Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
12 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

what happened to the  30c the bbc was showing for several days? what happened to  mini heatwave that was predicted??

Models dropped the idea.

Posted
Just now, weatherguru14 said:

So people got mislead ONCE AGAIN??   So the people who may have thought of going abroad for  some warm weather. decide to stay in the UK and spend their money here??.

I don't understand why you always take it so personally. This heatwave was realistically looking shaky a few days ago, nobody promised a heatwave, merely mentioned it was a possibility shown by the numerical models. It isn't some conspiracy to mislead people.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

for fun, but bank holiday chart! plume nearly 40° in franceh850t850eu.png

but of course I don't believe 384 charts unless they're showing Atlantic air

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick L said:

I don't understand why you always take it so personally. This heatwave was realistically looking shaky a few days ago, nobody promised a heatwave, merely mentioned it was a possibility shown by the numerical models. It isn't some conspiracy to mislead people.

I don't like being mislead.. If like the bbc you are saying its going to be 30c  on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday.. and you are saying  this for several days leading upto it,. Just don't get it wrong..its simple. Its not   a matter of it being personal. Its a matter of not  leading people up the garden path.. Don't claim something until its actual factual.

Posted
1 minute ago, weatherguru14 said:

I don't like being mislead.. If like the bbc you are saying its going to be 30c  on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday.. and you are saying  this for several days leading upto it,. Just don't get it wrong..its simple. Its not   a matter of it being personal. Its a matter of not  leading people up the garden path.. Don't claim something until its actual factual.

They never said "it's going to be 30c", they mentioned it was a possibility. And "just don't get it wrong" - do you have even the slightest idea how complex weather forecasting is?!

• Like 2

Posted

They never said it was going to be 30c?? so the charts with 30c on it MEANS WHAT?.. It means   stick with us we are telling  the public something. STANDBY  to be let down once again..

As for weather forecast being complex. It is.. I will stick my hand into  a  hat and pick out next weeks weather.I will post a chart with  27c in  south wales.. Because that's what its showing.. I will then post that chart for 3 days. only to retract it  2 days prior to the day.,

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
55 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

what happened to the  30c the bbc was showing for several days? what happened to  mini heatwave that was predicted??

The models backtracked....as they sadly often do, this being the UK. Can't take good weather for granted, unfortunately. Of course, it doesn't help that some people on here whine about a heatwave like it's the end of the world and a week before it's actually due to start, like it's set in stone. The coming week looks ok though, quite warm with chances of a thunderstorm or two as a bonus. Not the settled weather many hope for but not bad by any means.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
33 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The models backtracked....as they sadly often do, this being the UK. Can't take good weather for granted, unfortunately. Of course, it doesn't help that some people on here whine about a heatwave like it's the end of the world and a week before it's actually due to start, like it's set in stone. The coming week looks ok though, quite warm with chances of a thunderstorm or two as a bonus. Not the settled weather many hope for but not bad by any means.

Decent for most of the week down south.

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Decent for most of the week down south.

Yes indeed, another warm and dry week to come (down south).. When will it ever end...:rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
4 hours ago, markyo said:

No heatwave on offer i'm afraid. And coat on?! Suppose the old and frail do need them at times......only joking:D

I was up a ladder at 300m in the pennines with driving rain and a stiff breeze,not particularly cold but a coat needed to keep relatively dry !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
3 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Yes indeed, another warm and dry week to come (down south).. When will it ever end...:rolleyes:

Hopefully until October :)
Yeah I know I have jinxed that now....

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

I was up a ladder at 300m in the pennines with driving rain and a stiff breeze,not particularly cold but a coat needed to keep relatively dry !

That a bloody long ladder.:D

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Place to be, down south.:good::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Place to be, down south.:good::rolleyes:

Its been another day above 25c down here, I have lost count now...

Another poor summer:oops:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Worth noting.. I posted this ensemble chart five days ago:

2016-08-08.png

The thick red line (control) was at 21.2°C 
The average was at 15.7°C - not a great deal of support for the 20°C+ 850's

Today, the control run is much nearer the average, the average being 15.7°C again.

2016-08-13 (1).png

It's always worth glancing at the ensembles, even if it's further out, as the operational run can be taken too seriously.
It's still looking fairly warm and pleasant, what's not to like?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Today wasn't so good - we had brief drizzle in the morning, but in general it was just cloudy, dry and breezy. Reached 21C, so not cool - but some more sunshine would have been appreciated.

It's interesting to see Tuesday get downgraded so dramatically - earlier this week we had mid 20s and sun. Now the BBC show cloud and 19C. With an easterly wind, low cloud might be an issue here.

Does look like August will be one of those annoying north-south divide months.

Edited by cheese

Posted
5 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Its been another day above 25c down here, I have lost count now...

Another poor summer:oops:

Lol Garden shows all the signs of a good summer here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, cheese said:

Today wasn't so good - we had brief drizzle in the morning, but in general it was just cloudy, dry and breezy. Reached 21C, so not cool - but some more sunshine would have been appreciated.

It's interesting to see Tuesday get downgraded so dramatically - earlier this week we had mid 20s and sun. Now the BBC show cloud and 19C. With an easterly wind, low cloud might be an issue here.

but hasn't later in week upgraded? looking maybe 23-25C, where as earlier in week was looking pants, if anything models been upgrading the fine spell

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

but hasn't later in week upgraded? looking maybe 23-25C, where as earlier in week was looking pants, if anything models been upgrading the fine spell

Yeah, the nice weather has been pushed further back. At this rate the nice weather won't arrive here until the September equinox. 

Mon, Wed and Thurs look okay - but cloud amounts are hard to pin down. Could be really cloudy. 

High pressure will be smack bang over us tomorrow, but still cloudy. :wallbash:

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

That a bloody long ladder.:D

• Like 3