brought loads of snacky things for some reason and topped the the cupboards and freezers with loads of food rather than scrimping and getting just the basic value stuff (no I do not have buyer remorse either, I wanted some quality for a change, so I can sit here on my own, power/no power and still have quality)

Have a couple of candles lit too, nothing romantic (hell it is just me and two cockatiels, only thing I can confirm to happen tonight is I will at some point fall asleep, most likely with a book not a bird [easy, leave it there])

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Crap! This is looking bad ... its soooo eerily dark out there. Glad to be home. Got my beer and will be here with you guys for the all nighter Posted Image

Worse to come, for the rest of the day in south east, although the coast will get the biggest pasting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Yeovil 30 mins ago.Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Some noticeably bigger gusts starting to make themselves felt here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Looks like the rain got into my weather station. if not I need to WORRY!

It is currently reading 38C. Please tell me, should I believe it? Posted ImagePosted Image

My weather station is from argos and costs £5.99, now it says 11.3, will it reach 38c before the night is out?

• Like 1

Posted

Yeovil 30 mins ago.Posted Image

Posted Image

Is the Yeovil stuck in the tree?

• Like 2

Posted

My weather station is from argos and costs £5.99, now it says 11.3, will it reach 38c before the night is out?

doubt it but it might by mid July early August if your lucky :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Getting strong winds now in Luton.

----------------------

**TORNADO WARNING**

For England & Wales

www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

Edited by Luton Weather

Posted

I've also got my beer in the sideboard here....

Went shopping earlier so well stocked and prepared for anything. Just cozying on down now.  Only problem is my sky keeps breaking up. :(

Tem here 9.8c and pressure 977

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Some noticeably bigger gusts starting to make themselves felt here...

Same here Kate, this wind is noticeably picking uphere now and it seems more scary when it's dark as you can't see what's crashing and banging, on the plus side though most sensible people will be indoors by the time it peaks and not so many people need to be out and about early on a Saturday morning as they are during the week days so from that perspective I suppose it's better and safer !

• Like 1