Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Just had a wee nosy through the Model Thread and Mr Murr seems to be on a roll with his thoughts and predicting the way he sees the outcome. Certainly favourable for us seeing some very cold PM air with undercutting lows later on down the line. I know its still 10+ days out but could we finally be seeing so consistency or are we on the wild goose chase again? If we can just get that trigger low south in to the med then is game on! Oh and shift everything a little further West. Lol. Am no expert so whats your thoughts guys....Boofer, Mountain, Rochey etc??

• Like 2

Posted

My thoughts are..... more runs needed!

I think it's increasingly likely that we will see the Euro slug replaced by a Euro low but can we advect the cold West?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

13th January appears to be a date to watch out for.

ECU0-240.gif

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 2

Posted

We are definitely looking better than a couple of days ago ronan thats for sure as mountain shadow says the slug is getting replaced with a euro low both the euro models or pretty similar @144 uk model has the ridge slightly more amplified in the atlantic than the ecm but not much in it,  gfs is trending towards them each run i think the gfs is underestimate the strength of the russian high and will move everthing west by tomorrow but you never know been burnt so many times before.

Would love to see the ridge in atlantic get more amplified but thinking that is as amplified as it will get no point looking much further ahead than that but the fi looked great.

It would be nice to wake up tomorrow morning with no downgrades for a change and the whole thing singing the same hymn sheet.:)

• Like 1

Posted

No real upgrades or downgrades this morning. Still the chance of something wintry from the NW in the 8 to 10 day period.

Still no real sign of anything prolonged.

Posted

If we could just get one cold spell in place then that could be the game changer. I can't see any long cold spells happening but i would be happy with the odd 2 day cold blast from the NW/N. Lets see now if the 06z has any changes. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

well one thing is for sure ,we wont be getting a cold spell the first half of this month. We have not had a proper cold spell during the second half of jan in ireland in yrs,so all hopes could be resting on feb to rescue this winter . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
8 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Anyone know what the weather is like in Greece?

Nothing like the rubbish we are getting here. The greeks have stolen another of our winters lol

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Anyone know what the weather is like in Greece?

Yea got some images sent to me there from Greece 1st image is the mediterranean sea the 2nd is the main highway to Athens the 3rd is the famous Patras bridge oh yea last but not least is Alekos from the model thread.:yahoo::cold-emoji:

dramatic-melt-off-of-Arctic-sea-ice-due-to-climate-change.jpg

arctic_ozone_northpole_54620.jpg

b31438414fcbe2309a4504fbe55fb473_XL.jpg

arctic-logo.jpg

Edited by booferking
  • Like 4