Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 5th June 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a real quickie as I have to dash out to work and haven't got time to peruse the models, but here's 4 charts from the hi-res 00z NMM which might interest elevated storm fans in southern england...

post-4149-0-66997200-1402045340_thumb.pnpost-4149-0-22547300-1402045352_thumb.pnpost-4149-0-51132100-1402045365_thumb.pnpost-4149-0-08793700-1402045383_thumb.pn

my analysis?...........

.....Me Likey Lots!!

El Grande Tempesto is coming!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

a real quickie as I have to dash out to work and haven't got time to peruse the models, but here's 4 charts from the hi-res 00z NMM which might interest elevated storm fans in southern england...

Posted Image1.pngPosted Image2.pngPosted Image3.pngPosted Image4.png

my analysis?...........

.....Me Likey Lots!!

Looks total rubbish for me however that is in the morning not overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Posted Image1.pngPosted Image2.pngPosted Image3.pngPosted Image4.png

my analysis?...........

.....Me Likey Lots!!

According to the storm forecasts for here it's not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looks total rubbish for me however that is in the morning not overnight.

According to the storm forecasts for here it's not

read the posts again chaps!

Will, you must be looking at model outputs that I'm not, as we have a cold front engaging a high theta-e plume advected along it during very early saturday morning with steep mid level lapse rates, high precipitable water content, and several hundred joules of elevated convective energy potentially to be released in an increasingly unstable elevated layer......looks rather good to me!

Paul, my post is geared towards, and states it's for,  southern England tomorrow morning, not oooop north 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Arrrrrggghh Carol Kirkwood just used the 'H' word regarding thunderstorms.

I really can't think of what word Carol Kirkwood would use regarding the word 'H'...... Holy moley!, "holy crap!" even...H-bomb! maybe :shok: Any guesses? :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Cold front moving through faster has thrown a real spanner in thw work s it seems

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Cold front moving through faster has thrown a real spanner in thw work s it seems

Spotted the signs after the 12z GFS yesterday. If only it could have held off further west until later tomorrow....we could have had some real fun. In truth, the plume has no time to establish before the cold front pushes it all away.

• Like 1

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my analysis?...........

.....Me Likey Lots!!

Looks like there's still a chance of us seeing something then Aj :)

I still don't think we'll know what specific locations are going to get anything until it's here, the areas with the heaviest precip may fall is still changes dramatically from run to run.

Looks like some places that do see the worst of the storms could see a problem with flash floods. 70-80mm in a few spots over the next 48 hours, most falling in a very short timeframe.

Posted Image

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted

Well in a nutshell most of my life and when one comes along shut curtains turn up the volume on tv to very high levels turn light on and sit in one position and wait it out

Hmmm, similar to me, do you have sky, cable or standard tv through aerial I had sky installed to avoid an aerial on the roof!!! 

I unplug everything electrial except Sky tv, turn mirrors around, and basically sit there terrified!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

I remain optimistic about all this. Last months mega-storm ( :crazy:) was supported in less than 400j/kg MLCAPE. I am taking the charts with a pinch of salt. Who knows what will happen, as is always the case with moisture injecting from a plume.

• Like 2

Posted

read the posts again chaps!

Will, you must be looking at model outputs that I'm not, as we have a cold front engaging a high theta-e plume advected along it during very early saturday morning with steep mid level lapse rates, high precipitable water content, and several hundred joules of elevated convective energy potentially to be released in an increasingly unstable elevated layer......looks rather good to me!

Paul, my post is geared towards, and states it's for,  southern England tomorrow morning, not oooop north 

Yes, I can see that AJ. But, it's not really over me it's more your way towards Dorset and Somerset.

I really can't think of what word Carol Kirkwood would use regarding the word 'H'...... Holy moley!, "holy crap!" even...H-bomb! maybe :shok: Any guesses? :wink:

Humdingers?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Hi all,

What time should we expect things to kick off tonight in the South West? I would like to see some lightning but have to go to sleep at some point as I have work tomorrow, no idea whether to stay up late or get up early??? Or both and struggle through work lol. :)

Many Thanks

Posted

Spotted the signs after the 12z GFS yesterday. If only it could have held off further west until later tomorrow....we could have had some real fun. In truth, the plume has no time to establish before the cold front pushes it all away.

morning mate, I'm not seeing it that way....FAX charts don't show the cold front moving though quicker.....00z FAX for midnight shows CF straddling Cornwall across to Ireland with a trough across southern England, this trough will destabilize to give elevated convection/storms in this area, and then at 12z tomorrow the CF straddling the welsh borders down to the south coast which is pretty much where we've been for the past couple of days. Also cast your eyes further south as a frontal wave forms along the CF over Biscay, this will probably if verified slow down the progress of the CF as it traverses the UK

• Like 3

Posted

Can see a tiny bit of altocumulus castellanus cloud to the SSE of here now.

• Like 1

Posted

We'll probably see where the Metoffice think has the most possibility for severe weather when they update the warnings in due course.

morning mate, I'm not seeing it that way....FAX charts don't show the cold front moving though quicker.....00z FAX for midnight shows CF straddling Cornwall across to Ireland with a trough across southern England, this trough will destabilize to give elevated convection/storms in this area, and then at 12z tomorrow the CF straddling the welsh borders down to the south coast which is pretty much where we've been for the past couple of days. Also cast your eyes further south as a frontal wave forms along the CF over Biscay, this will probably if verified slow down the progress of the CF as it traverses the UK

You're probably right mate. Just a bit deflated as to how much the CAPE has withered on the GFS....but then again it should probably be expected with the GFS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I have been searching around other weather forecast sites and mostly found anything from drizzle to heavy rain for my location not really any mention of the T word let alone 'severe'. Will get up early tomorrow though, just in case. No doubt my magpie alarm will wake me again, hopefully it will get struck by lightening

• Like 2

Posted

We'll probably see where the Metoffice think has the most possibility for severe weather when they update the warnings in due course.

You're probably right mate. Just a bit deflated as to how much the CAPE has withered on the GFS....but then again it should probably be expected with the GFS.

radar watching is the name of the game mate.....GFS is prob not the best model to watch at T24/36....chin up, I'm sure you'll get a cracker tomorrow  :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

read the posts again chaps! Will, you must be looking at model outputs that I'm not, as we have a cold front engaging a high theta-e plume advected along it during very early saturday morning with steep mid level lapse rates, high precipitable water content, and several hundred joules of elevated convective energy potentially to be released in an increasingly unstable elevated layer......looks rather good to me! Paul, my post is geared towards, and states it's for,  southern England tomorrow morning, not oooop north

That's favouritism n i am reporting you to the mods!!!!!! Lol

Posted

Ahhh! you maybe right there young will.... I thought it maybe horrendous! but yes that's the kind of word (Humdingers) Carol Kirkwood would use :good:

Still i would love them to come on one day, take a look at the screen and just say 'Holy crap' :rofl:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

That's favouritism n i am reporting you to the mods!!!!!! Lol

here's 20 pence, now go phone someone who gives a damn, old bean  :laugh:

you'll get a storm tomorrow Paul, trust me, I'll somehow make it happen....if only to shut you up  :p  :p  :laugh:

• Like 4

Posted

radar watching is the name of the game mate.....GFS is prob not the best model to watch at T24/36....chin up, I'm sure you'll get a cracker tomorrow  :good:

If not it'll be

El Tantrumo

• Like 4

Posted

If not it'll be

El Tantrumo

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

06Z GFS seems to have downgraded CAPE values again.

Sure has. Those warm uppers are dwindling fast. Those rainfall rates look insane in some areas however

Posted Image