Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
36 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Fergie tweeting a 'heads-up' this morning though. After hitting the West Country first, the Low carries on to sit right over to our Region. Certainly one to watch!

Fergie tweet 15 Nov.jpgGFS Sun 20 Nov.png

Its nothing that we haven't seen time and time again. Strong winds and lashings of rain - it doesn't do anything for me, living in the UK for all 34 years of my life, I just cant get excited or bothered about a strong Atlantic storm. But everyone has their preferences so that's fine.

I'm a weather junkie for the abnormal - Snow/ Freezing cold in winter and Sun/ Heat in summer

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Nice and mild today, no need for a scarf, cosy coat or gloves. Quite pleasant and no wind either.

Don't like wind storms, unless it's going to snow, as it tends to fall a tree on the power lines here, and it's very windy by the school.

In other news my bubs has been chosen to be a 'reviewer' of new books written for school children, which although sounds boring, will help her tons with her reading,writing and spelling.She loves reading and is very excited.:D

Posted

wow, it was amazingly mild this morning when I jumped into the car at 5:15 in Southend, no need for any cold weather clothing and when I got to the office in the Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire borders it was feeling almost 'warm' car saying 12 degrees.  I even had a salad for lunch :-)

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted

I will add that the forecast for me said 'light rain' light rain? LIGHT RAIN. My melons it was light rain. 

soaked.

That's it i'm doing sausages and mash for tea. Some body stop me!:girl_devil:

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very mild day,there were a few bits of sunshine but also some rain or drizzle at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
55 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It was 13.6c last night and damp. The slugs and snails are out in force.

Weren't they just! There was an illegal slug rave going on in my garden! This should send em scuttling back into their hiding places..... :D

Friday night/Saturday morning frost: GFS Min Temp Sat 19 Nov 06.--.png

• Like 3

Posted

Well that was an odd kind of dizzle mizzle rain-ish grey stuff yesterday. My Dad got married yesterday and driving though Bucks to the wedding was like driving though the lowlands or the lake district as the top of hills just disappeared in the greyness! And we're back to the teens at night so the winter duvet is too hot...bah! Cold, please.

North Bucks on Meto for Friday - a snow and then a lightning symbol!!

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted

Could feel the chill is returning and it will be time to wear cosy coat and new hat. But where are my new boots?!? No e-mail to say they are heading to me. It's been 2 days it just isn't on.

Lovely bright morning. Some times that low, bright winter morning sun is useful.

Cloud coming in time for the school run.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Stormy Saturday night, especially for the south coast, then the jet stream buckles, wonder what happens next?

Posted

The grumpy cat is back winter must be coming, looks like we're going to bid farewell to double figures after tomorrow for quite some time I imagine, even a chance of wintry showers down south. :D 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Changing Skies said:

The grumpy cat is back winter must be coming, looks like we're going to bid farewell to double figures after tomorrow for quite some time I imagine, even a chance of wintry showers down south. :D 

That cat needs some snow to cheer it up:santa-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted

low risk of thunder and hail tomorrow. thunder on my birthday? yes please:D

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dami said:

Happy dubsday:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
24 minutes ago, Dami said:

No doubt it will change, but for now I have a thunderstorm risk tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Sunday being the worst.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
On 14/11/2016 at 17:07, JennyJane1 said:

i have new boots.

Where are they from?  We discussed this a few years back via. PM if you recall.

Regarding todays weather, I must say the lunchtime forecast was most misleading - she said that the front had cleared through and was leaving sunshine and a few scattered showers to follow through.  Around 20 minutes later it was murky and raining as the front passed through.:nonono:  We didn't see much brightness until much later in the afternoon.

Posted
8 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Regarding todays weather, I must say the lunchtime forecast was most misleading - she said that the front had cleared through and was leaving sunshine and a few scattered showers to follow through.  Around 20 minutes later it was murky and raining as the front passed through.:nonono:  We didn't see much brightness until much later in the afternoon.

Raining here at the moment

• Like 1

Evening Gang! 

Was quite pleasant today up until around 2pm when the wind picked up and it got cooool!!! It has also rained a lot tonight here already thanks to a train of showers coming out o f the Bristol channel!

Im trying to post more now I can get on mums computer lol!!! 

Tomorrow will be a tad on the breezy side..

All thanks to a small secondary low that spins itself up and moves towards Norway/Denmark..

wind 1.pngwind 2.png

wind 3.png wind 4.png

Also accompanied by some pretty hefty showers.. With a good chance of hail and thunder! More so into the afternoon by the looks of things...

Could be some pretty intense showers on the south coast:

rain 1.gifrain 2.gif

Won't comment much on weekend till Friday earliest LOL

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I do remember, we had a conversation about the soles of the boots, these were only £5 from primark, they had various colours so i got a couple of pairs, some might say they are ugly and clumpy because of the thickness and flatness of the soles, but they have the ridges in which i need when its the slightest bit slippery.For those who don't know, the primark in this area is at Norwich, i didn't make a special trip but i had other business there so i called in while passing.

2 hours ago, Dami said:

Edited by JennyJane1
additinal information

Posted
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

I do remember, we had a conversation about the soles of the boots, these were only £5 from primark, they had various colours so i got a couple of pairs, some might say they are ugly and clumpy because of the thickness and flatness of the soles, but they have the ridges in which i need when its the slightest bit slippery.

They sound good; are they these?

R35397116788775-xlarge.jpg?d=1

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
19 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

no, much flatter, no gap.

They're not on the site.  Anyway, good to know!