Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum upgrade - info, bugs, support

Paul

Posted

I agree with previous posts about the status updates not being fully readable without visiting the member's profile.

A few minutes ago I posted in my regional thread and had typed the temperature. Accidently hovering my cursor on the typed Celsius figure brought up a pop up which displayed the comparative Fahrenheit figure. Is that a new feature of this? If so it's clever.

Regarding skins, I hope a Christmas one is available soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Thanks, it should hopefully be working better now :)

Thanks Paul.Just tried again and it worked! Thanks for the speedy reply and help!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I agree with previous posts about the status updates not being fully readable without visiting the member's profile.

A few minutes ago I posted in my regional thread and had typed the temperature. Accidently hovering my cursor on the typed Celsius figure brought up a pop up which displayed the comparative Fahrenheit figure. Is that a new feature of this? If so it's clever.

Regarding skins, I hope a Christmas one is available soon.

Would love to claim credit, but think that may be something in your browser!

Xmas skin should be up in the next week, I hope :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Like the modernistic update to the forum, agree about the splash of colour that some have mentioned, but a top job! :clap:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Any chance of getting the text spacing fixed others posts may get rather long.

temp

barometer

humidity

ave wind speed

max gust

rainfall

etc

etc

This takes 16 lines rather than 8

Posted

Noticed the login button has been fixed.

Please change the default behavior for text lines pretty please.  Also disable the notifications as some browsers won't let you disable it. Bloomin annoying popup.

Noticed that you can't browse the emoticon but only search by name and I doubt anybody knows every single name... I don't know the name for the one with tumbs up.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Please change the default behavior for text lines pretty please.  Also disable the notifications as some browsers won't let you disable it. Bloomin annoying popup.

Noticed that you can't browse the emoticon but only search by name and I doubt anybody knows every single name...

If you click the emoticon icon, then categories, and then Emoticons again, it shows them all. 

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
6 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Noticed that you can't browse the emoticon but only search by name and I doubt anybody knows every single name... I don't know the name for the one with tumbs up.

Yep, login button was fixed yesterday as it had the wrong colour text. In all honesty the notifications are very useful and lots of people appreciate them, so it's not something I think we'd switch off just because the odd, very small scale browser doesn't save a setting - it's really something I'd email them about if I were using one. 

If you click the emoticon categories at the top, and select one (the only one at the moment!), it'll show them all. 

The line breaks are a pretty natural way of typing within online editors these days, we'll see how it goes though. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Yep, login button was fixed yesterday as it had the wrong colour text. In all honesty the notifications are very useful and lots of people appreciate them, so it's not something I think we'd switch off just because the odd, very small scale browser doesn't save a setting - it's really something I'd email them about if I were using one. 

The line breaks are a pretty natural way of typing within online editors these days, we'll see how it goes though. 

Disabled the annoying notification by right clicking on home page of the forum and then blocked it.  The odd browser is firefox 64bit which isn't very small. The notifications doesn't popup at all in IE11 with default settings nor on the edge browser so the annoyance is with Firefox based browsers.

Line breaks haven't see it on any other forum I go on bar this one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
8 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Line breaks haven't see it on any other forum I go on bar this one.

I can understand that it may be annoying for some folks but, I think its common practice now, such as using it in applications like Word/Powerpoint/DTP - Enter is a new paragraph, and Shift + Enter is a line break. The former works fine on this forum. :)

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this so it must just be me but  on the homepage where the list of topics most recently posted on is, there's nothing listed and hasn't been since the update, so I have to go the long way round to view the MOD.  I'm on androids default web browser on a Samsung Galaxy S5 by the way. 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this so it must just be me but  on the homepage where the list of topics most recently posted on is, there's nothing listed and hasn't been since the update, so I have to go the long way round to view the MOD.  I'm on androids default web browser on a Samsung Galaxy S5 by the way. 

They'll be back soon - hopefully this evening :) 

8 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

Please remove this post if needed but I've looked all over the gallery and can't find my old profile picture I uploaded?

Not sure, but you can upload direct from your profile now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but the box frame where you type your replies is invisible so you pretty much have to guess where the box is with your mouse, also the lack of timestamp (posted 11hours ago) is a bit confusing. Personally I preferred knowing what time replies were posted rather than having to do some maths to work it out.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I can understand that it may be annoying for some folks but, I think its common practice now, such as using it in applications like Word/Powerpoint/DTP - Enter is a new paragraph, and Shift + Enter is a line break. The former works fine on this forum. :)

I'll just make long posts them.

In word you can turn that option off. Also this is a forum and not a word document or a letter now wheres those smilies.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
10 minutes ago, geordiekev said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but the box frame where you type your replies is invisible so you pretty much have to guess where the box is with your mouse, also the lack of timestamp (posted 11hours ago) is a bit confusing. Personally I preferred knowing what time replies were posted rather than having to do some maths to work it out.

I think it's been like that for years hasn't it - relative timestamps on day 1, then real timestamps after that?

Posted

Post counts!
Yes these have changed, some up, some down.. This is because they've been recounted, and now don't include posts made which have subsequently been pruned from the database (up to around 2011 we used to have to do this to keep the size of the db down). 

They also now include other content within the count, gallery images, status updates, blog entries etc. They're essentially a content count rather than solely just a post count. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I'm back, but still had to reset my password...

Basic question Pete wont your browser remember your pw?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, phil nw. said:

Basic question Pete wont your browser remember your pw?

It remembered the test one that paul gave me...