Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Cold and icy in Lisburn at 7am this morning.  Road over the White Mountain to Dundrod was clear apart from some sleet.  Wednesday afternoon into Thursday may give some suprise snowfalls even to lower levels.

Some heavy sleet showers yesterday with massive snow flakes, biggest I have seen in a long time.

Weather this week looks interesting, everything but the kitchen sink in the mix.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Or you could turned the device upside down storm but u do love your yoga positions

pom, I like any position. :D

also I am very jealous, there must be over an inch of snow there, all we got here was black ice. :doh:

Edited by stormforce 10
  • Like 1

Aye pomeroy you have quite a bit of elevation for u to do well out of this. However low lying areas will have to play a waiting game to see what transpires nearer the time. However I firmly believe that anyone in elevation over 80-100 metres might get a few surprises thrown at them. It does not take much for snowfall in these situations just a little ASLEEP and I think this elevation will be the jackpot.

Elevation that was not asleep

• Like 1

Posted

Aye pomeroy you have quite a bit of elevation for u to do well out of this. However low lying areas will have to play a waiting game to see what transpires nearer the time. However I firmly believe that anyone in elevation over 80-100 metres might get a few surprises thrown at them. It does not take much for snowfall in these situations just a little ASLEEP and I think this elevation will be the jackpot.

Elevation that was not asleep

That sucks Neiller, i'm at 70m asl lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Don't worry Storm you will get your fill of snow (I hope)

yep I think wednesday to saturday is of main interest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Went for a drive around the sperrins today not a lot of snow around was a bit disappointed only took one photo.

I also noticed the waves were nice and big at castle rock so I went onto the beach to have a look and something bad happened lol.

post-20812-0-42874600-1418054670_thumb.j

post-20812-0-34884900-1418054737_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

I drive a mondeo too Gary, they are brilliant in the snow

They're not so good on sand though lol. I have winter tyres fitted I'm just waiting on the snow to go with them lol

• Like 1

Posted

hills got quite a covering last nite. slieve beaghs brilliant white even at dusk. sperrins completely white all day too. still some snow on the roads above 200mts this eve. great start to an interesting week!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A nice dry,cold, crisp, bright day here today,my coldest max day so far 4.3c.

• Like 1

Posted

Been following the output for this weekend PS, at best for us this side will be cold rain, and maybe some sleet, but if the current trend is correct, just that! No chance of lying snow at my latitude/altitude/longitude!!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Winter is definitely not over lol. I would like to see lying snow but at my elevation i doubt I'll see much this week unless I go looking for it.

Edited by gary1365