Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Cloud tops are too low for storms today only cumulus,looks like a heavy shower coming this way outside though.

Feels that bit fresher,wind picking up NW.

Posted

Thunderstorms devloped during the afternoon gave us some Thunder & Lightining,great cloud to ground strike at 0:14.nice storm again.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Would love to have known what we had exactly today. Two major downpours today. One at 7am then 10am. Roads flooding badly each time.

41mm at Alvechurch is that nearby?

http://www.alvechurchweather.metsite.com/

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Few new strikes out towards Salisbury? 

Nothing heard here but did see a great CB over Salisbury Plain around 16.30-17.30, besides that a largely clear day with very warm sunshine and a thankfully fresher feel.

Posted

A fair bit of cloud today but occasional sunny spells and maxed out at 22.4c, what's the betting we wake up to crystal clear blue skies tomorrow for work  :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Il sum up this weekend in one image! No storms not much sun and to top it off back to work and guess what warm and sunny! Not fun when working in a warehouse with no fans or air con. Hope it stays sunny break up Friday for 2 weeks. Glad some of you storm deprived lot got some of the good stuff tho.

post-16028-0-19464600-1405884489_thumb.p

Posted

Nothing heard here but did see a great CB over Salisbury Plain around 16.30-17.30, besides that a largely clear day with very warm sunshine and a thankfully fresher feel.

Evening Andy. Yep, we'd just lit the bbq and could see it heading towards us. By the time it got here it fizzled out to a light shower, so still had to water the pots. Thur/fri evening were impessive here. Will post some pics tomorrow of the damage from thursday night once I've taken some snaps on my walk in the morning. Ttfn

Posted

To all the people that missed out there's another opportunity later in the week as the temperature and humidity starts to rise again. 

Its been a much nicer day here today with plenty of sunshine with some great towering cumulus clouds, also feeling fresher than yesterday I am hoping to get my vantage vue set up soon which will be good to compare weather data. 

Posted

A fair bit of cloud today but occasional sunny spells and maxed out at 22.4c, what's the betting we wake up to crystal clear blue skies tomorrow for work  :nonono:

Then it will cloud up.

Posted

Weird weather in S Wales slightly cloudy with every day producing a light shower ,not good enough to sunbathe or raincoat Lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Mention also of a slack easterly flow into next week - that could well favour more western areas with regards to temps, for eg Welsh coast should be stunning at times, 80F and wall to wall goodness. Possibly showers breaking out in places later but overall very Summery looking.Interesting to see how this'll turn out, or should that more easterly flow start to drag in more heat or even turn into a southeasterly? Always a pretty hot direction at this time of year, although some mist or murk may affect eastern coastal areas at times.

ATM...If anything the more eastern parts will do better as that breeze will clear any cloud (mist or murk), and the second part of this week will see a front closing in on western parts of the UK bringing a chance of isolated showers, perhaps heavy towards the end of this week more so for the western parts of the UK.

But i'm hoping that front stays out there in the Atlantic and looking at the BBC Fax chart up to Thursday that cold front is lurking

but the latest Fax chart from the Met Office it's nowhere to be seen :D

post-11006-0-37512700-1405893981_thumb.j  post-11006-0-02789500-1405894045_thumb.j

One thing this week its warm and getting very warm even hot towards the end of this week.... I can feel the camping gear calling, cool box full of beers...Mmmmm!

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Plenty of good sunbathing weather today on the coast anyway.

So far this month very dry in South Wales with 4 stations under 22mm of rain for the whole month (with 14mm in Aberporth) normally when this happens, a dry start to a summer month,  there is a deluge to spoil the months figures hopefully this doesn't happen in July.

Edited by J10

ATM...If anything the more eastern parts will do better as that breeze will clear any cloud (mist or murk), and the second part of this week will see a front closing in on western parts of the UK bringing a chance of isolated showers, perhaps heavy towards the end of this week more so for the western parts of the UK.

But i'm hoping that front stays out there in the Atlantic and looking at the BBC Fax chart up to Thursday that cold front is lurking

but the latest Fax chart from the Met Office it's nowhere to be seen :D

Posted ImageCapture 1.JPG  Posted ImageCapture.JPG

One thing this week its warm and getting very warm even hot towards the end of this week.... I can feel the camping gear calling, cool box full of beers...Mmmmm!

A slack easterly flow tends to be better for western areas generally, although you are right with the risk of showers from around Thursday. 

Posted

Latest GFS 18z looks very good for storm potential from Thursday into the weekend as it stands which would be good timing for me as I am off on Friday and Saturday's might go on my first storm chase if it looks favourable.

Posted

A slack easterly flow tends to be better for western areas generally, although you are right with the risk of showers from around Thursday. 

Off the North sea yes, but for us in the southern parts of the UK the wind is more of a off the continent direction

So the likes of Great Yarmouth i thought if your were on your Hols there.. WELL Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like more thunderstorms possible thursday wont get to excited after the met office/bbc foul ups over the weekend just gone.Hopefully this week the metoffice wont put out warnings which are not needed :rofl:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/10979439/Warm-weather-to-continue-says-Met-Office-as-it-defends-forecasting-accuracy.html

Edited by ncikos

Posted

As expected after >50% cloudcover the entire weekend it's now crystal clear haha!

Posted

Looks like more thunderstorms possible thursday wont get to excited after the met office/bbc foul ups over the weekend just gone.Hopefully this week the metoffice wont put out warnings which are not needed :rofl:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/10979439/Warm-weather-to-continue-says-Met-Office-as-it-defends-forecasting-accuracy.html

How did they' foul up' exactly? 

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Woke up this morning singing (Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind)

What i lovely week it's going to be, temps around the mid to high 20's, depending on where you live variable cloud though :rolleyes:

but in general this week is looking just fine... enjoy it's the height of summer  :good: 

• Like 1