Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

BB well done that's fab news

So hard making the first move . I know this May sound silly but I write a diary so when I have my days of not getting out I can look back and look at the days out I managed and this remind me of how well I did and how happy it made me .

Keep strong BB it gets better with every little step :)

Weather wise a lovely day got a bit chilly here now thou

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Ian Currie's month by month Surrey weather forecast for 2014

MARCH

March will dry out the soil as I expect it to be much below average, rain-wise, a case of "a peck of March dust is worth its weight in gold". There will be some frosty nights which will arrest plant growth but day temperatures should be around par and sunshine values rather above. Check carefully the forecast and don't be fooled by the warmth of the day as soil temperatures will remain rather low.

APRIL

April will be on the chilly side and frosts more frequent than normal. There will be above-average rainfall too, with soils becoming very wet. Watch out for some snow too, as low pressure systems track rather further south over southern districts though the far south may just see rain. Soil temperatures could stay depressed as well so spring will be rather on hold.

MAY

May will see quite a change with a rapid warming of the soil as the mean temperature will be above average by several degrees with some warm days. The afternoon temperatures may be up to between 21C and 24C. There will be mild nights. It could be the best month of the year. Rainfall will be average or below with the wind coming in from the south, though the far North West of the UK will be above the norm for rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone know how El Nino will effect our weather? 

Posted

Ian Currie's month by month Surrey weather forecast for 2014 part 2

JUNE

June will see a dip in the temperature with the month actually slightly below par. This is because the wind will be from the north or north-east and it will be eastern areas that will feel the coolest winds and some western parts especially the South West will be quite warm so a good time to go on holiday to the Western Isles of Scotland or the far West of England and Wales. Rainfall should be average in the East but drier than normal in the West of the UK.

JULY

July will be around average for rain and temperature so perhaps we will not suffer the searing heat and drought of last year. Watch out for some thundery weather with most of the rain falling in the latter half of the month and affecting, in particular, East Surrey and the South East where rain may be above par.

We have had very few thunderstorms in recent years but this could be the exception.

AUGUST

August will continue with some frequent showers and storms and give some large falls in places and by the end of the month rainfall could well be above average but, again, head north-west for drier and sunnier weather as low pressure stays further south and east. The temperature may struggle to reach 27C (80F).

Posted

Anyone know how El Nino will effect our weather? 

Not sure about how el nino will affect our weather, but the  affect on the states is described below

Relief may be on the way for a weather-weary United States with the predicted warming of the central Pacific Ocean brewing this year that will likely change weather worldwide. But it won't be for the better everywhere.

The warming, called an El Nino, is expected to lead to fewer Atlantic hurricanes and more rain next winter for drought-stricken California and southern states, and even a milder winter for the nation's frigid northern tier next year, meteorologists say.

While it could be good news to lessen the southwestern U.S. drought and shrink heating bills next winter in the far north, "worldwide it can be quite a different story," said North Carolina State University atmospheric sciences professor Ken Kunkel. "Some areas benefit. Some don't."

Globally, it can mean an even hotter year coming up and billions of dollars in losses for food crops.

Posted

tonight

dry misty and warm

-------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak north westerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

dry am

Posted Image

some drizzly murk today

maybe the odd heavier burst north of our region

by late pm

Posted Image

all clear

however mist and fog may become an issue later

temps

Posted Image

around 12-14 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak southerly flow

dry

temps around 6-8 degrees

watch for fog and mist moreso the south coast region

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a slightly breezy south flow

rainfall

Posted Image

looks dry but a slim chance of showery bits the far north east of our region

temps

Posted Image

around 13-15 degrees

lower the far north of our region re cloudcover

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday night

Posted Image

a weak south west flow

dry

temps around 6-8 degrees

locally lower

mist patces possible

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a weak southerly flow

Posted Image

dry

temps

Posted Image

between 15-18 degrees

will likely be cloud-mist am

clear around lunch leaving sunny intervals

cloud may build again as we go towards mid pm

hope your all well

john Posted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hi all.

Well it's been a month since I started my new job, after 13 great years at my old company. I'm glad to say it's going great. The job is for filling, and the people are great. Happy days.

Can vouch for JP's as always great post above about it being warm tonight.... Just finished my run, and it does feel nice out there tonight.

Haven't been out of the office much today, but the school run was lovely and sunny first thing this morning. When I did manage to get out for a bit this afternoon, I started getting 'sitting in the pub garden cravings' due to the sun and very mild warmth... Haha

Have a great one guys... Laters

• Like 6

Thought I would share this with you guys also.... Not blowing my own trumpet in anyway, but with my qualifications, I'm seen as a bright bloke with a very promising future in finance (as I've been informed by the job agency I joined)Anyway, I upgraded my old iPhone to the 5s, with finger print technology. Great I thought. To cut a long story short I did set my new phone up with my finger print, but the finger I used had a plaster on it.... I've since taken it off, now I don't know how to reset it.... Hahaha what a plum.I'll get my coat, over and out

I got aNew iphone last week but didn't want the5s coz of the finger print part so got a 5c gladI did now lol P.s hopeYour finger gets better :)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Sneezing fit, fun or what!?!

