Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still about 20c at nearly 10pm. Still sitting outside comfortably in t shirt and shorts. Bliss. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

22.8c here today was the highest maximum in the first 10 days of May since 2006 when 22.9c was reached on the 4th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Still about 20c at nearly 10pm. Still sitting outside comfortably in t shirt and shorts. Bliss. :D

agree but wouldn't fancy this synoptic setup say at Wimbledon, would be too hot, infact it's probably similar setup to last Wimbledon 30th june-01 july

Posted

Any reports from under the rogue shower that seems to be heading our way? Looks like it's currently Tamworth/ Burton area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

few spits only here, but wth? thought sunny from word go today? 

My understanding was that today would see some showers (and maybe even thundery activity?) moving up from the south. We've gone overcast here in Malvern and it feels rather sultry and still.

Edited to add: ...and now big raindrops falling.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just fell short today 24.9c ...In all, another lovely day :)

Cloud incoming now....:closedeyes:

Posted

Surprising day in the end, was dull grey and quite cool on break in work this morning and I thought id be coming home to washout showers.

Instead mostly clear skies came in from the east at 4pm only gradually hazing over through the eve (grey again now) and shot up to 23.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another very warm day with a very sunny afternoon too. Very warm this evening still too. Fan on and windows open. :)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cloudy damp day here with drizzle in the last hour, Temp 13.2c

Moderate rain now at 1pm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Absolute washout yesterday, wettest day I can remember for sometime.

Looks like gradually improving this afternoon/tomorrow then back to the typical weekend pattern with 3 days of grot from the north/north east.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Yesterday was diabolically bad. The rain just kept on and on, very low cloud bases and poor light levels which gave the day a November look.

Today at 7.50am has not started promisingly, desperately poor light levels akin to the worst days of December 2015, when hibernation was an appealing idea to escape the wretched gloom.

Talk about being punished for a few lovely days...bring on the northerlies if it means an end to this grotty and gloomy wet crud.

Posted

Grotty miserable day again, no daylight or sunshine with rain on and off again.

Posted

Tomorrow is looking glorious and I think around here could be one of the warmest spots too. Lots of sunshine to look forward too. Downhill somewhat thereafter but thankfully the proper cold avoiding us and possibly back into the high teens next week. Not bad. Meanwhile 22 or even 23c possible tomorrow. :)

Posted

Absolutely fantastic day, high of 22.7c and barely a cloud in sight all day, luckily finished work slightly early so was in the garden by 4 :D

Of course weekend's arriving so stratocumulus mania along with it though hopefully the worst of the cloud can stay east of here!

Posted

Yesterday was outstanding. Really strong sun too. Tanning well now. 

Even today is alright so far with some good warm sunshine even though there is more cloud. :)

Posted

In fact it is now pretty clear overhead now so long warm sunny spells. Shame next week looks very 'meh' now. Hopefully get it out of the way before June kicks in! 

Posted
2 hours ago, Costa Del Fal said:

In fact it is now pretty clear overhead now so long warm sunny spells. Shame next week looks very 'meh' now. Hopefully get it out of the way before June kicks in! 

typical May, Whit week looks a shocker, 30th May to 4th June, 

Posted

Today wasn't as grotty as expected, reasonably bright with some spells of sun in the end high of 17c, unfortunately the muck properly arrived as I got home from work.

Fingers crossed cloud stays east of us this weekend, if it manages to might be decent-ish in the sun, next weekend a shocker, ^ 30th May is absolutely miles away yet but yeah Bank Hol = 2 atlantic low's minimum.

Posted

Surprisingly glorious day today, barely a cloud in sight all day and felt a lot warmer than 13c.

Posted
31 minutes ago, conor123 said:

Surprisingly glorious day today, barely a cloud in sight all day and felt a lot warmer than 13c.

yes same here, just, clearly most of the day an east/west split over me, unsettled skies to my east, blue skies to my west, so I had just inbetween, sun and cloud

Posted

Not gonna be as lucky today, swamps of cloud piling in already Cheshire Gap effect.

Posted

Glorious conditions here yet again. Wall to wall blue skies and sunshine and very warm. :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Glorious conditions here yet again. Wall to wall blue skies and sunshine and very warm. :)

good in the south of region then, skies been clear since 3pm ish, but the wind is nasty, cold and strong

Posted
6 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

good in the south of region then, skies been clear since 3pm ish, but the wind is nasty, cold and strong

Really was a cracker here. No issues with wind. Pershore with ~19c confirming how well our part of the region did on Monday. :) Much better day than I expected. Was expecting far more cloud!