Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Regional threads - changes for summer?

Paul

It's worth a trial period, Anybody know any Welsh....'Mae hi'n bwrw glaw' Means, 'it's raining' :friends: Why not ! :good:

Mae'n llawer o pobl yn Net Weather yn siarad Cymraeg i safon gwahanol, Dw i'n siarad Cymraeg i safon canolradd. Does dim amser i fi yn cytuno mwy Cymraeg yr Heno bryd.

A lot of people in Net Weather speak Welsh to different levels, I speak Welsh to intermediate level, I haven't got the time to continue learning Welsh at the moment.

Glaw = Rain, Eira = Snow, Eirlaw = Sleet, Ysbeidiau Heulog = Sunny Intervals,  Rhew = Frost, Cawodydd = Showers, Heulog = Sunny

Edited by J10
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Mae'n llawer o pobl yn Net Weather yn siarad Cymraeg i safon gwahanol, Dw i'n siarad Cymraeg i safon canolradd. Does dim amser i fi yn cytuno mwy Cymraeg yr Heno bydd.

A lot of people in Net Weather speak Welsh to different levels, I speak Welsh to intermediate level, I haven't got the time to continue learning Welsh at the moment.

Glaw = Rain, Eira = Snow, Eirlaw = Sleet, Ysbeidiau Heulog = Sunny Intervals,  Rhew = Frost, Cawodydd = Showers, Heulog = Sunny

:shok: OK! OK! OK! Slow Down ..lol!, i'm impressed :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Good one Paul, What about  Wales and the South West of England :cc_confused:

Yes....Wales with SW would be good. As to the rest of Paul's suggestion.....yup, that's fine I reckon. :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Wales and western England (Lancs, all the counties bordering Wales, Birmingham, Staffs, Worcs, Wiltshire, Dorset and the SW peninsula).

Far northern England- Cumbria, Northumberland, Durham

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and east Midlands; Derbys Leics and Notts

Southeast (the rest)

Posted

As someone who has lived in many of the areas of the UK and knows to some extent who's weather is similar, I go with;

Wales/southwest/midlands

Ireland x 2

Scotland/ the ceneral and east coast areas of England

East anglia/home counties/london/south east

Edited by tadpole
  • Like 1

As someone who has lived in many of the areas of the UK and knows to some extent who's weather is similar, I go with;

Wales/southwest/midlands

Ireland x 2

Scotland/ the ceneral and east coast areas of England

East anglia/home counties/london/south east

What about the North West of England?

Posted

I used to do weather forecasts in Welsh on this site, so my knowledge of Welsh weather terms is pretty good.

My Wife speaks; English,Spanish,French,Italian and German and can change from one to another at a flip of a coin.... Always impressed with people who speak the lingo :)

• Like 1

My Wife speaks; English,Spanish,French,Italian and German and can change from one to another at a flip of a coin.... Always impressed with people who speak the lingo :)

Diolch

I speak 4 languages English, Welsh (a bit), Gibberish and Double Dutch, and most of the fourm will know the last 2. :rofl:

I have also done today's weather summary in English ac Cymraeg http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80197-monday-5th-may-general-weather-chat/page-2#entry2964901

Posted

The wife does know a sixth one! but i try to ignore that one, it always seems when i've had one to many :drunk::whistling: lol!

Sorry off topic! i'll stop it now :good:

Posted

Ok, so hopefully this is a workable suggestion that we can put in place if the majority are happy..

1. Scotland, the far North of England 

2. EIRE and Northern Ireland

3. Rest of Northern England (to include Lincs and Yorks)

4. Wales, The Midlands, Southwest England

5. Southeast England, Central Southern England & East Anglia

They could in theory become 'permanent' larger regions which would be split out into smaller regions as needed - ie during severe weather events and during the generally busier times such as winter. Hopefully this then offers the best of both worlds for people - a laid back, mini community for day-to-day weathery chat and the like, lots of local info and more people to talk to for the quieter regions currently. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

surely Ireland is a 'quieter region' ..   during all this excitement .. no posts for 4 days .. ! How do we get more people to talk to ?

detain them for a long weekend ?

Posted

surely Ireland is a 'quieter region' ..   during all this excitement .. no posts for 4 days .. ! How do we get more people to talk to ?

Very much the same in the south west thread. Perhaps being loquacious is a genetic condition peculiar to the south east. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Posted

You're right, it is another quiet one - tricky to fold it into other regions though really as then you're talking very big areas geographically. I think we'll probably just have to see how it goes and take it from there.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Suits me, I deal with both the Midlands and Wales as my areas of special interest so thats great Paul :)

• Like 1

Posted

Ok, so hopefully this is a workable suggestion that we can put in place if the majority are happy..

1. Scotland, the far North of England 

2. EIRE and Northern Ireland

3. Rest of Northern England (to include Lincs and Yorks)

4. Wales, The Midlands, Southwest England

5. Southeast England, Central Southern England & East Anglia

They could in theory become 'permanent' larger regions which would be split out into smaller regions as needed - ie during severe weather events and during the generally busier times such as winter. Hopefully this then offers the best of both worlds for people - a laid back, mini community for day-to-day weathery chat and the like, lots of local info and more people to talk to for the quieter regions currently. 

Other's are mentioning that Ireland is a 'quieter region and how do we get more people to talk, i would combine 1 and 2 and this may encourage other's to post more often!

If there's more of a combined community it can only be a good thing!

But then again i understand when you say " you're talking very big areas geographically" It's a difficult balancing act for sure.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

yes mate im happy with that should make the thread a lot more busier, the far north england thread at the moment is so slow i think there is only three of us who post regular 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Quick question, will these remain open all year or is it just weather events only?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Quick question, will these remain open all year or is it just weather events only?

Regional threads will be open in some form throughout the year, providing this idea works. These are just for quiet periods, they will be broken down into the smaller regions again when it's necessary.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Those regional splits look good to me, thanks for all the (extra) work your putting in at the moment Paul (and the team).

• Like 3

Posted

Regional threads will be open in some form throughout the year, providing this idea works. These are just for quiet periods, they will be broken down into the smaller regions again when it's necessary.

Purely my own opinion but I would have thought it perfectly acceptable for them to remain as they are and not broken down at all. But I stress I have no strong feelings about this and will just go with the flow.

• Like 1