Bumped into my neighbour (as such) from across the road, said I thought she had moved out as not seen her in a long time, she suffers from joint pain like me in the cold weather and "stays in" much like I do these days (or as she put it "hibernates") when it is cold and damp as the weather can play havoc joints this time of year.

Anyway, just been out to pay a bill on paypalpluszone or what ever it is called and it is breezy but mild, some very light rain has been evident though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Lovely day today, certainly lifted my spirit. Been poorly for afew days (1st time I've taken sick leave from work in years). There's only so many boxed sets one can watch! So potted about in the garden enjoying some Vitamin D sunshine. Best to all, have a nice rest of the evening :-)

Edited by Alixzandra
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

been another beautiful day here and long may it last

• Like 4

Posted

monday

Posted Image

a chilly north east flow

looks like a cloudy day in the morning slowly brightening up in the afternoon

should stay dry

temps

Posted Image

quite a quick drop from sunday

10-12 degrees and feeling chilly in the breeze

tuesday to follow

• Like 2

Posted

I got aNew iphone last week but didn't want the5s coz of the finger print part so got a 5c gladI did now lol P.s hopeYour finger gets better :)

Thanks.. Yes my thumb is fine now. My son thought he would do me a favour and close the back car door. Unknown to him my thumb was still there.... Ouch ha
  • Like 1

Posted

thanks John :)

chilly now, just in from dog walk and needed my hood up.  Posted Image 

got to go to nothwood in next few weeks. last year when i went it was snowing. so hoping not to jinx this spring like weather when i go next.

MK, i will try take pics of the St James' squiggles tomorrow morning. St James park is in full bloom now and the pelicans are looking splendid as they lounge about in the morning sun :)

8C on my station, but wind chill is making it feel lower. (not that my station is accurate anyway) feels more like 2C out there when walked dog just now :)

• Like 5

Posted

heres a double ramp

control run

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now gfs 12z run

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

just to cater to all tastes Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hey JP.... May I ask for the second ramp.....Just one day will do me fine. Then back to warm and sunny weather. Please? Ha
  • Like 1

Posted

Evening all

I've been up north all this week, so I have been missing the improving spring like weather you have been having in the SE, I am hoping to get my share when I head even further South tomorrow.  Harrogate managed to hit 11 degrees today according to my car, and although there are crocuses out every where it does not feel the better weather has reached Yorkshire yet. Driving down to Southend this afternoon I did get 16 degrees as I reached Cambridgshire, before the sun began to drop...  the wife said it was 24 degrees in SW France today, I hope they can hang on to it until I get there tomorrow afternoon :-)

Take care one and all

FC

• Like 4

Posted

heres tuesday

after a cold monday night

Posted Image

totally dry

temps

Posted Image

feeling a shade chilly

under an easterly flow

now it looks like temps tagged north to north east of our region 8-10 degrees (low cloud)

further south 10-13 degrees again all cloud related

although the location of the high pressure will effect temps and cloudcover and could still shift over the next few runs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ukmo for wednesday

Posted Image

Posted Image

a shade warmer but again cloud may be an issue

nice and dry again though

overall pretty nice Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Feeling tired now, just watched the flooding thing on C4  (That is not to blame for my tiredness)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Fantastic news, BB - hope it keeps getting better! It's certainly been a very fine day here for early March - not quite as glorious as yesterday, but no complaints - so my girls did get a lovely sunny day for their birthday (for the first time since I can remember...)  Enjoy the weekend, everyone - this forum seems to be a happy place since the sun came out...

• Like 6

Posted

i am going to have an early night Posted ImagePosted Image

take care all and talk tomorrow

goodnight Posted ImagePosted Image

slow poke, errrr I mean good night :lol:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Thanks.. Yes my thumb is fine now. My son thought he would do me a favour and close the back car door. Unknown to him my thumb was still there.... Ouch ha

Ah, the perils/love of children helping, bless em. My Daughter came on a jaunt to the garden centre afew months ago. Upon loading the boot with my goodies, Daughter helpfully slammed the boot shut, without considering spatial awareness, and my head still very near to the boot....It hit me right to the side of my head full on, Everyone else panicked as I wandered to the passenger side murmuring, it's all fine, I'm fine! Blood trickling down my face. I wanted to make light of it, so as to not make her feel bad, but their faces and other people in the car park looked otherwise! Now, when we go shopping, I joke, your not gonner knock me out again are you?! Edited by Alixzandra
  • Like 3

Posted

sooooo glad I do not have children Posted Image

Do not get me wrong I love kids, and would have given almost anything  to have my own, watched four die pre-birth.

Edited by Jax