Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

XC weather just downgraded Gusts for north London by 8-10 mph over night. Not surprised at all, not been to bad here all day.

Don't count things out the wind can turn very nasty very quickly particularly within a squall line, winds are picking up steadily here now gusting 35-40mph my guess BBC forecast still going for 60mph in London region, anywhere south of the M25 in Kent could see 70mph+ locally.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Winds have dramatically increased here in the last hour or so. Tonight looks a bit wild!

Posted

Some torrential rain and very gusty here when I left work at 2:45 this afternoon..got soaked through to my undies walking via school to home! The sea was very rough already and was nowhere near high tide. Interested to see how windy it gets overnight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Ok so large glass of wine - check

Sky tv still working but movies on a USB stick in case it goes off - check

Torch - check

more wine - check

vodka - check

I think im ready.......Wind picking up here....conservatory is starting to shake........she's starting to shimmy......shes starting to er....shudder....(had to get the Airplane quote in) Take care guys

• Like 9

Posted

Winds risen dramatically in about 20 mins here. Check out the chart on CHIMET>

http://www.chimet.co.uk/%28S%28kwqz4uqukavfyy551nbihu2j%29%29/wind.aspx

Looks like the fun begins for my area, or it could just be a squall line crossing the area.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Not exactly looking forward to tonight. For this area, I am expecting similar gusts/duration as the 23rd December storm (65mph), but not as bad as the St Jude storm (75mph). Hope everyone comes out safely and intact the other side!

Posted

Things looking less and less pretty by the minute out there it seems, things getting darker and wind getting stronger!  Posted Image

that'll be the sun setting.......

• Like 9

Posted

Just looking at the winds on xcweather and it's mad now how I don't think 76MPH is bad. Become numb to this bad weather!

Maybe you need to refresh that page, says max is 61mph for your area. Same as mine been downgraded 2 times this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yeovil 30 mins ago.Posted Image

Posted Image

Trampoline....Trampoline !!!

.....that video on you tube still makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it Posted Image

As posted on the London & SE Weather page on Facebook....

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

This is a great little website for keeping tabs on where the strongest winds are.

The arrows indicate the wind direction, the bigger they are the higher the gusts. Also it is colour coordinated, the darker the oranges and red, the stronger the gusts. It updates every half hour and uses real data from weather stations both on land and sea. The darker reds will extend from SW Britain across the south coast as the night goes on. 

• Like 3

Ignore all the downgrade comments I knew that gfs run was odd with the pressure of the system and winds, nmm high res sticking to the 6z run.. Actually increases the winds on the south coast and prolongs 65mph+ winds over the southeast mainland for longer, one thing to note on this run is it looks to start slightly earlier (the peak)

Hail earlier today..

post-12648-0-00213400-1392399351_thumb.j

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Spoke to my parents in Wexford earlier - last 24 hours they've had power on and off, no phone line, no Internet, no mobile phone access on either of two networks they have phones for. At least all is OK in my neck of the woods!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

is that a trampoline!! Posted Image

Yes it is. Just goes to show how strong those gusts are.Stay safe all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Ok so large glass of wine - check

Sky tv still working but movies on a USB stick in case it goes off - check

Torch - check

more wine - check

vodka - check

I think im ready.......Wind picking up here....conservatory is starting to shake........she's starting to shimmy......shes starting to er....shudder....(had to get the Airplane quote in) Take care guys

At least you do not have a drinking problem Posted Image

Edited by Jax
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

Hi rach

I'll second that...I'm down the road from you in Telscombe Cliffs...I'm right on the clifftop so I'm completely exposed. Whatever the wind forecast we always seem to get it worse along this stretch of coastline. I lost my double glazing in the St Jude storm, then the glass privacy screen on the balcony went in the Dec 23rd storm, and during the storm on Wed night there was a weird pop/crack noise and a hairline crack appeared running all around the south facing wall of the lounge...as the gusts of wind slammed into the windows the whole frame moved and I'd see the crack expand and contract. I love severe weather but have to say this last couple of months has left me really on edge every time the wind gets up. So I'm not looking forward to tonight's storm...feels like I just need one more severe hit and the whole south side of the flat will collapse! Time to batten down the hatches I think. Posted Image

i know those ones..very exposed properties. its gonna be really noisy at the very least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

It's funny how storms turn people to drink, 5.40 and people are hitting the booze, with the amount of storms we've had, everyone's livers will be crying for help come april. I'm off for a drink.

lol @ JAX and Lassie - Very funny guys.....I do love this forum

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Ignore all the downgrade comments I knew that gfs run was odd with the pressure of the system and winds, nmm high res sticking to the 6z run.. Actually increases the winds on the south coast and prolongs 65mph+ winds over the southeast mainland for longer, one thing to note on this run is it looks to start slightly earlier (the peak)

Hail earlier today..

Posted ImageDSC_0900.JPG

Yes expecting to peak earlier now about 11pm to 1am not 3am.

Posted

Just found this for West Sussex.

Fri 14th Feb - No gritting taking place tonight in this wet weather http://www.westsussexhighways.org/pages/winterroads â€¦ #GritterTwitter #West Sussex

Hahahahahaha. no defo no gritting needed. The sea will salt the roads for them. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

My wind noise is currently drowned out by the washing machine as I have a shorter weekend I need to get it going now rather than later as it cannot hang outside and drying inside is a PITA due to lack oh suitable hanging space (plus I did the bedsheets and all so the pile is extra higher again this weekend)

Posted

It's funny how storms turn people to drink, 5.40 and people are hitting the booze, with the amount of storms we've had, everyone's livers will be crying for help come april. I'm off for a drink.

Well it is Friday. And it's after work so sod it. I would rather be in somewhere safe having a drink than outside, so BEER PLEASE :)