Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Tomorrow onwards is meant to get back very cold - will the showers and snow follow - and heavy enough to settle...that is the question.

Hope this week brings us warm spring like days, I can brush off the BBQ and crack open an ice cold beer then.  :yahoo:

Edited by Gee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

I don't know which winter has been more frustrating.last winter it was awful,no chance of snow at all...but at least we knew it wasn't coming.

this winter has had to best of my memory 5 or 6 yellow warnings for snow and the best I i have seen is about a cm of snow.

I'm just wondering if this is the winter of "so close but yet so far" but a few weeks to go so no loosing hope just yet!

• Like 2

My take of the EURO4 above is slightly different and I think it oozes potential, heavy precipitation seem likely in streamers , 850hPa uppers are for the most parts -6 to -7c.Dewpoints 1c to -2c Thicknesses dropping from sub 528 to sub 522,

although the lack of dewpoint details is again disappointing.

If we can get snow at sea level today then with "uppers" of -3c , some snow tomorrow is more likely, Will it settle, perhaps in heavier bursts and up here at 160m a decent chance.

The conditions are better for Sunday even if currently it looks drier However back for 17 December 2010 it said the same thing. (in terms of lack of precipation)   :whistling:

I seem to recall having very similar discussion and though back in 2009 and 2010. Hopefully the outcomes will match those occasions and not such much the latter day ones.

Edited by J10

Posted

As usual, Andy is quiet because hes keeping the snow to himself LOL.

mine got washed away overnight - still had a decent covering for a while - waiting for the next lot now - flipping cold up here - anything that falls should be snow

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of heavy snow showers rattling through here tonight  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

Some settling snow in Pontlottyn - top of Rhymney Valley - now starting in Bargoed - bit of a surprise I must say  :yahoo: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Colder than last night at 1.0c with ice but with rain/sleet showers

Posted

Friends up the road in Blackwood with a good covering of snow, before the shower dies on the doorstep of Newport. This winter summed up! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

It's as if the ground is saying snow on me, ground bone dry now (haven't seen it like that for a while), gonna do a quick cloud check then lamp-post check :D

Posted

Hi all. 

Been lurking on here all winter. Thought I'd join as there's a chance of some real winter weather the next few days. Invested in a new weather station too (I did have an Oregon, but it wasn't connected to the internet), which is linked down below. 

Can still see the stars at the moment but hoping to catch a shower (preferably snow!). Much colder tonight than last night. 

Good luck all on our snow quest :)

Edited by Rich0594
  • Like 1

Posted

A few people will have a nice surprise by morning quite a few showers around must be a good covering in NE Wales ,and welcome Rich to the snow chases club.

• Like 1

Posted

A few people will have a nice surprise by morning quite a few showers around must be a good covering in NE Wales ,and welcome Rich to the snow chases club.

Posted

Hope the NE of Wales have got a good covering off that little band/ big shower moving SE. Midlands should take quite a hit I would think- elsewhere SW Wales should do well with showers over night but not sure of the temps that way. Here in the SE showers look to be getting most of their energy sapped by the beacons. Been a really clear and chilly night here with a thick ground frost. Perfect for snow, but not much around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Feels much colder tonight, clear skies, tidy frost. Hoping we may get some ppn throughout the night. Please weather gods, just a sprinkling will do. :)

Posted

Just torrential sleety rain showers here in north east Powys. I think its very marginal, elevation is going to be key in tonight's setup.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hope the NE of Wales have got a good covering off that little band/ big shower moving SE. Midlands should take quite a hit I would think- elsewhere SW Wales should do well with showers over night but not sure of the temps that way. Here in the SE showers look to be getting most of their energy sapped by the beacons. Been a really clear and chilly night here with a thick ground frost. Perfect for snow, but not much around!

Places with elevation probably did well...down here sadly, a slushy sloppy horrible mess.

• Like 1

Posted

Places with elevation probably did well...down here sadly, a slushy sloppy horrible mess.

That's disappointing :( I guess the Irish sea doesn't help you, a bit like how the Bristol channel makes us a bit too marginal as well.