Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Not going to be as sunny as it has been recently due to a slower start but cloud is breaking now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lovely day, reached a late high of 21.8c.

Much cloudier than previous days but always warming up,

Humid and sunny end to the day. 

Looks hot tomorrow!

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

Absolute belter of a start with a light breeze and clear skies breeze just cooling it down slightly

Posted

Unlike yesterday the North Sea murk is taking a long time to clear here today. Currently 11c, cool and cloudy. Will hopefully brighten up this afternoon.

Posted

Tentative signs of puffy clouds in distance to the south but we be dry probably rest of today at least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Glorious in Speyside, even had the feet in the river earlier (cold). 

Posted

Yes can see to the south clouds bubbling up.. Wouldn't rule out a Thundery Shower developing over Dumfries and Galloway and even a bit of Ayrshire and Lanarkshire this afternoon into this evening.. Forecast however says it should be dry but cloud getting closer..

Posted

The sun finally broke through around 2.30pm. Made no difference to the temperature though which has been stuck at 11c-12c all afternoon. Decidedly chilly out of the sun!

Posted

Very very warm.

Cloudless skies.

26.7c as a high. Currently just over 25c.... 

Summer has certainly arrived early this year. 

Love clear weather when the days are so long. Screw having this weather in September if we have had a poor May, June and mixed July etc. 

A broken leg does kind of limit how much i can get out an about but it is so much less boring being outside than stuck in all the time.

Posted

Just arrived in Seattle with work again! Very hot! About 32c at 4pm. 

Posted

Already pretty warm....

22.4c currently.

Last night was a warm one tbh.

Finally went dark at about 11:30pm. 

Might catch a shower or too later i think! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

I melts I does! Currently 22c up here and waaaaaaay too hot for me! Spent last week in Orkney, first weekend was sunny and, by Orkney standards, warm! Clouded over for the rest of the week and by Thursday we had rain and a wee breeze. Come Saturday the cloud disappeared, off course it did, we were going home! Back home to Scorchio and getting hotter daily. A few degrees drop in temp I could handle, and a nice wee breeze to keep the midges at bay wouldn't go amiss either! However, I know that some peeps on here are real sun worshippers, so you guys go and have a wee sunbathing session, I'll stay indoors where it's nice and cool! Enjoy!

Posted

Aye, it is warm MistyQueen.

Reached 27.2c here today, sitting at a humid 26.8c currently.

Sweat, sweat, sweat is how it feels.

Tomorrow looks cloudier and less sunny which might be nice tbh. 

Looks no less humid though and only marginally cooler

Posted

27C warmest day since July 2014, warmest June day since 2006. 9 consecutive days with temperatures above 20C the most since July 2013. 

It has been such a wonderful beginning to summer and much better than what we've had to endure in recent years. 2013 had a decent start, and late May 2012 was very good but it's been difficult to have sustained warm and dry conditions before the solstice. I always find fairer weather to be better at this time of year with the longer days.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, A Winter's Tale said:

27C warmest day since July 2014, warmest June day since 2006. 9 consecutive days with temperatures above 20C the most since July 2013. 

It has been such a wonderful beginning to summer and much better than what we've had to endure in recent years. 2013 had a decent start, and late May 2012 was very good but it's been difficult to have sustained warm and dry conditions before the solstice. I always find fairer weather to be better at this time of year with the longer days.

Sounds lovely! Unfortunately the continued dominance of high pressure to the north and the easterly regime means us east coasters are not sharing the warmth. Just 12c here despite some sun this afternoon. Haar is back again, central heating back on too!

Posted

Lots of storms around................to the south of me. Saw a brilliant thundercloud form to the east of me though wish I had got a pic of it

Posted

Well was gloriously sunny here yesterday once the cloud had burnt off, just not very warm in complete contrast to everywhere else on it mainland it appears! Think our temp maxed at about 16C.

Started off today with mist & fog, & we're included in the storm possibility later.

Plenty storms in central areas yesterday - I was in Strathyre on holiday just over a week ago - had I been there yesterday, good chance I may have caught one of those storms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Took this pic yesterday in Dumfries and hope there are many more today. Its hot hot hot even now which should bode well for thunderstorms :yahoo:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Huge anvil CB clouds visible from here to the south of Embra - going to get very wet i think - once a year we get this orographically induced storms off the southern uplands / pentlands and they are usually massive http://stv.tv/news/east-central/261748-edinburgh-hit-by-flash-flooding-after-sever-thunderstorms/

Posted

As Squall said... It was a very warm start to the day.

However, in the last hour or so it had clouded over.

Some light rain has been off and on.

Currently 21.5c and muggy.

FAR more confortable than yesterday, which was almost unpleasantly warm and muggy. Especially given the fact it didn't cool off until about 7pm and was warm by 9am again.

Posted

The cloud has obviously increased here but to be honest you can't exactly call it very threatning 

Posted

What a cracking wee spell we have had, warm sunshine for almost 3 weeks. Clouding over here, but not looking to amount to much as yet.

Blazing sunshine over in Cockenzie on Sunday.

WP_20160605_19_55_41_Pro.jpg

• Like 1