Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

If somewhere stays above 15.9c overnight it will be the warmest November night on record

16.0c here and rising slowly

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

If somewhere stays above 15.9c overnight it will be the warmest November night on record

16.0c here and rising slowly

These temps not unusual for a summer evening at 10pm, i'm sure late July was colder

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

15.0c here, very mild for this time on a November night, even feels pleasant outside! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Incredible. Some places near 17c according to xc weather. Considering in July some were facing the prospect of frost, our seasons really seem upside down!!!!

However whilst it has been dull it hasn't been that wet for the majority of us. Yes it has rained most days but not large quantities. Only windward facing mountains seem to be getting large totals. But it's not a washout for most of us so certainly could be worse.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

These temps not unusual for a summer evening at 10pm, I'm sure late July was colder

They were cooler on frequent occasions throughout the summer our seasons just seem totally to pot the past few years I've got some aubretia in flower already it shouldn't be flowering till March

16.2c now and still rising slowly
Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wonder what Richard in Aberdeen thinks? At least records are attempting to be broken! Agreed Scott, it might not be very sunny but it's really interesting to see if records go. It's so warm here I might put my fan on tonight! Never done that in November before!

• Like 1

Posted

Temp creeping up a bit, 15.4c now. 

Posted

Incredible. Some places near 17c according to xc weather. Considering in July some were facing the prospect of frost, our seasons really seem upside down!!!!

However whilst it has been dull it hasn't been that wet for the majority of us. Yes it has rained most days but not large quantities. Only windward facing mountains seem to be getting large totals. But it's not a washout for most of us so certainly could be worse.

Don't agree with that, a lot of places have recieved heavy rainfall with mainly southern and Eastern areas escaping to an extent. I got to say, since moving location, I can definately see the huge difference what a moist SW'ly can do and today's radar just says it all. It was even bright if not some sunshine in the North East today whilst here, its been dull and wet and sunshine has been lacking around here for the last 2 weeks now. I can't recall the sun being out for any length of time around here and its been at night whenever any clear spells actually occur. 

Hopefully I will see the benefits of convective weather from a polar airmass coming in from the Atlantic on friday though! 

Posted

Don't agree with that, a lot of places have recieved heavy rainfall with mainly southern and Eastern areas escaping to an extent. I got to say, since moving location, I can definately see the huge difference what a moist SW'ly can do and today's radar just says it all. It was even bright if not some sunshine in the North East today whilst here, its been dull and wet and sunshine has been lacking around here for the last 2 weeks now. I can't recall the sun being out for any length of time around here and its been at night whenever any clear spells actually occur. 

Hopefully I will see the benefits of convective weather from a polar airmass coming in from the Atlantic on friday though!

Come on you have pretty much confirmed what I have said elsewhere on this forum. Seems no one can agree with me tonight on here. Many of us live south and east of our mountains and hence have not been too wet. I have said it has been rather dull and you have seen that in morecambe too. In morecambe I'm not surprised you are getting more rain right on the coast. Maybe I should detail western coasts/counties and western mountains in future to avoid being constantly disagreed with on this. For the vast majority of the population, I.e eastern Scotland, be England, Midlands, east anglia and the south, it has been damp but not a washout. What I have been trying to say elsewhere on this forum all along....

Posted

16.3C at 11.30pm in November. Exceptional temperatures at the moment considering its only 1.4C off the record high maximum.

Posted

I don't know if its me but if anything, the temps have risen this evening and tonight especially in the East so there is a good chance of the record being broken in quite a few spots tonight.

Its not all that unusual though and even during winter, if you get a mild SW'ly, you can have night temps of 13/14C with a blustery wind which actually feels pleasant and warm as long as its not raining. 

It been a more interesting Autumn but if there is something this Autumn is lacking, it is a proper polar maritime spell. I do wonder how high SST's are at the moment?

Posted

I haven't checked ssts for a while though a good chance they are above what they should be for the time of year with so much air sourced from warmer origins.

Only problem with this weather is when it rains and you need a coat, you sweat loads. Conversely, without you end up like a wet dog still. Lol.

Posted

Been out and I swear it's even warmer than at 6pm when it was 14C. It doesn't feel like a July night really though, thanks to 2015's omnipresent gusty wind.

These temps are noteworthy, but the lack of sunshine this month is really ruining it. Only one day (Saturday) with any sun at all for November.

• Like 1

Posted

But contrary to some opinions it has not been a warm autumn. September was the coldest for quite a while and October was only a touch above thanks to the last 2 days. A very mild spell is part of an average Autumn. It has just turned out to be an exceptionally mild one.

If only the average Autumn had been due to a warm September and cool November, then it would have been much better.

Tonight isn't too exceptional here, it's currently 14.4C but we had slightly warmer into the 7th at around 15C, and 15-16C at night into the 30th Oct.

It reached 17.1C on the 7th which was notable but today's (daytime) 14.1C maxima under cloud and a brisk breeze felt a bit chilly in comparison lol. 

However looking at my 2007 onwards data, many Novembers here reach around 16C, with at least one or two nights in the 13-15C range.  

We haven't beaten 2010 when both the 4th and 5th had maxima of 18.3C and minima 14-15C, but the persistence of this mildness is quite notable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Only 15.1°C here, feeling left out :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

This weather is even worse than the foggy stuff we had a week ago. Wind is very annoying.

Please fog, come back. All is forgiven.

Ugh, I suspect I'll be unhappy with the weather until March if this rubbish continues. I should join Nick L in America, lol.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Can someone tell me when summer starts?

Posted

Looking at The temps around the UK at dawn and there is quite a few 15-16c with Hawarden @ 17c... Has it been a record breaker? 

14.3c here, still breezy and the rain has returned. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

15C at 7am, warmer than quite a few summer mornings, infact warmer than most of late August normally is at 7am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The UK highest minimum record for November is 15.9c, was that beaten last night does anybody know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Murlough in Co. Down didn't drop below 16.1C breaking the November overnight record

Barmy...or should that be balmy?